TV/Movie Houses

9. The Notebook
10. The Holiday

All TV & Movie Houses in Alphabetical Order:

Get Your “House Fix” with My Weekly Newsletter:

{ 2521 comments… read them below or add one }

cecile delouvrier April 25, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Hi everyone! Having a little spring cleaning, I found back a dvd of a one season tv series called point pleasant; it’s about the devil’s daughter unleashed in a little seaside town… There’s an amazing beach house (the kramer’s house – the main family) and you really should take a look at it. Hope you’ll find it! Have a nice day (it’s evening for me). Bye bye.

julia April 25, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I am always looking at furniture in TV shoes – can you tell me where I could purchase furniture from The Vampire Diaries, especially from the Salvatore Residence?

Leanne April 25, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I have been searching everywhere for photos of the house or rather mansion from the movie Hop. Yes, the movie is a bit silly but the home they stayed in during the movie is BEAUTIFUL. Please post photos of this home.
Thank you!!!

Vyom June 2, 2012 at 8:00 am

Hi,

Same here, I saw the movie on HBO yesterday. The house is really good and they had some nice exterior and interior shots.
Pls let me know if you find the pictures somewhere

Delia April 26, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I would love to see Carla Gugino’s character’s Amanda’s kitchen from Mr. Popper’s Penguins. I believe she has some kind of library wall towering over her dining room/kitchen area. I really must get a better look! Let me know if you ever add it! Thanks for all that you do!!!!!!!!!!

hookedonhouses May 6, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Just watched that movie with my daughter last night, so now I know what you mean. Loved her kitchen!

Kelly April 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Please, please, please do the house from thirtysomething ! I fell in love with that house. It was the best part of the show. I just found your site and love it! Thanks.

BB April 28, 2012 at 10:08 am

The house from a Zombie movie called FIDO! Beautiful bungalow style home with 1960s modern/vintage interior design.

Talitha April 28, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I don’t know if anyone has posted this before but I love the colors used in the Burke’s house on white collar and I have been looking everywhere trying to find out what they are. If you know how I can find out what they are please let me know! This is a really neat site.

Ann April 29, 2012 at 7:36 am

Hi,

Any idea where I can find picture of the house in Another Earth? The house of the composer is so beautiful.

Thanks

hookedonhouses April 29, 2012 at 7:57 am

I’m not familiar with that one. Sorry!

Geoffrey Breedon May 6, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Interestingly, I also shot a film there back in 2003. Seems the house is now for sale. I was surprised, when I watched Another Earth, that the house still had so little work done on it since I had been there.

You can find photos and video here:

There are also photos on of the house at the website for my film:

Geoffrey

hookedonhouses May 6, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Interesting! Thanks for the links, Geoffrey!

Wanessa May 3, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Hiiii! I would like to see the house of the movie Knocked Up!!!!!!! The sister’s house!
Pleaaase

Greetings from Brasil

Wanessa.

Cody May 5, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Love the blog! I just watched the movie The Kids are Alright. The house that Annette Bening and Julianne Moore live in is perfect! It’s just the right size and the set is gorgeous. If you have a chance, please feature it! I can’t find much about it online anywhere.

Mary May 6, 2012 at 10:41 am

Love your site with a passion! Do you think you could do some of the interiors from Mona Lisa Smile? There are so namy great rooms…the boarding house, the girls’ dorm rooms, the administration rooms…they are all so great and I would love to see them on here!

sarah May 6, 2012 at 11:37 am

What about the beach house from Beaches – one of my favorites!

Stephanie May 12, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I would love to see the house from “The Boys are Back”. Love the simple country charm of it, even though it is a mess through most of the movie.

Joanna May 12, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I have been searching everywhere for photos of the house from the movie Mamma Mia. Please post photos of this home.
Thank you so much!!!

mamabird May 13, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Have you seen the interior of Mary Margaret Blanchard’s apartment on Once Upon a Time? Very lovely cottage/shabby chic style.

Cody May 14, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I just noticed there’s not a post for the homes of Desperate Housewives. That should be a crime! hehe I would love if you showcased their homes, especially Bree’s. It’s 8 years in the making :)

hookedonhouses May 21, 2012 at 9:33 am

I started a post about it back in 2009 but have never finished it. TV shows with multiple sets like that take me forever to write. Now that the show is off the air, can’t promise I’ll ever get around to it, but you never know! :-)

Ally May 16, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Is the Charles house from Pushing Daisies a real house? If so, I’d love to see the floor plan.

Robert May 20, 2012 at 11:04 am

I would love to see the house they used from the movie The Good Son!

Traci Cline May 20, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Hi! I LOVE your website. When the kids go to bed, it’s my “me” time. Would you know where I could find pictures of the house on the movie Fun with Dick and Jane?

Anna May 21, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I really love this site, you really love houses. However, I’m surprised that you don’t have the house from Charmed listed above. I know it’s everywhere but there doesn’t seem to be a site with any inside pictures. Also, it would be great to see the house or houses from The Lying Game. I love the house that Emma/Sutton live in with the parents.

hookedonhouses May 21, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Well, I never watched “Charmed,” so I haven’t featured it. However, some readers have sent me photos and information about it over the years and I keep meaning to put a post together about it. I feel like I’ll need to watch a season or two first, though, and just haven’t had the time. Someday! :)

Kathy May 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I’d love to see you do a blog on the “Bones” house. Thanks!

Matt January 21, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Would love to see that too!

Aubree May 27, 2012 at 2:07 am

Hi Julia! I’m thrilled to have discovered “Hooked on Houses”. I was also relieved to find out I wasn’t the only one with this “condition” :)) I would love to see Sookie’s farmhouse from True Blood, especially after its makeover and new paint! Thanks!
Aubree

C- May 29, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Do you have any pics or information on the “Uncle Buck” house, or the gorgeous house from the TV show “Charmed”?

mari June 2, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Hey!! did you see “the lucky one”? the house is gorgeous! i’d love a post on that!

Rachael January 21, 2013 at 3:50 pm

I was wondering if u ever got pictures of this house? I love it!!! It looks like the one i have designed on paper. I just saw the movie and told my husband that is our house!!!

Roy Lenard June 4, 2012 at 7:54 am

What was the name of the show where they had a great labrador dog in the house?

Lily June 5, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I was wondering if you could do a post on the Penny Hartz’ home in the comedy “Happy Endings”?

It’s featured in the season 2, Episode 1 – “Blax, Snake, Home”
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1983458/plotsummary. The show is filmed in LA but it’s supposed to take place in Chicago which I think they do pretty well.

