Hooked on Brooke’s Beach House

by hookedonhouses on May 14, 2009

Welcome to Hooked on Fridays, a blog party I host at the end of every week to celebrate the things that make us happy. This week I’m hooked on Brooke Giannetti’s house, which is only a hop and a skip to the beach. Brooke is the talented designer behind the beautiful blog Velvet & Linen. She gave a tour of her home on her blog recently, and I knew I would like it the minute I saw this charming front porch.

Via Velvet & Linen

Brooke says, “We built it seven years ago, but Steve and I wanted it to feel like an old beach cottage.”

The enclosed garden room used to be the back porch. Brooke says, “It is a great place to sit and watch the kids in the pool or just read a book. I keep dreaming of putting a little desk in here. I would love to work and look out into the garden.” Me, too! Maybe I’ll put MY desk in Brooke’s garden room. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind. I’d be quiet as a mouse. She wouldn’t even know I was there!

To see the rest of Brooke’s home, visit Velvet & Linen and take the tour. I bet her blog will become one of your favorites, too! (And if you like beach houses in general, visit my other blog, Beach Cottage Love, where it’s all beachy, all the time.)

Now it’s your turn to tell us what you’re hooked on today! If you have something to share with us on your blog, then add your link below.  (The party is now closed.)

Hooked on Fridays Participants

1. Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home (Colors in a Home Library)
2. songbirdtiff (making gifts)
3. The Shabby Chic Cottage
4. PamperingBeki (Coffee Milkshakes!)
5. Mary Beth {Summer Decorating with Ikea}
6. Struggling to be Stylish (Hooked on Blue!)
7. Puna @ Life Signatures
8. Jennifer @ Blogging God And Me (Memories)
9. TK – Starter Home $368/square foot
10. DesignTies (Garden sheds)
11. Beach Cottage Love (painted furniture)
12. TheOldPostRoad (bird prints)
13. Jeanette @ A Passion for Scrapbooking, Decorating & Shopping (neoclassicism)
14. angela | the painted house (hooked on befores & afters!)
15. maya | springtree road (sneaky weasel giveaway)
16. Kate @ Stolen Moments (chicken confit & asparagus pasta rags)
17. the BLAH BLAH BLAHger (Swedish design)
18. A Simple Walk (pop bottles as toys)
19. SuzyHomemaker (Grey’s)
20. Wayfaring Wanderer {Hk’d on Beach Polaroids}
21. Katie @ Clean & Classic Interiors (Happy Sink Flowers)
22. HouseAHolic- Derelict Queenslanders
23. Making This Home
24. Christy – sharing a bit of my heart!
25. Johns Journal (Our lil subtropical island)
26. StuccoHouse (virtual bungalow tour)
27. Victoria@Whimsy by Victoria (Hooked on Handbags!)
28. Our Nifty Notebook (Homeschool Rally)
29. Amy @ Living Locurto (Vintage Design Inspiration)
30. Fabulously French (French baths)
31. Animator’s Wife (earning rewards)
32. Tina @ Luphia loves… {{Black & White Interiors}}
33. mannequin(stripey house)
34. Christy (Fantastic Etsy Finds)
35. Angela @ PeonyPatch (Ladybugs)
36. Newlyweds (summer garden)
37. Shawn/Lifeatbuttercupfarm (cuttinggarden)
38. Christine @ Distract Me (Sunshine!)
39. Janis@An Inspired Life (beachy decor)
40. creations (handmade cloches)
41. It’s Frugal Being Green (Magazine Reviews)
42. Ann Kroeker (turkey–really!)
43. Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting
44. Janet@Jan’s Gems (Silver Furnishings)
45. Reflections Of Debbie (Kitchen Cabinets, Counters and Color)
46. Liz @ It’s Great To Be Home (getting smoke smell out of wood)
47. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality (Frugal Fashion)
48. Abbie @ Sunshine and Shadows
49. Heather (My Garden!)
50. TheCincyLife
51. Deb/Dumbwittellher
52. Holly@Homebody (CSI)
53. From the Right Bank to the Left Coast (White Room for the Beatles)
54. Supernatural Botanicals (Master Suites)
55. Fifi Flowers (Ice Cream)
56. Carolina Mama (Tennis)
57. Daly Essentials(Affordable Art)
58. Katie @ Listmaker’s Life (Makeover)
59. rachel@ mytinyrobotheart (sewing dresses)
60. ImagineCozy (Arranging Pictures)
61. Kendra@My Insanity (Neighbor Progressive Dinner)
62. Lindsay @ Likely Design (Bathroom Decor Plans!)
63. velvet and linen (hooked on enjoying the weekend)
64. jillian@Housewears(hooked on orange)
65. sue-in-sydney {hooked on autumn}
66. Ann (Hooked on cutting meat costs)
67. Eileen@Star’sFault (Glitter Pins)
68. Onlinehandyman is hooked on keeping the SPIDERS out!

