Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie’s $60 Million Rental on Long Island

What must it be like to be Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (or one of their 6 children), moving into a different mansion, French chateau, or German villa every few months? To wake up in the middle of the night and wonder, “Which house am I in again? And where’s the bathroom?” In a place as big as this, I’d be leaving a trail of breadcrumbs from the kitchen to my bedroom so I could find my way back in the morning for breakfast.

This is their current rental–a $60 million, 48-acre waterfront estate on the North Shore of Long Island known as “Sassafras.” (What a great name for a house, right?) They’ll be staying here while Angelina shoots a new movie nearby.

The Huffington Post reports that the 22,000 square-foot Tudor-style mansion has not one but two helipads (his and hers?), a private dock, 8 bedrooms, and a separate 6-bedroom guest house. Oh, and an 11-bedroom staff house, too, which is a must-have in my book.

Sounds like it’s good to be Brangelina (shown here in a People magazine spread with four of their children: Pax, Zahara, and twins Knox and Vivienne).

P.S. To see photos of the French Chateau they rented last summer, click here.

If You’re Hooked on Famous Houses:

Comments

Good morning Julia :)

Those two people are so bizarre I can’t get over it. The house is beautiful though :)

Oh and Down With Love was fun and the sets were pure eye candy, but you’re right…. Doris Day and Rock Hudson can never be replaced 😉

rue

I just can’t believe there are two separate residences with a total of 17 more bedrooms! Amazing. Thanks for sharing these!!

“Sassafras”…very fitting. Boy, I really need to give my house a name. Maybe, Ms. Sassy Pants…hmmm, perhaps too close to Sassafras :).

Pshaw! Two helipads. Please. You know they’re all hanging out in one room like everyone else. When are we all going to wise up and figure it out?! Every family only uses one room in their house. We’re like magnets, we need to be together.

Thanks for sharing, though. A girl can dream.

Looks just like my house!LOL
    It is a beautiful estate, but I can’t imagine living in
    such a huge place. I am more of a cottage person.
    xo
    Brooke

velvet and linen’s last blog post..our home

it looks so beautiful from the outside too, i’ll definitely be lost having lived most of my life in flats!

They’re so weird. What’s wrong with getting married and buying a house? And who the heck has a 22,000 sq ft RENTAL? Oh well, I guess they’re exposing their kids to different parts of the world while my children are only exposed to the different parts of dirty in our house and minivan. Think they have a minivan? Nevermind–they have two many kids–they need a bus.

Aubrey’s last blog post..Untacky Valentines

In a house like that you could leave a trail of breadcrumbs but I’m guessing one of the eleven staff members would clean them up faster than you could say “million dollar mortgage payment”.

Robin’s last blog post..The cheesy prom pose was his idea

Wow. That’s pretty impressive although I’ve never liked the English Tudor style. I prefer the French Chateau- they have a beautiful family though.

Amy’s last blog post..La-de-da

Wow. I can’t even imagine, that would definitely require help! I can hardly keep up with my 3br, 2bath… seriously? They’d get lost & not be able to find each other!

Kelly’s last blog post..Happy Monday!

Wonder what the electric bill is on that beauty! I sure would love to live there as long as I was in the big house and not the helpers house. Wonder how long it took to build that sweet dream?…..awwww but a dream!

Susie Harris’s last blog post..Blah to Beautiful~

This is a far cry from the rentals I recall (from college)! I’d love to see the inside–I bet those kids have a blast staying inside on rainy days!

bungalow_bliss’s last blog post..Be My Guest

13. Kathy :) says

I think they’re nut jobs myself !!! In a way those kids are still orphans, no real roots or maybe its me !!!

Thank God I don’t need bread crumbs to find my bathrooms !!! At my age there could be an accident :(

Kathy :)

14. hookedonhouses says

Aubrey – I’m at julia “at” hookedonhouses “dot” net. Had to take it off the blog because I was getting spammed to death. Thanks for the link–I’ll check it out! -J :)

15. Barb says

Maybe they’re not giving enough money away to charities. They obivously have money to burn. Or, how about paying actors less and bringing down the cost of going to a movie! Why on earth should actors make so much money that they need a home like this to rent while teachers, police officers and firemen have to scrape to get by on their salaries?

16. ida says

all i can say is no thanks. those homes……whatever they are. are way too big for my defination of the word home. but, then i have called a tent a home too. (saudia/iraq 90/91)

take it easy

17. Buppy says

I live in the area…… I saw Brad in stop & shop this week! Came on this site to see if he was telling me truthfully that they were living here and that my kids are going to be going to school with their kids. Guess he was telling the truth! Very odd to see him shopping for fish in stop and shop!

18. katherine morrison says

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND KEEP YOUR FAMILY SAFE.

19. Christina says

The stories I read about Brad and Angelina are making my head spin. They are all over the place. Take it from someone who loves to travel, they do it much too much with all those kids in tow.. I don’t believe for one minute that the children all love it. I was a kid that had a father in the Military and when we had to move over and over, including to Europe, it was gut wrenching because it was hard to leave my new friends, my schools, you name it. Kids need grounding.. they don’t seem to own a place anywhere. First it’s France, then off to another european country .. on and on. I find it ridiculous. They state they own a house in New Orleans and possibly in CA.. not sure. I lost track… I just think, make up your mind and find a place and the renting homes for that amount of cash is nuts.. It’s a complete waste, even though between the both of them they probably make around $100 million per year. The kids truly would have to wonder where the heck they were on a daily basis because if you read anything about them, it’s they’re off to France, Italy, New Orleans, here, there, everywhere.. It is exhausting reading about them. I know kids get fussy and don’t like traveling all the time.. I don’t care how luxurious the trips may be, first class everything. They truly must have a great publicist because it’s always on the cover.. One big happy family… Are you kidding? Who are they trying to fool?

20. jamal rehbani says

look how there house an look at da people theyre like ants to dat house