Penny’s home is lovely and I would love to see something on it here. I love your blog!

hookedonhouses June 5, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Love that show! Thanks for the suggestion, Lily.

britney June 7, 2012 at 2:35 am

What about the house in Knocked Up??? I loved loved that house!!!!

Stacey June 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Have you ever seen the movie Killers with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl? The house is super crazy awesome! Check it out! I’d love to see some info!

Teuila June 23, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I’m in love with that house as well!

deadjournalist January 20, 2013 at 9:23 am

regarding the house in killers – it is in my neighborhood. the neighborhood is about 15 miles west/sw of atlanta. as with many of the neighborhoods here, it was only partially completed do to the housing collapse. when built, the home in question was a million-dollar house – but several of the houses around it were foreclosed and sold for less than $300k. the killers house was empty when the movie shot and was repainted for the movie. special permission had to be given as it didn’t fit the color scheme of the neighborhood. i’m not sure if it is on the market – i know it was for quite a while after production. and yes, it is a lovely home in person. (fwiw, my house also had a cameo in the movie.)

hookedonhouses January 20, 2013 at 9:25 am

Interesting! Thanks!

Laura June 12, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I have looked everywhere for pictures of the house from Diary of a Wimpy Kid! I love the decor and would love to copy for my home. Help!! :)

elizabeth tilford June 14, 2012 at 9:28 am

I sent you an email months ago about getting the pictures for Sloan’s house in the HBo series Entourage. I kno that you are very busy and have massive emails, I am not sure if you even had a chance to read the last one, but was hoping that you would stumble across this email and be able to get some pictures.

Elizabeth

hookedonhouses June 14, 2012 at 9:35 am

Hi, Elizabeth! I’m afraid I don’t know anything about Sloan’s house and haven’t seen any photos. I remember seeing it on the show, though. If you know the episodes it’s shown on, you can take stills of it while watching the DVD on your computer. Something to try if you get desperate! :-)

Michelle June 14, 2012 at 5:04 pm

hello!

I just found your site today and I absolutely love it! It is now my new favorite blog :) I especially love this section of tv/movie houses. I was wondering if you ever did anything on the houses from the TV show The O.C which ran from 2003-2007. I especially adored the Cohen residence.

Cate June 18, 2012 at 10:07 pm

You should really do a post on the houses in One Tree Hill, Desperate Housewives, The Clique, The Vampire Diaries, 90210, Melissa & Joey, Lucille Ball….
Great Shows!!(:
just an idea… id love to see One Tree Hill!!

Brenda June 18, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Julia,
I just watched a movie tonight from 1991 with Julia Roberts called “Dying Young”. The “rental” in Mendocino was a really cool, old house. Perhaps it was only a set but I was wondering if you might be able to find any information about it.
Thanks!

kim June 20, 2012 at 6:32 am

Just strolled thru the “Pollyanna” mansion – one of my favorites………but all-time favorite Disney houses was “the big yellow house in Beulah Maine” featured in “Summer Magic”

Nat June 21, 2012 at 12:49 am

I’d love to see the houses out of Once Upon A Time as well please!
Great website, thank you.

Victoria June 26, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I was wondering if you could do some of the houses from the Vampire Diaries I really liked Elena’s house

Vicky July 2, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Hi. I love your website.

I just wanted to suggest another great apartment:

Bridget Fonda’s Apt in Single White Female.

Love your site!!!

Beth July 4, 2012 at 8:20 am

Could you please find pics of the Nero Wolfe house that was on a&e.

Mariel July 6, 2012 at 10:29 am

Hi Julia! I really love your website and its made me really obsessed with house interiors! I spent all night up until 5am looking around. I found out about it yesterday when I was looking for movie houses, and I couldn’t believe it. Your site has most of the houses from movies that I picture in my head when I read books! I also just wanted to say that you are missing one house on this list, and that is the wonderful mansion from the film Jumanji (1995). Please please take a look at the film, the house is amazing. (I’ve added some screenshots of the house in case you haven’s seen it) I hope you will add the house to this page!

Mariel

hookedonhouses July 6, 2012 at 11:23 am

Thanks, Mariel!

Julie July 8, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Have yo looked into the house from “The big Chill”? Loved that house. Thanks for all the postings of “Father of the Bride”, my favorite all time house.

Mimi July 13, 2012 at 1:40 am

I was thrilled to stumble across your site while hunting for Howards End. Thank you so much for sharing what is obviously a labor of love. Please consider posting the fabulous New England inn in “Holiday Inn.” So similar to “White Christmas,” I know, but I believe equally as wonderful. Sometimes I watch it just to get another glimpse of the magnificent wooden salad bowl in the kitchen scene. I often wonder who is in possession of that beautiful bowl. Thank you so much for all of your efforts.

hookedonhouses July 13, 2012 at 7:53 am

Holiday Inn is another favorite of mine. I watch it every December! Thanks, Mimi. :-)

Cassie July 13, 2012 at 10:18 am

I would love to see the house or houses :) from the movie “Pride and Prejudice” Especially the public dance scene where Elizabeth first meets Mr. Darcy. The floor is gorgeous!

Michelle July 15, 2012 at 1:52 am

The houses from the Cheaper by the Dozen movie would be great to see. The first Midland house is charming and the second house in the city in gorgeous, even though it takes a beating in the movie!

Wanda July 15, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I absolutely loved the houses–and the town–in the movie “Roxanne”starring Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah. I am fascinated by the house rented by the character played by Daryl Hannah, but equally drawn to the house owned by the character played by Steve Martin. The restaurant/bar in the movie was cool and the town of Nelson in Canada was lovely set in the mountains. I’d like to see any information available on these houses and the town as the setting for this wonderful movie.

Wanda July 15, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Would love to see any info on the houses, the town or the bar/restaurant in “Roxanne.” Love your website!

Lucia July 19, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Hi! I really enjoy your site. I would really love to see the house from the movie “Just Visiting” with Christina Applegate. The house is so beautiful. :)

anne July 22, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Someone To Watch Over Me. The apt. in Manhattan was spectacular.

Yvonne July 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Have you ever done a review of the cute houses on Dawson’s Creek? Their setting is Cape Cod, MA but were actually shot in North Carolina, most of it onsite. There is a lot of info at this link:

I’d be interested in learning about the houses more…

hookedonhouses July 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I never got into that show so I don’t know much about it. Interesting! Thanks, Yvonne.

