A Cottage That Mixes Modern With Vintage

by hookedonhouses on December 29, 2009

Lookiloos-Cottage entry

Lookiloos featured a fun tour of this 360 square-foot cottage in Los Gatos, California. A family of four is living here while their main house is undergoing a major remodel. It may be small, but it’s big on personality!

Lookiloos-cottage bedroom

Homeowner Lisa Murray has a gift for mixing modern and vintage. Lookiloos’ Julia writes, “Lisa is nothing if not whimsical and avante garde. And the cottage reflects that.”

Lookiloos-cottage bathroom

Take a tour of the cottage at Lookiloos.

Lookiloos

Nancy Hood December 29, 2009 at 10:14 am

It’s going to be moved!
Someone sent me the link through a Facebook pal and I thought of you :)

AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage December 29, 2009 at 11:32 am

Very cool. I wish I could have several houses just so I could decorate each one differently…wait…did I just say that out loud :) ?
.-= AnNicole@OurSuburbanCottage´s last blog ..The Homies 2009 =-.

cashon&co December 29, 2009 at 11:47 am

Love the decor. The lit arrow and the pin-up girl painting are awesome. great inspiration. !!

Pam December 29, 2009 at 12:21 pm

I just love this!
.-= Pam´s last blog ..Capturing Time =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now December 29, 2009 at 1:36 pm

J’adore that red bed frame!!!!!
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Starting ‘Em Young… =-.

Lisa December 29, 2009 at 2:22 pm

This house rocks! You’re right, lots of personality! Thank you for sharing it.
.-= Lisa´s last blog ..AND, Another Christmas to Remember =-.

pk @ Room Remix December 29, 2009 at 2:25 pm

This is such a fun look! That red bed is very cool, too.
.-= pk @ Room Remix´s last blog ..Closet Craft Room – Craft Organization Inspiration and Linky Party =-.

laura @ the shore house December 29, 2009 at 3:03 pm

I would have such a hard time moving back to my “real” house if that cute cottage were mine! Though I reckon the real house will be pretty outstanding when it’s done.

Happy holidays Mlle Julia!! The blog looks great…thank you so much for brightening my days and giving me sooooo much inspiration in 2009! My wishes for more health, more happiness, and more houses in 2010. :-)
.-= laura @ the shore house´s last blog ..Boxing day. =-.

Kim December 29, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Beautiful! If I was related to the family, I would come and visit just so I could sleep in that cottage.

Rita December 29, 2009 at 5:09 pm

What a cute little guest cottage/pool house…it had me at the front door.

I’m not sure which I admire more, the cottage or the family of four able to live in 360 sq. feet…they are brave. Thanks for sharing.
.-= Rita´s last blog ..Happy New Year =-.

Annie@A View on Design December 29, 2009 at 6:36 pm

that looks great – how fab! I’d say a trendy young person’s home!!!
.-= Annie@A View on Design´s last blog ..Sensational Soverign Islands =-.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints December 29, 2009 at 8:12 pm

What a cool entry…so cottagy. Now I’m off to check out that link:)
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..Our new tradition =-.

Lesley @ TheDesignFile December 29, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I love small houses and seeing how people live in less space. But this is truly tiny! It is absolutely adorable but I do think I’d be ready to go once my place was finished.

Still, I sure do love that red bed. Thanks for featuring it!
.-= Lesley @ TheDesignFile´s last blog ..Design Translation: Our last pick — a side table =-.

Cottage Dreamers December 29, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I don’t know what it is about small spaces that really get my imagination wheels spinning, but I can’t get enough of them!!! Love it!
.-= Cottage Dreamers´s last blog ..Budget Wrap Up =-.

31everything December 30, 2009 at 10:43 am

Gorgeous! I love mixing old with new :)
.-= 31everything´s last blog ..Gallery Walls That Inspire =-.

Struggler December 30, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Wow, that wasn’t what I was expecting at all! I just went and viewed the Lookiloos tour; love all the bright colors they’ve used.
.-= Struggler´s last blog ..Taking Stock – Regrets =-.

le December 30, 2009 at 11:13 pm

just fab – another great find – thanks Julia – le
.-= le´s last blog ..Ohh and ahhh =-.

Home January 28, 2010 at 3:10 am

Wow this is a nice mix-up and everything. Old and new, new and old. Thanks so much! I love this article!