Christina Aguilera’s Nursery for Baby Max

by hookedonhouses on June 10, 2008

Aguilera+Max

Christina Aguilera has won five Grammy awards and sold over 37 million records worldwide, but she’s a mom now, too. The pop songstress and husband Jordan Bratman welcomed Max Liron into their family on January 12, 2008.

In their Mediterranean-style home in L.A., they decorated Max’s nursery with an eclectic mix of Paddington Bears, Nintendo characters, and an 11-foot moon that had been onstage during Aguilera’s Back to Basics tour. Christina says putting it in the room was Jordan’s idea.

Max sleeps in the round crib in the center of the room. Look how cute he is:

Daddy Jordan holds Max in the nursery on a pale green glider with blue trim:

What do you think? Is the moon way cool or way scary? Do you like the mural? The round crib? The mixture of themes (Paddington, Nintendo, and Man in the Moon)? Do you like the colors? I’m dying to know.

Remember that wacky Osbourne family and their reality show on MTV?

According to Janet Charlton’s Hollywood, Christina and Jordan will be moving into the Osbourne Family’s former home soon, so they’ll have another nursery to decorate:

It took almost a year, but Christina Aguilera has finally erased every trace of the Osbournes that was lurking in the house she bought from them. Christina purchased the Osbourne’s Beverly Hills house last summer for 11.5 million but hasn’t moved in yet. She wanted to remove every gothic trace, every gargoyle, and all the decor that she considered tasteless.

The Osbournes were miffed when Christina declined to buy any of their furniture, (they ended up auctioning it off) but she completely redid the place from top to bottom – and child proofed it at the same time. Now that she and her husband Jordan Bratman and their baby are ready to move in, she put her old house on the market.

Here are some photos of the Osbourne House from when they owned it (Getty Images and Splash):

Christina Aguilera’s nursery for her son Max was originally published by People magazine. Photo credits: Regine Mauhaux/Getty Images.

Go to Celebrity Houses for links to all of the others I’ve featured, from Britney Spears to Madonna.

Angela June 10, 2008 at 7:47 am

Not a fan of round cribs, but I think the room overall is whimsical–a nice departure from the norm.

I, too, would not want the Osbourne furniture that probably had doggie pee on it. Yuck.

Marie June 10, 2008 at 8:00 am

I’m with Angela (above). I don’t care for round cribs either. I am ambivilent about this nursery. lol It’s okay. Nothing spectacular.

Bonnie June 10, 2008 at 8:13 am

I like it! You can tell I had my babies a long time ago (the last born 24 years ago next week), because I have never seen a round crib. I love it. Love the brightly colored mural. Even love the moon. There is so much for the baby to feast his eyes upon. I don’t see the Paddington stuff, but I don’t care that it doesn’t fit the theme of the room. Babies and children don’t live in themed lives, so I think it is fine.

Julie June 10, 2008 at 8:15 am

I kind of like the nursery….very unique. As for the Osbournes house…..eeeew, I would never buy it….so much dog poop and pee everywhere. You’d have to gut that thing to take all of that ick out!

ellipsisknits June 10, 2008 at 10:09 am

Ok, I’m all for the giant, statement moons in the baby rooms. Cool idea, and if you have them laying around, whatever.

That moon, however, is creepy. Really creepy. I wouldn’t want it in my room as a grown-up, much less a little kid. It looks evil.

Amy June 10, 2008 at 11:02 am

Love the room, hate the moon. That is the creepiest thing I’ve ever seen in anybody’s room. The rest of the room is whimsical and fun.

I am really surprised that they bought the Osbourne’s house. It would be nice to see the after photo on that one.

maya June 10, 2008 at 11:59 am

not a fan of the mural. or the moon. the whole room looks kind of cold to me, but maybe it’s just not my style.

Lisa June 10, 2008 at 11:59 am

The room is cute, overall. I agree that the moon is hideous – very creepy. I like the mural colors, but not the overall design. Crib is cute, but I don’t like round cribs much, either. The bumper pad looks a little scary, too, like it could easily suffocate a child. What I do LOVE is the glider. I want it!! Love the style of it and the colors!!

Ann June 10, 2008 at 12:01 pm

I love round cribs, and he looks so cute in it, but I don’t think they look very practical. As a mom of 5, I think they would outgrow it too quick. Babies like lots of room to scoot around. I agree with Amy, that moon is really creepy.

Lynn June 10, 2008 at 12:26 pm

The Moon is horrible. I would never put a baby in a room with that ugly thing in there. It would probably scare the child to death when he was old enough to really look at it. Why don’t they stick it in there room. Yea, I know. It’s not the right decor. And it is for a Nursery????

I like some of the pieces that the “OZ’s” had, but I think the first thing I’d do is get a preacher to come in and do some serious praying over that house. Maybe an exorcist as well. That man creeps me out.

Have a great day!

Lynn
John 15

Jana June 10, 2008 at 2:38 pm

Why didn’t they airbrush the baby while they were at it? ;p

TraceyB June 10, 2008 at 3:23 pm

That moon could give an adult nightmare’s. Not a fan!

Mrs.Limestone June 10, 2008 at 3:40 pm

That moon is terrifying. Why would they put a huge angry moon right near their son’s crib? Can’t it be smiling at least?

But even if it were, I’d still hate this room. Such a shame as Im sure it cost a mint.

Tori June 10, 2008 at 3:46 pm

The moon looks like it came out of a screamo delusion music video.
The whole Nintendo them isn’t that bad I guess, but I don’t like
themed rooms very much. I want a room where you could change the style without changing the paint.