Kate July 28, 2012 at 6:40 am

Hi, I really enjoy your site. Have you ever seen Deb’s house from”Knocked Up” or the house in “FunnyPeople”? They both stand out. Thanks for the fun, Kate

Diane Ferguson July 31, 2012 at 8:41 am

Love your site. Have you ever thought of doing the houses from Tree of Life? The movie was different but the houses were great!

hookedonhouses July 31, 2012 at 8:46 am

Haven’t seen that one. Thanks, Diane!

Diane Ferguson August 3, 2012 at 9:16 am

You’re welcome :-)

Carrie August 3, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I would love it if you did a post on Southfork, especially since Dallas is now back on TV.

Tina August 3, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Love Michael Douglas’s New York apt in the movie “Don’t Say a Word”. Especially the kitchen with the blue refrigerator. Would love it if you posted some pics of that one. Another Michael Douglas great NY apt is in “A Perfect Murder”. Also a great estate pictured in that one.

Savanna August 4, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I love the house from Lizzie McGuire! Could you find its floorplan?

Vivian August 4, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Love this blog but the ONLY house missing is the absolute fan favorite, The Halliwell Manor, the house from Charmed, I need to know everything about it and when I can visit :)

belledame October 17, 2012 at 12:31 am

the pilot was filmed on location and then a replica was built on a soundstage. look for charmed screencaps and screencaps for any of the actresses.

Kathy Lenahan August 5, 2012 at 11:09 am

I would really love to hear about that wonderfully house in “How to make an American Quilt”!!!!

jackie August 5, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Hiiiiii Julia!!
How’s it going? Been to any houses lately? I’ve emailed you before to share with you my own obsession/addiction with houses. You are my very own crack dealer bless your sweet providing, enabling heart! ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa. How I existed before you boggles my own mind. To see the interiors of houses I’ve drooled over, lusted after pictures of the interiors, was once just a dream. Then came you. OK enough with the obesequious fawning and let’s get down to why I’m here today. The Godfather. I’m watching it right now on AMC and I got to thinking about you Julia! I says to myself: “Sadie (cuz that’s what I call myself)…..Sadie…..I wonder if Julia has pics of The Godfather house. Let’s go take a look. Nope. So here’s a request Julia……pictures of the Godfather house. And while I’m asking…….howz about The Cosby Show. I’ve always loved that house and mainly because of the back stairs. Man oh man do I love me some back stairs that lead to the kitchen. So Julia. Should you get the inclination ORRRRR the opportunity to get some pics of these houses…..post them and post them quick!!! I’ll be back to check periodically. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. Julia….for all you do for me and my other obess’ees. I just made that word up by the way. I know. Right? So you go girl! Love love love what you do!!!!

Hilliary August 6, 2012 at 6:27 pm

You should do one for the money set design. I would LOVE to see that!

Troy Theis August 7, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I love your site! Keep up the great work! I would love to see stills from “Away We Go”. In particular, Maggie Gyllenhaal’s home.

Kelly August 8, 2012 at 10:26 pm

One house I was surprised you didn’t have up was the house from The Good Son (1993) with Macaulay Culkin and Elijah Wood. That was a beautiful house!

christy August 10, 2012 at 11:50 am

The Amazing Spider-man would be awesome. :)
Aunt May’s kitchen, the Stacy’s house, Peter & Gwen’s bedrooms.

Ally August 11, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I saw the “Bourne Legacy” this weekend and was stunned by the house that one of the characters lived in and was restoring. I tracked the house down as the Dr. Oliver Bronson House in Hudson, NY. I’d see the movie again and again just to see that house!

A August 12, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Hey! Would it be possible for you to try to get photos and/or information on the house Clare and Henry buy in The Time Traveler’s Wife? Love your website!

Lili August 13, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Hi Julia!
I love your site! I would love to see stills from the serie “Once upon a time” as well as “Friends”! It will be great! I hope you keep this site as long as possible!

Shavonda August 17, 2012 at 2:11 am

Hi there! I would like to see Jennifer Lopez’s pad from The Wedding Planner, and Katherine Heigl’s house from The Ugly Truth. I love your blog so much. Getting ready to check out the house from Under The Tuscan Sun.

LadyPolitik August 17, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Totally love this website especially the section on the TV/Movie Houses. May I suggest a few houses for you to investigate? I would suggest the house(s) in Away We Go. The one *spoiler alert* John Krasinksi and Maya Rudolph select at the end, in Florida, is really lovely!

Plus, the houses in Becoming Jane, Pride and Prejudice, Beetlejuice, 10 Things I Hate About You, and The Royal Tenenbaums.

Jennifer August 19, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I too am obsessed with movie houses. Could you get the house from Unfaithful as well as the apartment of Diane Lane’s lover ? That would be awesome.

Stephanie check August 21, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Love the original Parent Trap home and The Pollyana house ! One more Disney classic i would love to see added to the list is the country home from Summer Magic with Hayley Mills !

Hazel August 22, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Love this site, I love watching the houses in movies, they are so unlike anything that we have in our area. Does anybody know anything about the houses used in the movie “Deck the Halls” with Danny Di Vito? I thought both of those houses were wonderful. Regards

Holly August 24, 2012 at 11:13 pm

The house from the “Killers” movie with Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher would be one to do.

Lee August 26, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Sitting here watching the Debra Messing, Dermot Mulroney movie “The Wedding Date” and had to check you website for information on the townhouse in England that the character Kat Ellis returns to for her sister’s wedding. Can you gather some information about it?

MIMI August 27, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Incredible! I turned on the tv recently while this movie was on, not knowing what movie it was. Simply fell in love with what appears to be the bride’s family’s country home and the fabulous paneling in what looks like home’s library. I wasn’t able to finish watching the movie so never knew which movie it was until reading your post. Thank you, Lee! And, yes! Please let us see more of “The Wedding Date’s” wonderful houses.

Weezie August 27, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I have been reading your blog for about six months and absolutely love it. Whenever I’m stressed at work I just jump onto your site for five or ten minutes and I feel completely grounded and happy. Thank you for that!! In the meantime, my husband and I used to watch the show NUMB3RS. They had a great Craftsman bungalow in LA. Not the quaint kind, the ginormous kind with practically three stories. The father, Judd Hirsch, owned it and then Charlie, the math professor, buys it, but the dad still lives there too. Anyway, they’ve got great sets and a garage where Charlie, the brilliant mathematician and his FBI brother, solve crimes.

Candice August 27, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Looking at the pictures of the Cheaper by the Dozen remake reminded me of a great old farmhouse from the movie Arachnaphobia. Loved that house, minus the spiders, of course. Would love to see pics of it on your blog, which I enjoy enormously!