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home May 14, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Hi Julia. I’ve been in such a cottage-kind of mood lately that I’m delighted to be introduced to Velvet & Linen! Thank you for including such beautiful photographs. ~Arleen

Arleen @ Seasons for All at Home’s last blog post..Home Library Bookshelves

Mary Beth May 14, 2009 at 9:00 pm

What a beautiful home. I love everything about it. The colors are so crisp and airy.

Mary Beth’s last blog post..Inexpensive Decorating-Sunroom Meets Ikea

Pat@millefiorifavoriti May 14, 2009 at 9:05 pm

I love the kitchen! A beautful home. I’ll enjoy looking at their web site – thanks Julia!

Pat@millefiorifavoriti’s last blog post..The First Daring Cooks Challenge: Ricotta Gnocchi

Struggler May 14, 2009 at 9:06 pm

I’m faint with longing for the large clock on the stairs, paired with the grandfather clock too. And whilst I wouldn’t normally choose those pinks and greens on display in the kitchen, they work beautifully here!

Struggler’s last blog post..Bring on the Blues

christy May 14, 2009 at 9:09 pm

You’re too funny Julia! I’m sure she wouldn’t know you’re there either. hehe! I saw that post when she first put it up and I just fell in love. She’s an amazing designer and I love her work. She lives the fabulous life, for sure. Hope you have a great day!

christy’s last blog post..Another room transformation

Puna May 14, 2009 at 9:11 pm

I love Brooke! Thanks for show casing her home.

Puna’s last blog post..17 Year Anniversary Gift

Jennifer @ Blogging God And ME May 14, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Wow, what an incredible home. She is an amazing designer. Love it all. Thanks for hosting the party. It’s always fun on Fridays to come here.

Have a great Friday,

Jennifer

Jennifer @ Blogging God And ME’s last blog post..Hooked on Memories

DesignTies May 14, 2009 at 9:29 pm

I absolutely adore Brooke, and her home, and her designs, and her blog…. she’s an amazing lady!!

I’m hooked on Brooke too!! :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

DesignTies’s last blog post..Ready… set… GARDEN!!

Terry Kearns May 14, 2009 at 9:34 pm

The V&L house is just too good. Y’all design bloggers post so many great designs on the web. But there aren’t so many that make me want to be there – that make me feel so comfortable. For me Brooke’s and Mr. Brooke’s (I hear he’s no slouch, himself) beach house is the total package.

Terry Kearns’s last blog post..Starter Home $368/square foot

TheOld PostRoad May 14, 2009 at 9:42 pm

What a great house! Love the green accents on the front (perfect with the roses/hydrangeas (can’t tell what they are)!). Also love the wooden walls and ceiling in the sunroom.

TheOld PostRoad’s last blog post..Bird Prints

velvet and linen May 14, 2009 at 9:43 pm

You know that I am such a huge fan of your blog and your “Hooked on Friday’s” Parties.
You can’t imagine how surprised, stunned, honored to see that your are hooked on my home!!!
Julia, you have been so supportive of my design work and my blog. I don’t know how to thank you enough.

xo xo

Brooke

velvet and linen’s last blog post..beach meets elle decor

Jeanette May 14, 2009 at 9:50 pm

She has a beautiful home. Her bedroom is my favorite.

Jeanette’s last blog post..A journey into the world of fabric & sewing…

angela | the painted house May 14, 2009 at 10:09 pm

What a beautiful house! I love a chica who boldly decorates with pink.

angela | the painted house’s last blog post..The Cottage Tour: Living Room & Kitchen

susan May 14, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Headed over for the tour. Is that the SGG clock I see?

susan’s last blog post..Foodie Friday…..Trainwrecks

Suzy May 14, 2009 at 10:46 pm

I am hooked on Brooke’s home too! What a great team she and her husband make. Classic design….And Brooke is a real sweetie too!

Suzy’s last blog post..Hooked on Thursdays….

Wayfaring Wanderer May 14, 2009 at 10:48 pm

Wow! I can’t get over how CLEAN it is…..haha

Wayfaring Wanderer’s last blog post..Oceanside Camping on the NC Coast

Jenny May 14, 2009 at 10:53 pm

It’s gorgeous and so calming!

Jenny’s last blog post..Abby’s Art

Christy May 14, 2009 at 11:45 pm

When I first saw her home showcased so beautifully on her blog – I was enchanted! Every detail so carefully planned…what a wonderful team Brooke and her husband make. This beach house is an amazing backdrop for the many lovely memories their children will create and savor as they reminisce over their childhood days in years to come.

Christy’s last blog post..take a peek…I’m sharing a bit of my heart

Victoria@Whimsy by Victoria May 15, 2009 at 12:03 am

I love this home! So soothing and the color palette is divine! Thanks for showcasing Brooke and her beautiful home…I have to go look at it some more!!

