Reese Witherspoon Selling Family Home in L.A.

by hookedonhouses on July 3, 2014

Reese Witherspoon's Brentwood Estate For Sale | hookedonhouses.netWhen I heard Reese Witherspoon was selling the Spanish-style estate she shares with husband Jim Toth and kids Ava, Deacon, and Tennessee in Brentwood, I couldn’t wait to see it. I loved her country retreat in Ojai and wouldn’t mind living here, either…

Reese Witherspoon's Brentwood House For Sale (2)

The listing says, “Captivating California Spanish Estate tucked away at the end of a quiet cul de sac on a double lot in the desirable, guard-gated, Brentwood Circle.”

Reese Witherspoon's House in Brentwood | hookedonhouses.net

“Unparalleled privacy, wonderful authenticity, sprawling grounds, gorgeous gardens, richly detailed spaces, perfect floor plan and French doors throughout for the ideal indoor/outdoor lifestyle.”

Reese Witherspoon's House in Brentwood | hookedonhouses.net

The house has 5 bedrooms and 5.5 baths.

Reese Witherspoon's House in Brentwood | hookedonhouses.net

Reese Witherspoon's House in Brentwood | hookedonhouses.net

Reese Witherspoon's House in Brentwood | hookedonhouses.net

Reese Witherspoon's House in Brentwood | hookedonhouses.net

Reese Witherspoon's House in Brentwood | hookedonhouses.net

Reese Witherspoon's House in Brentwood | hookedonhouses.net

Reese Witherspoon's House in Brentwood | hookedonhouses.net

Want it? Check the listing with David Offer for more information, as well as articles on Yahoo!, Curbed, and Variety.

Reese Witherspoon's House in Brentwood | hookedonhouses.net

And if you missed it, check out the beautiful historic Libbey Ranch she recently sold in Ojai:

Reese Witherspoon's Ojai Retreat | hookedonhouses.net

My weekly newsletter goes out later today, so click here to give me your email address if you want to be included. I’d hate for you to miss anything. Have a fab Fourth, friends! :-)

Julia-simple teal signature

P.S. Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, including…

Ellen DeGeneres Buys Saladino Villa Montecito

Ellen DeGeneres Moves to Montecito

{ 28 comments… read them below or add one }

Carolyn July 3, 2014 at 9:21 am

Looks like a wonderful property, though I can’t say I care for the way it’s decorated. The design doesn’t seem very cohesive. Do you think she’s already moved her stuff out and it’s just been staged with whatever the designer/stager had in her warehouse? I don’t recognize any furniture from the Ojai ranch that was featured in Elle Decor. I loved the Ojai ranch, especially as decorated by Kathryn Ireland. Looks like she loves the iconic Southern California Spanish style. Wonder what style the new house will be? Don’t know where you found the interior shots. They aren’t on the listing page now.

hookedonhouses July 3, 2014 at 9:26 am

They have more interior photos in those articles I linked to. Check there!

Jonia July 5, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Carolyn, I couldn’t have said it better myself. Loved the Ojai ranch and I too, especially enjoyed how Kathryn Ireland decorated it.

Sarah from England July 3, 2014 at 11:14 am

I love the interior of this house, funky and traditional all in one.

lilk July 3, 2014 at 11:28 am

5bed 5.5 bath is nice,I wonder why she is moving. Isnt she also selling the Oja ranch / Any word on if she has already bought another house.

lilk July 3, 2014 at 11:36 am

i just checked. RW sold the Ojai ranch in dec 2013 for $4.9mill .
She sold it at a loss–as she did renovation– after 4 price cuts from 10mill to 8.9mill to 7.25mill to 5.9mill .
She bought it in 2008 for 5.8mill and married there in 2011.

Any word on where she is moving to or has moved to ?
Im sure she wants her kids in same schools so is she staying in same school zone area?

hookedonhouses July 3, 2014 at 11:51 am

Yeah, that had to hurt taking a loss on the ranch after all that work she did on it. I think the Variety article I linked to is the one that talks about where she’s looking to move.