Susanne Joshua August 30, 2012 at 8:54 am

My favorite movie apartment is still Ingrid Bergman’s London apartment in “Indiscreet”. Second favorite in NYC, “Sunday in New York” – Jane Fonda ~ 1962.

Love your site, Julia!
SJoshua

Lisa September 1, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Julia,
Have you run across any photos of Mimi Rogers’ Manhattan townhouse in the movie Someone to Watch Over Me, or Meg Tilly’s house in the movie Masquerade? I have found a few pictures of the Manhattan townhouse, but nothing of the house in Masquerade. They are both beautiful houses, in my opinion.

Danielle Renee September 5, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Great site! I really love your “tv/movie” section. Have you seen the movie “Head Above Water” with Cameron Diaz? It’s from 1996. The seaside home/cottage featured in the movie is SO beautiful. Reminds me of “Something’s Gotta Give”. I’d love to see that on your site. Anyway, thanks!! :)

Maggie September 5, 2012 at 10:36 pm

This is one of my favorite blogs as I used to dream about living in some of the houses in movies growing up. My sister lives in Friday Harbor and watched them build all the sets for Practical Magic – My favorite vacation house is still the lake house in “On Golden Pond”, that is the one I want!

Shelly September 8, 2012 at 12:23 pm

You mentioned Haley Mills still getting comments from people who appreciated The Parent Trap as kids. Do you have any contact information to send a note like this to Haley Mills? My sister and I loved (and still love!) this movie and I have always dreamed of writing to Haley Mills, but never could find out how.
Thank you!

Cyndy September 10, 2012 at 7:34 am

I searched your site to find photos of the houses used on the summer series Royal Pains. There are some amazing houses that are featured. The house where Jeremiah lives is especially beautiful. Will you be posting any photos from this show?

Chia Sitawi September 10, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I would love to know something about the manor in the new trailer for Cloud Atlas. It is so beautiful and grand but not as sprawling as the great English homes. It looks livable.

MIMI September 10, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Thank you so much for your reference to the soon-to-be-released film (Oct 26) “Cloud Atlas”. I just love those fabulous English country houses so I immediately went to the movie’s website. This promises to be a fabulous film, if my instincts are correct. It’s premise seems to follow that of the newly up-and-coming, international website, ROW6.com. And, yes, the house promises to be equally spectacular. I cannot wait to see the movie and the interiors of that incredible. house. Thanks again!

Kristina September 11, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Please, please, please do a post about the house in Spiderwick! Perfect for a near Halloween post!

Cheralee Stover September 12, 2012 at 12:03 am

You MUST watch the Bourne Legacy movie. Her 3 story rural 19th century house is completely breathtaking. I realize it’s just sets, but they did a fantastic job. And a shot of the 3 story elliptical stairwell rivals the one in the Panic Room!!!!

kimberli September 13, 2012 at 10:34 am

Do you have any pictures of the grandma’s house in the movie, This means War?

Anne MacKay September 16, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Hello Julia. I sooooooo appreciate your lovely website. I am a consultant working out of my home and you get my day started beautifully.

The set of the new TV show The New Normal is so appealing. It looks like an Arts & Crafts house with furniture of the same era but with a lighter hand that some of the traditionally renovated houses. And the light over the dining table is making me crazy – I think that it was in one of Dianne Keaton’s houses (it almost looks like an upside down shade with dark stitching, as I recall). And they just showed a glimpse of the couple’s guest house – oh, invite me over!

Julia, any peeks you could make possible would be wonderful. Please know how much you are appreciated!

Celia Boyce September 17, 2012 at 10:33 am

How’s about the great townhouse in the Sally Field movie Kiss Me Goodbye? I’ve always lusted after it.

Jane George September 17, 2012 at 11:00 am

Hi!

I’d love to see a post on the house (I think it’s probably in Britain) used in the film, Penelope, starring James MacAvoy and Christina Ricci. Amanda McArthur was the production designer.

Ryst September 18, 2012 at 2:03 pm

The house from the Movie Hop is in Westlake Village, CA.

sue betts September 22, 2012 at 10:10 am

I am watching P.S. I LOVE YOU. I just adore their apartment!!!!

Ebb Olwell September 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm

any info or pics of the mansion used on the movie Jumanji?

hookedonhouses September 23, 2012 at 7:24 am

Sorry, if it’s not on that list, then I haven’t researched it yet.

Kate September 23, 2012 at 10:01 am

Hello Julia! I hope you see this comment…you have so many!

I was hoping you could spotlight the 7th Heaven house. It’s very confusing to me, and what completely baffles me is the placement of the dishwasher!! It’s in a bank of cabinets SEVERAL FEET from the bank of cabinets that houses the sink!! Seriously, the sink and dishwasher are NO WHERE NEAR EACH OTHER! The trail of water that this fictional family must have had to constantly mop up would have been ridiculous! It’s a soundstage, is it not? The producers CREATED this kitchen? Why on earth wouldn’t they put the fake dishwasher next to the fake sink???

Anyway, I’d love to see it and thought the dishwasher issue might intrigue you! Then there are front and back staircases and a mysterious hallway leading to the attic that wasn’t always there, and joining bedrooms and the like. The closet/bathroom in the master is located in a cool area, too. Thanks!

Cristina Harrison September 23, 2012 at 6:45 pm

what about “The House on 92nd Street” its no longer standing if you use Google Earth and go to 40.47.09.20N and 73.57.17.28W and look at the empty lot thats where it used to stand.

SebastianFortLaud September 24, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Dear HoH, I don’t know if you know anything about houses used in foreign or classic films but, do you know anything about the home the Sénéchal family in 1972′s “The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie,” it’s just about the most FRENCH country house you can imagine & so 70s – in a good way – you want to scream!

Yours,
Lover-of-European-&-Classic-Interiors-Somehow-Loving-Life-in-South-Floridian-Condos

Katie September 30, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Hi!
I’m wondering about Shirley Maclaine’s house from “Guarding Tess.”
Do you know the history of it or where it’s located?

-Katie

hookedonhouses October 1, 2012 at 7:00 am

Sorry, I don’t know anything about that one. Did you check IMDb.com? They list the locations for each movie and it might give some clues.

Marcia Blosser October 2, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I love your site and visiting all these wonderful homes. Have you thught about the Frank Lloyd Wright home featured in A SUMMER PLACE with Sandra Dee, Troy Donahue, Dorothy Malone, and Richard ________?

hookedonhouses October 2, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I remember seeing that one on TV when I was a kid but my memory of it is fuzzy. I’ll have to watch it again sometime!

Kathy October 6, 2012 at 2:48 am

I enjoyed visiting your site. I hope you can feature Steve Martin’s house in the movie “Bringing Down the House” too. :)

Thanks!