Hugs,
~Victoria~

Victoria@Whimsy by Victoria’s last blog post..Talking About Handbags and Purses…

mannequin May 15, 2009 at 5:29 am

That gardenroom is inspiring me to finally redo mine. I love how even though it’s sunny, it’s not harsh, it’s inviting.

mannequin’s last blog post..Stripey House

Luphia May 15, 2009 at 5:41 am

Brooke has such amazing talent & her houses are all so perfect & amazing!!

Luphia’s last blog post..Hooked on: Black & White

Kathleen Ellis May 15, 2009 at 5:56 am

Hi Julia!
I love Brooke’s house, too…one could go there and never leave!
Thanks for the moment of inspiration!
Have a fabulous weekend!
;-D

Kathleen Ellis’s last blog post..Easy Elegance for Summer with a Floating Tablescape…and CONTEST!

Janis@An Inspired Life May 15, 2009 at 7:19 am

What a stunning “cottage”……….hard to believe it’s only 7yrs old.

Christine May 15, 2009 at 7:50 am

I love the cabinet hardware and that awesome farm sink in the kitchen! And that ginormous clock! What a great house!

Christine’s last blog post..Hooked On {Sunshine}

Becky @Farmgirl Paints May 15, 2009 at 7:52 am

Beautiful! Can you just imagine living there?? I absolutely love the Swedish grandfather clock in the first picture. It’s on my longtime wishlist.

Becky @Farmgirl Paints’s last blog post..Dream a little

Ann Kroeker May 15, 2009 at 8:23 am

Ah…blissful. I’d love to wave a wand and turn my house into that house.

Ann Kroeker’s last blog post..Food on Fridays: Turkey Tetrazzini

Amanda @ Serenity Now May 15, 2009 at 8:44 am

Those are beautiful photos…thanks for sharing her home with us! :) I love the kitchen.

Amanda @ Serenity Now’s last blog post..Why I Love Toddlers…

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality May 15, 2009 at 8:56 am

Hi, Julia, I adore Brooke’s home too, she is a fantastic designer & I read her blog too.

I’m hooked on frugal fashion today, so I joined the party.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality’s last blog post..Frugal Fashion

Debbie May 15, 2009 at 8:57 am

What a lovely Beach House, I can surely see why you’re hooked on it!

Thanks again for hosting another Hooked On party Juila, I don’t participate nearly enough but I’m always here enjoying the parties even when I don’t join.

Sorry I have two entries, the first one is incorrect – Could I ask that you delete it for me?

Blessings and a Happy Weekend to you and your family – Debbie

Debbie’s last blog post..Hooked On My Kitchen

Linda@ Restyled Home May 15, 2009 at 9:02 am

I always know a visit to your blog will be well worth the trip! What a gorgeous home! I can only imagine how wonderful it must be to pull up to that home at the end of a long day…what a lucky (and talented) lady Brooke is!!

Another great post!!

Linda@ Restyled Home’s last blog post..Every Rose has its Thorns…

Amber May 15, 2009 at 9:06 am

I am drooling over that kitchen!

Heather May 15, 2009 at 9:23 am

This house is adorable! I love that back sunroom! Now I have to go take a peek at your other blog!
Have a great weekend!

Heather’s last blog post..How does your garden grow?

Kelly in Memphis May 15, 2009 at 9:46 am

I’m glad you shared her house! Your blog and hers are my two very favorites :) If you read her blog, she’s thinking of redecorating. I love it as is. She is as nice as can be. Both she and her husband are so talented!

Sher Miller May 15, 2009 at 9:58 am

Such a beautiful home!

Sher Miller’s last blog post..HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

Robyn May 15, 2009 at 10:03 am

I can see why you’re hooked on this home – I LOVE IT. Everything about it! ~ Robyn

Robyn’s last blog post..Foodie Friday – TrainwreckS

Suzann May 15, 2009 at 10:17 am

I LOVE her home – it IS so inviting.

Suzann’s last blog post..Happy Thoughts & Bloggy Love

Holly May 15, 2009 at 10:18 am

Beautiful house! I never would’ve guessed that it’s only 7 years old.

Holly’s last blog post..Bad Habit

from the right bank May 15, 2009 at 10:58 am

I fell in love with her house too when she did a house tour on her blog. She’s done an amazing job!

from the right bank’s last blog post..Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Kris May 15, 2009 at 11:12 am

What a beautiful house. I love the simplicity of the cottage look. She has a wonderful eye for ease, comfort and beauty.

Simply stunning.

Kris

Kris’s last blog post..Friday Flea Market

Carolina Mama May 15, 2009 at 11:55 am

What an awesome post. Love this Cottage!

