Samantha’s Malibu Beach House from “Sex and the City”

Samantha's beach house 1

Remember the contemporary beach house in Malibu that Samantha (Kim Cattrall) lived in for the first Sex and the City movie? It was pretty fabulous, with glass balconies and ocean views. I showed you a little of it in my post about the SatC sets.

Well, now you can live there yourself! That’s right, you can rent this house for $75,000 a month for a short-term lease, or a more “budget-friendly” price of $55,000 if you plan to stay awhile.

In this shot from the movie, Samantha and her live-in boyfriend Smith Jerrod (Jason Lewis) make themselves at home:

Here’s how the house looks in the listing, with what appears to be the same furniture that Samantha used:

Malibu beach house-Sex and the City

When the movie filmed in ’08, the house was on the market for $17 million, but the price was later dropped to $14.5 million. (More photos and info on Iamnotastalker.)

Malibu Beach House-2

The house has three levels and they’re almost entirely glass, which makes for great views everywhere you look:

Malibu Beach house-3

The kitchen in the movie:

Samantha-kitchen 2

And in the listing:

Malibu beach house-kitchen

Samantha's beach house kitchen

More listing photos:

Malibu beach house 5

The house has 5 bedrooms, 6 baths, and 4 decks.

Malibu beach house-bedroom 6

This bathroom is pretty amazing:

Malibu beach house-bathroom 7

Samantha on the balcony in the movie:

Samantha's beach house-windows

For more photos and information, check the Coldwell Banker listing (sorry, it sold). You can see my post about the rest of the Sex and the City sets, including Carrie’s apartment makeover, here.

P.S. Visit Houses Onscreen to see more, including…

Gossip Girls TV show sets

Gossip Girl

When I saw this beautiful, beachy Martha's Vineyard house featured on House of Turquoise, I immediately thought of the one from Something's Gotta Give. So…
Sex and the City 2 movie poster
In Sex and the City 2, Carrie quips that she's been cheating on fashion with furniture. And honestly, I thought the furniture may have been…

Ok, I’ll take it…..and I’ll make sure I say hello to the nice man who lives next door :)

I don’t usually love uber modern decor, but that bathroom makes it ALL worth it!!! And, the beach!

This is gorgeous! Those views! And that bathroom! I’m completely stunned. I’d love to rent this for a month or two. But 75,000 dollar a month, well, it’s not gonna happen any time soon. But you never know! It’s a shame though that Smith isn’t included :p

Wow, the windows {and the view} are incredible. But boy, that is some serious rent money isn’t it?? I would die to live on the beach one day though!
    Nancy xo

5. Maria says

Beautiful, but I think I’m getting sunburned just from looking at it. Also, as someone who has a curved glass sunroom…I bet it gets wicked hot in the afternoon facing that western sun, so one would have to keep all those doors open and let the roar of the surf/beach breezes roll in…oh to have such a problem!

I know.. they’re trying to sell this house for ages!!!! I think they’re having trouble to do it because of the price, but who knows? They might get lucky now that you’ve posted about it. 😉

I hope you and your family have a blessed week, Julia!

Luciane at

Post of the Day: A Retreat in Brazil.

I think residents would have to constantly wear sunscreen and sun glasses. By the way, does the neighbor (you know which one I am talking about) come with the property?

8. Mandy says

Love the house! I am not a fan of white, white, white. So, I would take the house and re-furnish it.

Well, it’s not my style but I’m sure I could struggle thru some how! Those views make up for everything else! —oh and that bathroom :)!!!!

Something to dream about! There’s so much snow outside my window :-(
    I need a view of the ocean, warm sunshine and walking barefoot on the beach. Sigh….

I’d take it solely based on the fact that it has that fabulous bathroom!! Love all those amazing windows, but I wonder who they hire to clean them? 😉

12. Bre says

I am SO excited to see Carrie and Big’s apartment from S&TC2! I loved the furniture, their bed and dresser for the TV especially. This beach house is ultra cool and modern, which is probably why it’s not my taste. I love the clean lines and white furniture though. I love all the panoramic views the windows provide, and I agree, that bathroom is pretty spectacular. I love bathrooms that feel like a spa. This house is incredible, and “affordable” if staying longterm haha

Wow … the views are incredible!! I so enjoyed looking back at the other Sex and the City post too … so fun to have all of the pictures of their “places” in one spot!! I think I’m more of a Charlotte girl in decorating!! Thanks so much for the fabulousness!

14. Kim says

I love the view of that house. It looks so relaxing. I don’t care for the house, way too contempory for my taste. I love the white furniture though. They look cozy to sit in.

Oh yeah. I hope it still has the view of the neighbor’s shower! Well, only if he’s a good neighbor.

I agree with Melody, loooove the bathroom. Perfect light, enough privacy and a view.

The clean lines are the perfect compliment to the views. This house is all about the views, clutter and anything but simple and modern would ruin the entire effect. Very nice.

Usually I don’t love modern beach houses, but all that wood and glass is beautiful…and that view! Whenever we travel to the L.A. area, we try to stay at a great cheap motel in Malibu just so we can walk on that beach. Despite all the celebs that live there, it’s actually a neat, laid-back little city.

Oh. My. Gosh. Dream house! I think I’m drooling a little. All of that glass is incredible, and those are amazing views. I can picture myself and my husband living there… yup. (:

I am a big fan of Sex and the City, so love the posts you made on the beach house and Carrie’s apartment. Hope you will do a feature as well on the apartments used in the series like Samantha’s apartment in the Meatpacking district.

Nice view, but I can’t imagine how often you’d have to clean the windows! Ocean spray is messy.