Barb October 9, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Love, love, love your blog. Here are a few I would love you to post.
Gentlemans Agreement with Gregory Peck. Her cottage is adorable.
Holiday Inn. So pretty with the snow in the dark windows.
When Ladies Meet. The Joan Crawford version.
The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer.
Laura with Gene Tierney
Leave Her to Heaven with Gene Tierney. She is evil, but the house is very Brunschwig.

jessica port October 9, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Have you seen the movie This means war with reese witherspoon? Her apartment is great, open lay-out, stainless steel kitchen with open shelves, and she has four kitchenaid artisan. Love it.

hookedonhouses October 10, 2012 at 6:31 am

Yes! That’s a good one.

Mack October 14, 2012 at 1:46 am

Hello, I would love to see the Jumanji House, It was a large Georgian Mansion, also The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air house too please.

Danielle October 14, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Hey! I just watched Project X last night and the house is GORGEOUS! Before it gets completely ruined by a high school party gone out of control. The movie itself has some wild and crazy party scenes, but the house is seen in the beginning, so you don’t actually have to watch the rest of the movie to see the house. Plus, the stuff the kids did to the house (hanging on chandeliers, breaking windows, etc.) made my stomach turn….

renee October 17, 2012 at 12:53 am

Love your site! How about the houses from The Descendants, The Jones, One Hour Photo, and AI, these stick out in my mind. Thanks

Michelle October 18, 2012 at 10:37 am

I would love to find photos of the house in the movie ‘Yes, My Darling Daughter’ with Priscilla Lane. TCM Turner Classic Movies has aired the film very infrequently and it can’t be purchased on DVD and TCM owns the rights.

Bradd October 19, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I just discovered this site. So cool!

I was always interested in seeing more of the house from “Six Feet Under”.

Judi Enins October 20, 2012 at 7:31 am

Back in October of 2010 I left a comment asking if you could please feature a 1960′s movie on your website called, ” Sex and the Single Girl” with Tony Curtis and Natalie Wood. Natalie Wood’s apartment in the movie was all done in “black and white”. Also all of Natalie’s costumes were in black and white (until the very end when she wears a gown of yellow). The movie wasn’t really shown on TV that often, but I’ve notice that lately its been on AMC several times, so check it out. I think you’ll like it. Also, with the TV Show, “Mad Men” on now and the 1960s being “in” once again, I think your readers would enjoy seeing it too as the 60s are “in” once again. Thank you for your wonderful site.

Anne October 20, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Hi Julia,

Another house recommendation is from the tv show Castle – the episode entitled “Murder, He Wrote”. Castle takes Beckett to his beautiful Hampton home for the first time.

Thanks for starting this great website.

Kind regards, Anne

hookedonhouses October 21, 2012 at 7:59 am

I just saw that episode and loved his Hamptons house! Thanks, Anne.

Mandy October 20, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Have you looked into the townhouse from the movie “Kiss Me Goodbye” with Sally Field? Really beautiful! Love your blog, I recently found it and now am looking at it all the time!

hookedonhouses October 21, 2012 at 7:59 am

I don’t know that movie, but I love Sally Field. Thanks, Mandy!

Celia Boyce October 21, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I asked about this same house back in September. It’s a bit unique in that it is a major character in the movie, representing Sally Field’s character’s glamorized first marriage (to Jimmy Caan!) being renovated for her more down to earth marriage with Jeff Bridges. The movie is funny and touching and the house is to die for!

Mandy October 27, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I know! Right?!

Victoria October 21, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I love the movie “Little Children” with Kate Winslet. I bought it a few months ago and I am in love with the house her character lives in, the whole town she lives in has a wonderful “feel” to it…I’m wondering if you could find anything out about it. I know some of these houses turn out not to be real so I’m curious if this house is! I’ve googled it but haven’t been able to find anything out other than it was filmed in Boston and Ca.

Just a fun fact, the movie “Disturbia” was filmed by my mom’s house and it is a real house in Whittier, Ca:) They also filmed “Hocus Pocus” in Whittier by us.

Julia October 23, 2012 at 6:01 am

Hi dear
You have some amaizing list of movies here and the houses.
my favourite are:
Bahamas beach house from After the Sunset with P.Brosnan and S.Hayek;
one lovely decorated house from a great comedy K-9 with James Belushi;
thanks a lot

Savanna McCartney October 23, 2012 at 2:36 pm

You should do the house on Orange County :)

Savanna McCartney October 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm

You should do the houses from Orange County, Idle Hands, 13 Going On 30, Edward Scissorhands, Stuck In The Suburbs, Bad Santa, The House Bunny, Smart House, Fun With Dick & Jane, Princess Protection Program, Toy Story, Toy Story 3 Bonnies house, Thirteen, Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins, Deck The Halls, Youth In Revolt, American Pie, Welcome To The Dollhouse

Kate October 23, 2012 at 9:06 pm

What about the houses on The OC? Those were some gorgeous California estates!

taylor thomas October 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Love this website!!! I love the interiors from the Woody Allen’s film, “Everyone says i love you.” Do you think you can get some pictures?

Kristen October 27, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Would love to see Leslie Mann’s home on Knocked Up, and also her home on The Change Up!

Thanks for your great posts!!

Christin October 29, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I love your website! I was watching “Our Idiot Brother” movie starring Paul Rudd last night. There is a house in that movie with the most amazing glass at the front door. The glass to the left and right of the door have these glass tiles/panels that look like the bottom of large clear coke bottles. I absolutely love it. Also, I watched “Ghost Town” recently, and I loved how Tea Leoni’s apartment is styled.

Garrison October 30, 2012 at 4:49 am

Hi, Julia. I was hoping you might consider featuring the stunning Newport, RI home used in the flashback scenes in the movie Evening. It’s called “The Ledges” and it’s an incredible white Victorian summer house on a private peninsula off Ocean Avenue. Slim Aarons took a famous photo of it in the 1960s.

amanda October 31, 2012 at 4:18 pm

@Christin, I love the homes in Our Idiot Brother and actually really like that movie.

Julia, Did you see Alex and (forget the guy’s name) new apartment in the most recent Happy Endings? It’s a cute little historic Chicago apartment. I’m excited to see how it gets decorated. That show has the best fake apartments!

Also, I’m in love with the mid century modern house Sabrina inherited this season on Raising Hope. Oh man, I was decorating that place in my mind as soon as I saw it! It needs some updating, but has excellent mcm bones.