Carolina Mama’s last blog post..It’s What’s For Dinner – Thanks Reader’s Digest

Daly Essentials May 15, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Brooke is amazingly talented. I love basically everything she works on!

Daly Essentials’s last blog post..Etsy Love

Angela May 15, 2009 at 12:12 pm

I’m in love. What a beautiful home!! I’m sure my hubby wouldn’t go for it…I’ll take even one room!
~angela @ peonypatch

Angela’s last blog post..Ladybugs

bungalowbliss May 15, 2009 at 12:25 pm

I don’t even know where to start with this house. I was in love at the kitchen…and then I saw the garden room (gosh, that even SOUNDS dreamy!). Absolutely love it!

bungalowbliss’s last blog post..Barefoot in the Kitchen

Amy May 15, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Oh, I’m absolutely hooked on this house too! I’ll add that to my dream list :)

Amy’s last blog post..Happy Thoughts

Montee May 15, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Love it! I will go over and check out her blog.

Melissa May 15, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Oh my Gosh!! I love, love, love this home! I wish she lived in Chicago. I could really use her help fine tuning my house! What a great post! Thanks soo much! Have a great weekend. :)

Melissa’s last blog post..Girls of Summer- The Preppy & The Chicster

Robin May 15, 2009 at 4:56 pm

So pretty! Very girlie. Love the garden room.

jeweledrabbit/Maureen May 15, 2009 at 5:36 pm

I don’t blame you for being hooked on Brooke’s home. It’s lovely.

jeweledrabbit/Maureen’s last blog post..Taking a Break

Sue May 15, 2009 at 7:11 pm

What a gorgeous home I took her tour and her master bedroom is amazing…It’s bigger then my whole house!!

Sue’s last blog post..WEEKENDS IN PARIS………Not exactly The Ritz….

Angela @ Imaginecozy May 15, 2009 at 10:15 pm

I love the green glass pulls on the cabinets in the kitchen — such a great detail.

Angela @ Imaginecozy’s last blog post..How to Arrange Pictures

Kim @ Everything Etsy May 15, 2009 at 10:34 pm

The kitchen is really pretty! I think they did an amazing job of making it feel older.

~Kim

Kim @ Everything Etsy’s last blog post..Using Etsy to Build Local Business

Renae Moore May 15, 2009 at 11:23 pm

I love love love Brooke’s home!
Thanks for sharing….her home is a great reflection of who she seems to be…gracious and lovely!
Blessings…

Renae Moore’s last blog post..Time Passes Quickly

Vicki Archer May 16, 2009 at 2:47 am

A great choice for today Julia – Brooke’s home is gorgeous, xv.

Vicki Archer’s last blog post..I am thinking about food for the weekend…

Amy @ Living Locurto May 16, 2009 at 11:05 am

That cottage is adorable! I’m so jealous… I have friends with beautiful girly, romantic homes like this. I wish I could get away with it, but I don’t think my husband would go with the shabby chic pink and green everywhere. I would be loving it though! It would feel like vacation every day.

I’m so glad I got to play along this week:-) Have a great weekend!

Slowish Food May 17, 2009 at 7:09 am

LOVE that kitchen with the McCoy and jadite. I would never leave that room!

Slowish Food’s last blog post..Whoo-hoo! Guess Who’s One Year Old?

Melissa May 17, 2009 at 7:24 am

Ok….this is my THIRD time back! I think I’m officially hooked on Brooke’s beach House. It is so well appointed, I keep going back to check out the little details!!

Melissa’s last blog post..Girls of Summer- The Preppy & The Chicster

Debbykay May 17, 2009 at 9:05 am

Okay! So I am ready to move-in! How lovely, thanks for sharing the amazing photos!

Happy day,
Debbykay @ Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

Debbykay’s last blog post..Savoring Violets

Susan May 17, 2009 at 10:09 am

Hi Julia…love Brooke’s home! I can totally understand why you are hooked on it…it’s beautiful! :-)

Janet Doherty May 17, 2009 at 9:55 pm

That is just the perfect girls spot…love the pink and greens…as I keep saying I really need another home to decorate in the whites….
Janet

Janet Doherty’s last blog post..Hungry for Sandwich!

Julie @ Organizement May 18, 2009 at 1:02 pm

I’m a little behind on posting, but that house is GORGEOUS!!

Julie @ Organizement’s last blog post..Clothes To Go!

SoBella Creations May 18, 2009 at 4:02 pm

What a great place!

SoBella Creations’s last blog post..Happy Mother’s Day

laura @ the shore house May 27, 2009 at 3:31 pm

I don’t know how I missed this post, but WOW…I can NOT believe that this house is so young! They did a fabulous job rocking the vintageness. Brava!!

laura @ the shore house’s last blog post..Guide to the Ocean Grove Flea Market

buy arcade machines September 12, 2011 at 10:57 pm

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

{ 9 trackbacks }