Laura July 3, 2014 at 1:55 pm

I like the way it’s decorated. It seems very homey and kid friendly to me, not pretentious and overdone. I like an eclectic, gathered over time look as opposed to a designer-y, all bought at once look.

cardinalkay64@sbcglobal.net July 4, 2014 at 5:22 am

Ditto on what Laura said.
My thoughts were that, at last, someone didn’t stage the life out of the house!
Of course, I’m assuming she hired somebody.
So. I am now obsessing over those arching floor lamps for dining tables.
We might put ours off-center in the room, so one would work for us!

Mary July 3, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I see that even celebrities have a problem hiding cords. (Check the entertainment cabinet in the bedroom picture.) Since these photos had to have been taken by a professional, you would think they could have photo-shopped them out.
Nice home, though.

Gur July 3, 2014 at 3:49 pm

The decor is quite eclectic (mcm, regency, moorish, industrial, contemporary, etc), and the bones look good — like the patio and the uses of green cabinetry of different finishes. It doesn’t look entirely staged — the LR in particular look like pretty personal with the books and art work.

re: the cord — I think the bundle must have fallen from behind the console and the photography firm/stager didn’t notice it. They also missed closing the slightly open drawer in the kitchen and the cracked open dishwasher.

Li nda July 3, 2014 at 4:36 pm
hookedonhouses July 3, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Ooh! Fun!

claudia July 3, 2014 at 7:48 pm

LOVE this!! I loved her Ojai house and this is just as lovely- I like that it looks like a family lives there and is not staged- the furniture is not all “matchy-matchy” and perfect. I also really like those pulley lamps – the one in the sitting room and the one over the table in the breakfast room- I’ve never seen those before; they’re pretty cool! I’m sure she’ll find something equally as spectacular in the Palisades!

Donna July 3, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Hi Julia,

I really liked this house (and Reese). It’s not my style of decorating but it looks like someone’s real house and that you could live there with kids.

But the brown ottomans at the end of the bed look like the bed has … wait I’m just going to say it… testicles.

Cheers
Donna
Victoria Australia

hookedonhouses July 4, 2014 at 7:52 am

I doubt that was the look she was going for in the room! Ha.

carrie July 4, 2014 at 9:50 am

I thought they looked like mushrooms – like giant mushrooms were sprouting from the floor. I’ll bet they are comfortable though. At least I hope so because they don’t have much else going for them. That said, I love the house and how it is decorated. Very homey.

Shemy July 4, 2014 at 12:56 am

Beautiful house! Anyone else spy Reese’s Oscar on the bookshelves? Hehe

Kim July 4, 2014 at 1:23 am

Thanks for sharing this with us. I love seeing the homes Reese Witherspoon has lived in. She seems to have good taste. This house is lovely. Better then most Spanish styled homes I’ve seen, but the Ojai house is still my favorite.

Autumn July 4, 2014 at 2:28 am

For some reason what I loved most about this house was that beautiful front door and the arched windows.

Esther George July 4, 2014 at 7:04 am

Hi Julia this is so lovely but you know I love Spanish style homes. Thank you for sharing, I’m going back for a closer look it’s 10 at night my eyes are not that good late at night. Till next time Regards Esther from Sydney. PS have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

hookedonhouses July 4, 2014 at 7:53 am

Thanks, Esther! Have a great weekend in Sydney! :)

Lisa July 5, 2014 at 9:01 am

I love how they photoshop some of the artwork. Pretty sure Reese doesn’t have a photo of a seagull over the fireplace. ;) More likely a family photo (or ridiculously expensive artwork) that she didn’t want seen which makes me think it isn’t staged but it is all her stuff still in there.

hookedonhouses July 5, 2014 at 9:06 am

Could be, but I think that’s a flat-screen TV. Check the photo below it and you can see it in the background (turned off).

Erin July 6, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Well, I’d happily take any of Reese’s “leftovers”. She has great taste in properties!

Monnaie Ernakulam July 7, 2014 at 12:29 am

Nice architects design and interior designing!

Vanesa October 1, 2014 at 6:32 am

Hi! Im crazy searching for the architect of this house do you know who is it?

hookedonhouses October 1, 2014 at 6:33 am

Oh, sorry, I don’t. Does anyone else?