A couple others I don’t think I’ve mentioned: the apartment in Single White Female and the house in The Changeling (the movie with George C Scott, not Angelina).

hookedonhouses October 31, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Yes! I saw Alex and Dave’s new apartment on “Happy Endings.” They do have great sets on that show! I was so excited when they decided to lease it. Ha.

The mid-century mod on “Raising Hope” is great, too. Not familiar with the one in “The Changeling,” though. Thanks!

Christine November 2, 2012 at 9:48 am

FYI-Not sure if you’ve gotten a tip on this or not. The new hit show Nashville on ABC features a beautiful home in Nashville. It is the home of character Rayna James. It is on the mls and is for sale for $19,500,000. Look up realtracs.com and click on Davidson County, then search Page Road. You will find it. It looks as though they used the inside too.

hookedonhouses November 2, 2012 at 10:13 am

This is why I love my readers. You’re always sending me great stuff like this! I’ve been watching “Nashville” but had no idea Rayna’s house was on the market. Thanks, Christine!

chris w November 2, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I would be nice to have a close look at the Kramer’s appartment in Kramer vs Kramer. It was decorated in a very simple but cute style.

Rachel November 4, 2012 at 12:57 am

you should do the house from paranormal activity 4, i watched the movie the other day and the house looked really nice!

Greg November 4, 2012 at 1:11 am

Hi,
The only house you don’t have on your website.
is the house from: The Goonies.
It is a beautiful old house.
and in excellent condition,

hookedonhouses November 4, 2012 at 7:56 am

I don’t remember that one. Do you know where it is or any info about it?

cubbytoo November 4, 2012 at 11:25 pm

$14.9 Million Historic Mansion In San Francisco, CA « Homes of the Rich – The Web’s #1 Luxury Real Estate Blog

homesoftherich.net

nov. 4, 2012

bella November 7, 2012 at 2:19 am

no pride and prejudice!? haha u gotta do PP 05! elizabeth and darcy…. ooooo

hookedonhouses November 7, 2012 at 9:26 am

That’s one of my favorites. I keep thinking I’ll get around to it one of these days! :-)

Amy November 7, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I’d love to know more about the house they use in the tv show Grimm. It’s sooo nice. =)

Kristina November 7, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Ooohhh!!! That’s a good one! I LOVE that house!

Petra December 5, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I agree!

Victoria November 7, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I just saw the movie Abduction and fell in love with the mid-century modern home there. Loved the texture and glass. Is it possible to get photos?

Devon November 7, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I like the house in the movie Another Year. Check it out.

Amy November 8, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I’m looking for any information you might have about the set of “The New Adventures of Old Christine”, specifically the kitchen paint color. Any ideas where I might find this? Thanks!

hookedonhouses November 8, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Sorry, I don’t. And it’s almost impossible to find out paint colors from sets. They’re usually custom colors designed to look good under the TV lights.

Jean November 9, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I was hoping to see what you had on Serendipity. I did specifically go find the shop “Serendipity” when I went to New York, but I am very intrigued by Sara’s home where Lar’s proposes. Love the huge fire place. :)

Carolyn Allen November 13, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I’ve been searching for photo’s of the contemporary modern house in the movie “Enough” with Jennifer Lopez. It’s the house near the end of the movie. Wondering if it’s a shell or an actual house.

Kristina November 13, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Julia- I love Every single thing about the practical magic house! Do you have any idea how I can track down the wallpaper used in the parlor? it’s making me crazy trying to hunt it down!

Patsy November 15, 2012 at 7:54 am

I watched a Hallmark Channel movie the other night called A Season for Miracles from 1999. Where was the house from featured in this movie? Looked like a Victorian with beautiful oak woodwork and staircase.

Meghan November 15, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I recently watched the Amazing Spiderman (with Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield). I fell in love with the brownstone that Sally Field lived in! Can you find out more about them?

Geneva November 19, 2012 at 12:03 am

Hello, stumbled across your site and absolutely love it! Thank you for the hard work. I was wondering if you would be able to get pictures of the old house in the movie “Mouse Hunt” starring Nathan Lane? I love the house they try to remodel and would love to see the pictures of it. Thank you

a. g. ellis November 20, 2012 at 7:50 am

I just love your site. Nothing sends me into raptures like an impressive setting. I wondered if you ever considered taking a look at the sets of Anne of Green Gables? The houses and gorgeous Canadian Island landscape is truly impactful; i know it certainly helped formulate a whole generation of little girls’ sense of design and style.

Delms November 23, 2012 at 8:37 pm

The movie set I want to see is Roxanne with Daryl Hannah and Steve Martin. Both of their houses were pretty cool. Anyone have any stills?

Dindi November 25, 2012 at 4:04 am

Can you please find more info on the house featured in the movie This Christmas I am in love with that house I know it is in California but that is all .

cathy November 25, 2012 at 9:39 am

Love, love, love your blog! I found it looking for the gorgeous in Head Above Water. Your site came up in the search but I never found the listing – is there one?
Keep up the great work!

hookedonhouses November 25, 2012 at 9:47 am

It probably came up in the search because people have requested it in the comments. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that movie, though, so I don’t have a post about it. Sorry!

cathy November 30, 2012 at 2:20 pm

You’d love it – coastal cottage – tons of windows, lots of little nooks inside. It’s a movie with Gwynth Paltrow – I’d had never heard of it either but a scene with the house caught me as I was flipping thru. If you ever get the chance – it’s worth watching just to see that great house!!!

skempowered November 25, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Could you please add “Guess Who” movie to your list? I love the colours and decorations of the rooms, and would like to know more. Like what colours did they use in each room and who did the decorating. Thanks!!!!!

hookedonhouses November 26, 2012 at 7:24 am

I actually did write about the “Guess Who” house and post photos when I wrote about “Father of the Bride” because the same one was used. You can see that post here: http://hookedonhouses.net/2011/06/19/the-father-of-the-bride-house-is-for-sale-sorta/

Aline November 26, 2012 at 10:44 am

Hi Julia! I would love to see stills from the serie “Once upon a time” as well as “Friends”! It will be great!

Kitty November 30, 2012 at 12:42 am

Could you add Almost Famous & The Runaways? Also, could you add more rockstars? I’m trying to get some inspiration from musicians. I heard one of the Red Hot Chili Peppers (could have been Anthony Kiedis) sold his house to Jack Black and there were speakers in the pool, so when you went under water you could still hear music. Thanks!!

