Home Tour: Melaine’s Lovely Lake House

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House

Welcome to Melaine’s lake house outside Seattle, Washington. I’ve been a fan of her blog My Sweet Savannah for a long time and was excited when she offered to give you a tour of her beautiful home. Come on in!

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (4)

Melaine is a self-taught decorator who started blogging as a way of showcasing her hand-painted furniture and signs.

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (25)

She describes her style as “traditional with a cottage/vintage twist. I like mixing old and new.”

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (21)

“Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of creating beautiful spaces. Even before I started grade school I was rearranging my bedroom on my own.”

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (24)

“My mom would drag me around to garage sales and thrift stores, and now I am doing the same with my kids.”

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (44)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (13)

You can catch a glimpse of the lake outside the dining room windows:

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (23)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (8)

Melaine says the family room is her favorite place in the house because it’s a comfy gathering spot for her family.

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (16)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (35)

I think every lake house needs a stone fireplace…

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (15)

Her son’s bedroom:

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (3)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (20)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (2)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (43)

The master bedroom:

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (38)

She loves dark gray and says the paint color Seal by Martha Stewart is a good one. She also likes Ralph Lauren’s Oatmeal because “It’s a warm off-white, a good neutral.”

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (39)

Barn doors in the bedroom:

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (37)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (17)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (12)

A cozy nook in the hallway:

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (27)

Looking into the kitchen:

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (36)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (32)

A chalkboard calendar in the kitchen:

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (28)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (31)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (9)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (30)

Another view of the lake from the kitchen window:

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (7)

I love how warm this kitchen looks.

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (14)

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (29)

Melaine is Market Editor for Souvenir, a lifestyle magazine. She was interviewed by Stacey at Steward of Design if you want to learn more about her.

My Sweet Savannah Melaine's Lake House tour (6)

Most of these gorgeous photos were taken by Christine at Trimood Photography. Thanks to Melaine for sharing them with us. Visit her beautiful blog My Sweet Savannah to see more!

Julia signature 2

Susan's sewing studio Maple & Magnolia dressform
Even though I don't sew, I love seeing spaces where creative women like Susan work. She has a guest house on her property that she…
Assortment Living Small blog tiny house (1)
Carmella and Russ live happily in a small (some would say tiny) 665 square-foot cabin in Wyoming with their three boys and a dog named…

Comments

Of course, I’m loving all the vintage! This gal certainly has an eye for detail; I’ve pinned several of her vignettes for inspiration. Oh, + I’m going to need to order that pair of wooden lamp bases from Target. :-)
    KAY @ redbirdv.wordpress.com

2. Maddie May says

This lake house has me hooked. I love the soft muted neutrals as they are my absolute favorite color combination. The details throughout this home are just right & add the character & charm that truly makes this home unique. I am in love with this home.

3. Jennah says

Ahhhh-bsolutely stunning! I’ve spent more of my morning then I should have just gazing at the photos of this lovely home. Oh to be able to sink into that sofa and gaze out at the lake or sit at the island witha cup of tea! So many warm and personal touches! Thank you for sharing, Julia!

4. KimberlyRose says

Beautiful, especially the kitchen. Would have loved to see a bigger pic of the outside of the house.

Melaine’s home is so comfy and pretty. She’s constantly surprising me with all her great craft ideas as well.
    Thank you Julia for sharing my link of my interview with her!

6. Lynn says

The words stenciled in the kitchen skylight are fabulous!!!!

7. Erin says

Wow! I love how immediately inviting and cozy her home appears. I think I could easily become a great hermit if I had a home like that. I would never want to leave!

Beautiful!!! I am going back for another peek at the luvly kitchen.
    Thanks for the tour Julia and for allowing me to wander through Melaine.

Wow, wow, and wow. I totally love this place. Every detail is well thought out and makes such a cohesive, warm and inviting space. Sit and stay a spell?….heck no, you’d have to kick me out! Nicely done, Melaine and thanks SO much for sharing this Julia.

10. Greta says

Lovely! Very relaxing, and looks likes real people can l live and love there. Love to see what the gardens look like too. Please do tell, what are the kitchen counters made of?

