The Sets on Gossip Girl: Where the Young & Fabulous Live

Gossip Girl TV show cast and sets on CW

The sets on the popular CW series Gossip Girl are pretty fabulous. The camera could simply follow these characters around from set to set and I’d still be glued to the TV every week.

The Humphrey’s Loft:

Gossip Girl TV show sets Dan's loft

Rufus Humphrey (Matthew Settle) is a single dad raising his son Dan and daughter Jenny in this Brooklyn loft.

Gossip Girl TV show sets Dan's loft 2

Gossip Girl TV show sets Dan's loft 5

Behind Jenny, who is sitting at the kitchen counter, you can see the dining room, which is separated by a wall of shelves holding old record albums (Rufus used to be a musician who had a big hit or two):

Gossip Girl TV show sets Dan's loft 6

Gossip Girl TV show sets Dan's loft 7

Serena and Dan in Dan’s room. You can see the exposed-brick wall behind them and the built-in bookshelves:

Gossip Girl TV show sets Dan's loft 3

There’s a garage door that divides Dan’s room from Jenny’s:

Gossip Girl TV show sets Dan's loft 9

Jenny’s room has a kimono hanging over her bed. She wants to be a fashion designer and sews most of her own clothes:

Gossip Girl TV show sets Dan's loft 8

Nate Archibald:

Gossip Girl TV show Nate's townhouse

Nate, played by Chace Crawford, has a much more prestigious address on the Upper East Side.

Gossip Girl TV show Nate's townhouse 2

Gossip Girl TV show Nate's townhouse 3

The Palace Hotel:

Gossip Girl TV show sets Palace Hotel

The hotel is owned by Bart Bass, Chuck’s dad. The Bass men live here with Bart’s new wife Lily van der Woodsen and her children Serena and Eric.

Gossip Girl TV show sets Bass living room

Gossip Girl Palace Hotel living room

Gossip Girl Palace Hotel kitchen

Gossip Girl Palace Hotel breakfast room

Serena's bedroom on Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl TV show Blair's bedroom

Gossip Girl TV show sets dining room

UPDATE: I found some great pics of Serena’s bedroom from later in the series on the blog Living Gazette:

Serena Van Der Woodsen's bedroom on Gossip Girl

Blair Waldorf:

Gossip Girl TV show sets Blair's foyer

Blair (played by Leighton Meester) spends more time with her housekeeper Dorota than with her parents:

Gossip Girl TV show sets Blair's foyer 2

Gossip Girl TV show sets Blair's living room

Gossip Girl TV show sets Blair's bedroom 3

Gossip Girl TV show sets Blair's bedroom 4

Gossip Girl TV show sets Blair's bedroom

Gossip Girl TV show sets Blair's bedroom 2

Gossip Girl TV show sets Blair's bedroom 5

Blair Waldorf's bedroom on Gossip Girl

I found some of these photos at InStyle and Living Gazette but took the rest of the screenshots myself while watching the show. Who’s house (or loft or townhouse) would you choose? :-)

Julia-simple-teal-signature2

P.S. Visit Houses Onscreen to see more, including…

Pretty Little Liars houses ABC FamilyThe Houses from Pretty Little Liars

Comments

Well, I’d never heard of the show, and now I’m not sure I should watch it. I really don’t need to be hooked on anymore tv! BTW, how do any of these girls move without showing their undies? I guess short is ‘in’.

Holly’s last blog post..Springtime Palette

I too am hooked on Gossip Girl. I am amazed that they can air half of what they do considering the characters are underaged. I know, I’m conservative. I always drool over all the houses and it’s so interesting to see the in production picutre where it looks like a set instead of someone’s home.

Wow, each is fabulous in its own way. I don’t know which would be my fave–I love the exposed brick of the loft, the staircase of Nate’s apartment, and the views of the penthouse. *sigh*

bungalow_bliss’s last blog post..This Could Be Dangerous–

4. Pam Galloway says

What is it about a loft? Maybe it speaks to the part of us that wants to tame something wild and free and live with it. Maybe it’s the ultimate re-purposing experience. Whatever it is, the pictures of the GG loft make this Cottage/Bungalow girl fantasize about living in the city. Maybe. One day.

I heard they’re finally going to have a new episode of Gossip Girl tonight. It’s very interesting watching them try to his Kelly Rutherford’s pregnancy. I wish my maternity clothes looked that good.

Did you see who won the HGTV house? I better go check the website, since I have no cable and no idea who won.

Aubrey’s last blog post..Things That Make Me Happy

I’ve never watched this show but I do love the sets you’ve shown. File under “when I win the lottery”. The NY Palace Hotel they show is the old Helmsley Palace, I used to walk by it on the way from Grand Central to work every day back when I worked in Manhattan. Our PR department was full of gossip-girl types — they all wore the same outfit of black tights, black turtlenecks, and mini-kilts, and they traveled in a pack — but it was 1990 and we just called them “the PR girls”.