DJ November 30, 2012 at 10:34 am

How about the large stone house in the movie, SkyFall ? Is it real or just a well made set ? My husband took me to this James Bond movie and not until I saw his old home in Scotland did I really get interested. LOL

Tiffany December 1, 2012 at 3:06 am

Please could you do a special at the Vampire Diaries houses? I love Elana’s house (especially her kitchen!), and Stefan and Damon have an amazing house too!

amie December 2, 2012 at 8:20 am

Hello’
I LOVE your site. I Love houses too. I took your quiz and answered yes to almost every question. It drives my sig other crazy because he never knows if we are going to have to act on one of my house adventures. I watch movies over and over if I really like the house. Yes, one of my favorites is the Holiday. I Love both houses, the Cottage and the California house. My other two favorites that you do not have listed on your site are the houses in Pride and Prejudice (BBC version) and the house in the cancelled CW television network show Privileged (2008-2009.) I have tried to find copies of the show but have had no luck. How can you get pictures of the inside and outside of the main house? It was beautiful! The entire show was set in Palm Beach, Florida. The main house (especially the kitchen) was beautiful and sometimes they did a few exterior Palm Beach scenes.The kitchen would have won your recent contest. The story line was a little weak but the house,the town and the clothes were great. Can you get pictures of the house from Privileged? Thanks Amie from Dallas

Kristen December 3, 2012 at 2:29 am

I was wondering if you would do a piece on the Tjolöholm Castle Fjärås Sweden, from the movie Melancholia. It’s a visually stunning movie and the house is breathtaking, although I’m not certain if it was just the exteriors that were filmed.
Thank you for your help…I truly enjoy your site and appreciate your time in allowing your viewers to experience these beautiful homes!!! Kristen

Elizabeth December 3, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Hello. I love your blog so much!
It’s excellent. I am just wondering if you could upload pictures from Cold Mountain? I am particularly interested in the little forest hut of the goat lady, named Maddy, who cares for Inman when he’s sick and wounded. I remember the hut being beautifully designed to give a great atmosphere amd setting.
Thanks again,
Liz xxx

Lisa Forletta December 4, 2012 at 2:51 pm

My 9 year old son and Ihave been watching Borrowed Hearts for the last 4 years together and I would love to know more about the house that is featured in that movie. He just loves that movie and its now become our little tradition.
thanks

Leslie December 4, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Anyone know where I can find pictures of the kitchen from the movie Knocked Up?

Gil Garrison December 5, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I am looking for information / photos regarding the mountaintop house in the movie “The Glass Bottom Boat” starring Doris Day and Rod Taylor. In the 1965 movie, this particular home was the sprawling, mid-century modern residence of Rod Taylor’s character. It was round in plan and surrounded an interior landscaped courtyard. It’s hard to tell where in Southern California this house might have been located, but given the size and panache, it was probably in the LA region.

Carter December 6, 2012 at 8:41 am

Wow, I JUST found this site, as I thought that Peter Parker’s house in Amazing Spiderman looked like the inside of the house from Charmed. Although I’ve now found out that the interior of the Halliwell house was a sound stage.

All that aside, I do believe my favorite TV house ever was from last years short lived series No Ordinary Family. OMG that house was to die for. So, colorful, eclectic, warm and cozy. It’s truly amazing…the things that can be done…

Kristen December 9, 2012 at 1:19 am

Would love to see Michelle Pfeiffer’s house in I Could Never Be Your Woman, also the sister’s home in Knocked Up!!

Kristen December 9, 2012 at 1:21 am

Leslie, I have the DVD Knocked Up and have paused and taken photos of her kitchen! Such a great house!!

hookedonhouses December 9, 2012 at 9:33 am

I was just going to say the same thing. If you don’t want to wait for me to get around to it, just take screenshots while you watch the movie on your computer. :-)

Poulami December 11, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Can you do one on that Mindy Project? Her apartment looks amazing!

Liz December 12, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Hello!! Love this site, and I was hooked because I too am Hooked on Houses! I love looking at them, and interior design. One of my fave sites is Homedebut.com to view virtual tours of houses. I really like your section on Movie and TV houses and I wonder if you can find anything on the house/set used for the movie Rosewood Lane. Rose McGowan starred in it, and the movie was alright for a thriller, but it was the house that got my attention. I would love it if you can find out anything about it. Thanks!

Lisa December 16, 2012 at 9:45 am

Have you seen the new Bourne Legacy movie with Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz? She has an old farmhouse in the movie that is spectacular. I would love to see more about this house. I suspect the interior and exterior are different, probably a set, but the staircase inside is gorgeous.

Lisa December 16, 2012 at 9:56 am

Never mind, I’ve found it. http://www.historichudson.org/glosary.htm

hookedonhouses December 16, 2012 at 9:59 am

Cool! Thanks, Lisa!

Lisa December 19, 2012 at 8:54 am

How about This is 40? I would love to see that house.

Thanks!

Katie December 19, 2012 at 10:12 am

The house in ‘THE LUCKY ONE’ based on Nicholas Sparks’ novel is amazing! Check it out if you haven’t yet. Southern white house with front porch, screen door, old wood floors, black doors. There were alot of interior shots with several rooms shown at a time. Amazing!

Liz December 22, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Would you please research the house in “The Doctor” from 1991? I’ve always liked that house a lot and am curious about it. I like how to appears to bring the outside in. Thanks so much!!

naneki December 23, 2012 at 7:17 pm

We watched a Christmas Lifetime movie, “A Boyfriend for Christmas’ the other night. Fell in love with Holly’s cottage/bungalow. It didn’t look like a set house, but maybe in an actual location, so I thought I’d try y’all.

Colette December 26, 2012 at 10:24 am

Love your site, visit often! Would love to see more of Pete and Debbie’s house from ‘Knocked Up’ and now again in ‘This Is 40′. Great house!

Ashley December 27, 2012 at 9:16 am

This website is good! But I would LOVE to see the house from Full House on here!! :)

J. A. Van December 27, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I would love to know where the house is or even if it exists that is in the 1963 movie Donavon’s Reef!
Not the Allerton Estate but the one the big house the doctor (Jack Warden) lived in with his 3 children? I can’t find it any where…just the Allerton Estate that was used as the governors home in the movie.
Can any one tell me if this home is for real and if there is a web site to view it?
Thank you!!

Sara December 27, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I would love to seethe house from ‘This is 40′ / ‘Knocked Up’

CIndy December 27, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I am absolutely IN LOVE with Pete & Debbie’s Knocked Up / This is 40 House!! Any scoop on it?

hookedonhouses December 27, 2012 at 8:03 pm

No, but apparently I need to research that one. I can’t believe how many requests have poured in for it this week! I haven’t seen “This is 40″ yet. Did they use the same house from “Knocked Up”?