11. Rebecca C says

I love this house! It’s comfortable and cozy and everything I’d love to have in mine. Thanks for sharing this one. I have to go check out her blog now.

Gr8 job! So many inspirations. I am a certified home staging consultant. I have a lake home as well. It’s a small cabin, only 800 sq ft but I staged it to sleep 10. I love lake living. Nothing like waking up in the morning to the calm water and watching sunsets. Your home is divine! Cheryl

13. jodi says

I’ve been a Sweet Savannah follower for quite some time. Absolutely my favorite blog ever. Love everything about your home Melanie!

I am a fan of your blog. I love all your posts. We learn so so much from you. And this house is truly a work of art.
    So lovely!
    xoxo
    Lisa
    Leeshideaway.blogspot.com

Amazing! I LOVE the colors! Someday, when I’m a grown up and I don’t have a dirty mechanic for a husband and dogs with muddy feet, I’ll live in a place like this! Hey, one can dream can’t they?

Absolutely beautiful! So warm and welcoming as well as great details ~

I’m a new follower and appreciate your sharing her home!

Pat

i have followed my sweet savannah for quite some time but this was great to see the way the rooms flow into one another giving a better idea of layout. her home always looks fabulous and interesting.

I have been following your blog for some time Julia – myself and some of my friends here in Ireland love the wonderful variety of homes you feature. I have to say this is one of my all time favourites. It shows how well neutrals can work without looking bland – and how a little touch of industrial chic works so well in a family home. Love it all :) Marie

What a beautiful home … you have inspired me! Love the colors. Love the vintage. What is there NOT to LOVE about this home?? Thank you for sharing it with us.

love her home..it’s one of my favorites in the blogosphere.
    she’s a remarkably talented girl!

Thank you so much for featuring my brand new house, Julia! Turns out Melaine couldn’t keep up with it anymore, so I took it off of her hands. Wasn’t that nice of me? I even offered to take it furnished. You know, to save her money on moving costs and all. By the way, party this Saturday – 8:00 pm……….everyone’s invited!
    WOOOHOOO!!! Love my new house………. 😉

22. Esther George says

WOW Julia how dreamy is this home. I told myself only one coffee today but after this beauty I need another one it’s my only vice + chocolate. Thank you for sharing you have made my day, have a lovely weekend. Regards Esther from Sydney.

LOVE Melanie’s blog and her house are beyond charming! How wonderful it must be to call it home!! Her style is warm and inviting and full of treasures!! Marcy

24. jep says

Thanks Julia, this is one of those homes that just says “Come in and be comfortable” to me. Great job Melaine!

Wow Melaine! What a lovely surprise to see this in my facebook feed. Your home is just beautiful! And yet another surprise to know you are the talented designer behind ” My Sweet Savannah”. Well done! Of course, the best surprise was seeing you and Rosalie again after all these years! <3

26. chelsea says

Wow, so many creative ideas! This is such a beautiful and comfortable house – lovely!

Wow!!! what a wonderful, warm, cosy, charming, enchanted (…) house! I could spend my holidays (and more) there! Melaine has such a sense for decoration! I LOVE the place! thanx for sharing!

I have been following Melanie’s blog for some time now and am so happy to see her beautiful home here! She provides such great inspiration.

29. Jenni says

I usually prefer colourful houses but this one was just so warm and cosy looking! I am loving the dark grey and the chalkboard wall!!

Melaine’s home is absolutely beautiful. I have followed her blog for years but haven’t seen some of these gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing!

The colors are very relaxing. The kitchen is my favorite….it looks like the perfect spot to gather with family and friends to cook, chat and hangout.
    Beautiful spot too, with a view of a lake!

I’m in love. I think I should just bookmark this because I can’t pick just one or two to pin. :)

33. Javi says

Georgeous home! Where did you get the sign over the bed (loved you then)?

34. Alie B says

Thanks for this bit of eye candy. You’ve made me feel like I’m at the cottage! :-)

35. DEB BRAUN says

I love this house. Would love to know where you found the large wood frames and the saying above the bed “Love you still”. Have to have them!