Danielle June 10, 2008 at 7:27 pm

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your comments on my blog. I am definitely getting into the swing of these drive bys…took a few more yesterday with a little bit more confidence.

Not really a fan of Christina’s nursery but can’t quiet pin point what it is…maybe because it is so big and seems cold? Not my style.

Love your site.

melissa lewis - off the wall June 10, 2008 at 8:50 pm

I like the round crib, but that big ole moon looks a bit scary for such an itty bitty baby:)

I love the decor of the old Osborne Home! I would take it as is… minus all the Goth stuff!!

Sally June 10, 2008 at 10:13 pm

I think the moon is spooky, the mural while cute will date as the little one grows. I love the size of the room, oh how I would love big room s like that.

Jessica June 11, 2008 at 9:41 am

Aww, Lynn, I love Ozzie!

About the room… the murals are ADORABLE. Love the Nintendo theme! And I like the drapes. I hate the moon. Besides being scary, it looks like something I’d trip over trying to get to the baby. And when the kid starts to crawl, he’s going to want to climb the thing and it’s not a toy.

Aubrey June 11, 2008 at 11:16 am

When I saw the nursery, I thought, “That kid is going to have issues.” Paddington Bear with Nintendo characters and that psycho moon? Too much conflict, I think.

Amy June 11, 2008 at 11:18 am

I like the colors in the room, but that moon is uber-creepy.

I would love to see pictures of the osbourne house after christina re-decorates!

Diana June 11, 2008 at 12:53 pm

The Moon is pretty scary. I think the room should be smaller too…like they just put in the crazy moon to add something to the large space. When I think of a nursery I think small and intimate…I guess they are planning for when he goes up…but still…come on, that moon?!

courtney @ nesting instincts June 11, 2008 at 5:19 pm

I am loving that nursery. I actually love the moon too – the room is so huge, why not? I just hope it’s anchored very well, because he’ll be climbing on it soon. (Although even before then it would be pretty awful to have a gigantic moon come crashing down on your newborn.) I think a nursery is a perfect opportunity to do something whimsical, fun, an sorta crazy. Kids dig it!

Mamacita June 11, 2008 at 7:46 pm

As soon as I saw that moon, I cringed! That thing is soooo scary. It’s Moonzilla!

Linda@restyledhome June 12, 2008 at 7:52 am

That moon is scareeeee!! Poor baby Max…as if having Christina and all her make-up wasn’t scary enough…!!!

Linda

Darla @ UltraBeautyBoutique June 14, 2008 at 11:42 am

That moon freaks me out. No thanks. Blech.

abbreviated June 14, 2008 at 10:34 pm

Love a round crib.

That moon is scary.

Why don’t people build a house instead of a complete redo ?

Amy Jo June 16, 2008 at 10:25 am

I like round cribs! Not very practical because babies grow so fast, but I like the design. The room is enormous and doesn’t seem very cozy. The moon freaks me out. If it didn’t have a face, it would be a cool accent piece to the room. But that is just flat out scary….

Ele June 20, 2008 at 2:14 pm

THe moon is way scary to me, but I love the Osbornes bathroom. Who would ever want to leave that bathroom. Bubble bath here I come!

Gerrald June 20, 2008 at 2:20 pm

Sue June 20, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Great room but the moon? oooo…not a fan of one that size. Unless it is for him to crawl up on and lside down? : ) Oh well…pretty much a hit of a space.
Ozzie…you know, I loved the house. i watched just to see the house. I loved all their trinkets and patterns and fabrics and that kitchen was a huge hit with me.

I wonderf what CA will do with it all?

Love each and every one of your posts. I am so enjoying catching up with everything!
Loved your *Messy* post. Your house looks fantastic even while a little messy. Besides, that is what a home needs to be right?

Love,
Sue

T. Devonshire November 15, 2008 at 6:49 pm

What a mistake changing the Decor of the house. Very unique and classy it was. I have lived near Mr & Mrs Osbourne for many years and they were extremely friendly, along with respectable children and staff. I would receive gifts for my children from the family quite often. I have yet to see any person from the house, I figured that it was some sort of celebrity with the buses going by. I guess now that I hear it is a pop singer, I know why. People, please know that Mr & Mrs Osbourne love their fans very much, but the tour buses were a bit much. Blessings.

Lisa in Australia January 9, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Don’t like it. Doesn’t look like a designer had a hand in working out what went in there. What the heck with that big moon! Scary. I loved the Osbourne house. It was friendly and welcoming, not a “show palace” where you were too scared to touch anything!

Chris March 10, 2009 at 6:53 pm

I loved the Osbourne house too. I loved the show once I started watching it I couldnt stop. If I had the money I would of bought the house with the furniture. Its obvious that when she wanted to get rid of everything that was the Osbourne’s was pretty clear that she still didnt like them despite what was said. Osbournes rule Christina sucks as a person. I want to see the before and after of each room and what they transformed them into.

Julie M. July 14, 2009 at 12:30 am

I loved the kitchen in the Osborne’s house!

: )

Julie M.
.-= Julie M.´s last blog ..Table Dressings… =-.

Shannon August 15, 2009 at 1:28 am

The moon is way to scary! Seriously, can you imagine waking up and seeing that thing? I think I would have nightmares.
.-= Shannon´s last blog ..Adirondack Chair: A sweet deal at a garage sale! =-.

Tami November 29, 2009 at 2:01 pm

I loved how Sharon decorated her home that was on mtv, even her talk show had a nice decor to it, loved it!
.-= Tami´s last blog ..3 Men do great things! =-.

Denise December 2, 2009 at 5:32 pm

I can’t say tacky loud enough. I agree with Shannon, the moon in the nursery is scary!!

{ 2 trackbacks }