Are You Hooked?
- If there’s a “For Sale” sign in my neighbor’s yard, I can tell you how much they’re asking for their house–and whether it’s worth it.
- I have a habit of checking the real estate listings online, even though I’m not planning to move.
- I think the best time to take a walk is at dusk–after people have started turning on their lights, but before they have closed their blinds!
- I’ve been known to visit Open Houses and model homes, just for fun.
- I will stop to take a photo of a beautiful house if I have a camera with me.
- When I visit someone’s home, I immediately start looking around to see what changes they’ve made since the last time I was there.
- I get upset when I see a beautiful old home that looks neglected and unloved, and I fantasize about “rescuing” it.
- I would go to a neighbor’s party just to get a look inside their house.
- I have considered becoming a real estate agent, or have been told I should be one.
- I’ve been known to check out the local house listings when I’m on vacation to see how much it would cost to live there.
- If I drive through a pretty neighborhood, I slow to a crawl so I don’t miss anything.
- I’m always redecorating my house. It’s never “finished.”
- There are certain movies I have watched repeatedly because of the houses featured in them.
If you can relate to these, then you’re hooked on houses like I am. You’ve come to the right place! Welcome to the club.