Robin’s last blog post..Well, that’s one way to get more shoes….

The staircase in the house (Chase? I’ve never seen the show) reminds me a bit of that one Meg Ryan movie, Kate and Leopold – also Something’s Gotta Give where Jack has the party in his mansion and realizes he’s OLD…Both movies came to mind as soon as I saw that landing!

Kristen @ More Than Mulberries’s last blog post..Checklist

8. Kellye says

I adore the architecture of the hotel. I’m a huge NYC architecture buff, tending to like anything limestone or built by McKim, Mead & White.

Having never watched the show, I had no idea that Margaret Colin was on it. I’ve loved her ever since she was Margo on ATWT. I will have to tune in to see what all the fuss is about.

Holly,

Answer to your Q: Maybe they just don’t wear undies?

😉

I probably won’t watch the show, but I had to comment on the under-privileged set. That reminds of of the Friends set. How much money would you have to make to afford to live in either place (were they real)? Mid six figures?

I could probably do something like that here in Covington for $100K, if I put it in a rough neighborhood but that would be doing a lot of it myself. In NYC, I can’t imagine what that place would go for.

RehabOrDie’s last blog post..OK. Fine! Closet doors are finished!

10. Khiori says

The Waldorf Kitchen is all wrong IMO. Love the white inset cabinets and marble…but the accessories??? NO kitchen like that has the microwave on the counter. (And a WHITE one to boot) Plus the toaster? The toaster would have a hiding place and be in it unless it’s being used. Or you’d have to shoot your KD.

And what’s with all the pans PLUS a teakettle on the range? Is that where she displays her copper collection? Doesn’t it get in the way? Or is she cooking a big dinner there and I just can’t see any food/flames/prep?

Lovely houses otherwise, but are there no real people in Hollywood to notice these things? Guess not. 😀

Oh it’s so good to be back in your online “home.” I so need a new job. But enough about me…

I’ve never watched this show, but I know that EXACT building in Brooklyn, and as for the “…single dad raising his son Dan and daughter Jenny in this Brooklyn loft”…unless he’s, say, found the cure for cancer or hit the Megaball Lottery, or perhaps both, I have this to say: NO WAY!! I mean, a cool 2.5 mil easily.

I’m just saying. 😉

laura @ the shore house’s last blog post..The Best Sugar Cookies

• Jenny says

The dad, rufus, used to be the lead singer/guitarist of a successful band so maybe that’s how he could afford it

12. Laura says

Hi!
    I’d love to see the Waldorf’s bathroom…!!! they gave a little peak of it on the last episode I think while Serena is talking with Dan about her Spanish affair… Any idea?

13. hookedonhouses says

Hi, Laura! I love the Waldorf’s bathroom. I tried so hard to get a picture of it, but none of them turned out very well. There were always actors blocking the view of the room so you couldn’t really see anything. Sorry! – Julia

i love this show and my day is not complete if i have not watched Gossip Girl. Blake Lively is certainly the most beautiful actress on Gossip Girl.

15. Jodi says

I would love to see the house from Practical Magic and the House from Charmed…. Do you think you will post these at any stage? Your site has been very helpful for ideas. thank you.

16. Nita says

I have never watched the show. What day and time? But, I didn’t know Margaret Colin was in it, and I adore her and her hubby, who plays Buzz on Guiding Light, which is ending this Friday after over 70 years. BOO HOO!!

17. hookedonhouses says

Monday nights on the CW channel. The season premiere was last night. -Julia

18. hookedonhouses says

Jodi–a post about “Practical Magic” is coming in October. I’ve had a few people ask for “Charmed,” but I don’t have any plans for it yet. I’ve never watched it, so I’ll have to check it out. -Julia

19. HopeB says

The romantic, Victorian houses in “Practical Magic” and “Charmed” are just gorgeous!
    They would be great subjects for posts–I especially liked how real-sized the Charmed house was, instead of seeming massive.

20. Nathan says

I’ve always wanted a loft. While I love some large houses, I think it’s ridiculous that one, two or three people need a 8,000+ sq ft apartment. So after that it is obvious my favourite home in the show is Rufus’ loft. I haven’t watched the show in a season or two, but second place would go to Lily’s apartment where Rufus, Dan and Jenny lived (briefly…still?!)

21. PrincessVolga says

I loooooove your website! I’ve been looking for shots of Blair’s apartment forever, and I could only find a few. So thanks a lot!

22. Rupert says

I must say even as a boy I love this tv show- The Fashion, The Gossip and New York City.

But they only thing missing from these photos in Serena Van Der Woodsens apartment!!!

• Matthew says

As a guy I too am pretty hooked on this show.
      Have to agree with you on the lack of Serena’s apartment, especially her room with the butterfly wall art!

• hookedonhouses says

I remember that episode, but I don’t know where that house is. Sorry! Does anyone else recognize it? -Julia