ALH December 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Where’s “Arachnaphobia”? Every single house in that movie was to die for gorgeous!
I love your blog, btw. I come here for pinterest selections and so that I can practice the sin of coveteousnessing. It keeps me happy here in my little less-than 1000-sq-ft house. I love looking at all these places but then I realize I am right where I need to be budget-wise. Plus, I struggle with hoarding tendencies. I defintiely do not need more space. But I do enjoy looking!

Phil R December 28, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I suggest “I Love Lucy” house.

Kerry Wartel December 28, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Hi, I just saw the movie Parental Guidance and the house in that movie is amazing!! If you have a chance, check it out..also, I’d love to see more pictures of it if you can! Thanks!!! Love you website!

sylvie December 30, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I hope you will add house by the water in Dan in Real Life and also the house by the lake in Your Sister’s Sister?

michael kors chain tote December 31, 2012 at 6:54 am

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually understands what they
are talking about on the web. You actually know how to bring a problem
to light and make it important. A lot more people need
to check this out and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you’re not more popular because you definitely possess the gift.

Kristi December 31, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I recently ran across an old replay of the 1995 movie, “A Walk in the Clouds” and was reminded of how majestic the house, courtyard and property was portrayed. I would love to see additional photos.

Liz Riley January 1, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Pleeeeease do Miss Fannie’s house from Bunheads.

Ella Aston January 1, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I would love if you could find the houses from desperate housewives.
I just love that show!!

Ella Aston

Francesca January 1, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Would love to see the houses from Meet the Parents and Knocked Up/This Is Forty on here!

Brenda January 2, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Happy New Year Julia!! Hope it’s better than ever! I was wondering if you have ever thought about doing a segment on houses that we really DON’T love? The one that comes immediately to my mind is the “Everybody Loves Raymond” House. It makes me tired when I look at it, it’s so busy.

Thanks,

Brenda

Jason January 4, 2013 at 12:30 pm

For those interested in Karen Blixen’s house in Africa (in fact, she lived in a very small bungalow before moving into the more widely-known M’bogani house), I found a lot of photos and floor plans to both the bungalow and the farmhouse in this book:

Life and Destiny of Isak Dinesen (Phoenix Books) by Clara Svendsen.

This book is available online.

Enjoy!
J

Leslie January 4, 2013 at 10:06 pm

J – Love your website! Can you include an entry on Drogheda from The Thorn Birds? I always thought that house was lovely!!! – Leslie : )

Jason January 5, 2013 at 10:19 am

For those who are interested in Karen Blixen’s farmhouse in Kenya, there is a book that has a lot of photos:
Life and Destiny of Isak Dinesen (Phoenix Books), Clara Svendsen (Author).

This book can be ordered online.

Also, several years ago, I wrote to the Rungstedlund Museum in Denmark and requested information about her farmhouse and they sent me a floor plan of it–an item that I deeply cherish. Should anyone want a copy, they should contact me.

Thanks for your awesome website!

J

Shea Smith January 5, 2013 at 1:48 pm

LOVE your site! What about “A Walk in the Clouds” vineyard? I couldn’t find it, but what a place!

Michael January 6, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Hello, I’m a university student and aspiring production designer and this is a nice site for reference and resource when I talk about houses I like. In fact it has inspired me to start designing my own house. I want to recommend the houses from Road to Perdition and Far From Heaven. I think I know the address for Road to Perdition, but all I know about the one from Far From Heaven is that it’s somewhere in New Jersey.

Maureen January 8, 2013 at 8:35 am

How about the house in I Love You, Man? Great mid-century modern.

Andrew January 9, 2013 at 12:34 pm

First off, love your site. I have found so many houses on here from movies that I have watched over the years. Thank you. Was wondering if you could do a piece on the loft/ industrial style apartments in Great Expectations (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119223/) and The Vow (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606389/)?

Allison January 10, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I didn’t see The Goonies house thats a Oregon classic! I always wanted to do a West Coast Coastal road trip to see that house, and the famous beach scene where the car chase was filmed. Love the movie house theme :)!

Jennifer January 10, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Hi,
I just saw the movie “This is 40″ (the Judd Aptow movie) and love the decor of the house. Can you find some pictures of the set and post? It is a california style home with an open concept kitchen, dining and family room. Great set design.

anne marie scheff January 10, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I would love to see you do Will Rodman’s house (James Franco’s character) from “Rise of the Planet of the Apes”. It’s an old house in San Francisco with a lot of charm.

ShannonU January 10, 2013 at 10:13 pm

LOVE this series of TV/Movie sets and houses you’ve done!

I came here looking for the ABC series “Switched at Birth” house, but see you haven’t featured it. It’s on Netflix, and I think you’d like the show, anyway!
It’s a mansion with a cottage feel – the kitchen cabinets are painted sage green and there’s tons of molding everywhere.
Was VERY happy to find all the “Revenge” features, though.
Surprised by some of the houses in the top 10 list!
Thanks for all the hard work of screen capturing and blogging this fun stuff!!

Melissa Cain January 10, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I recently went to see the movie “This is 40″, and although I was disappointed in it, the house in it is gorgeous – def your taste! So, if you are able to feature it (both inside and out) I think it would be great! Thanks. -Melissa Cain

Ella January 10, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Hello! I love movie houses, and I have a couple of suggestions to add…if I may.

1. The house from M. Night Shyamalan’s Signs. It’s a huge, beautiful farmhouse that they (the production crew) built specifically for a movie and then tore it down after filming. Almost the entire movie save for a few minutes takes place in and around the house, so we get to see a lot of both the interior and exterior. I grew up in an old farmhouse almost exactly like this one in Nebraska, so I thoroughly enjoyed comparing my childhood house to that one.

2. David and Judy Dutton’s farmhouse from the 2010 remake “The Crazies”. It, too, is a large, old farmhouse. Filming for the movie took place in Iowa, so I’m assuming that’s where the house is at. We get to see some of the interior and exterior during the film, as well as some of the farm’s outbuildings. There is a second house in the film that is quite pretty, but it gets (spoilers!) blown up in the first few minutes of the movie.

Thanks!

Gia January 11, 2013 at 12:33 am

I love your blog–thanks so much for showcasing all of these lovely houses. One of my favorite movie home’s is Loretta’s family’s Brooklyn house in “Moonstruck”. Please keep that one in mind to feature in the future. :)

Kristan January 11, 2013 at 8:34 pm

I would love if you could feature Paige and Leo’s loft apartment in The Vow. It has such a fantastic industrial feel and is so wonderfully decorated. I’d love to get a better look at it!

valerie January 11, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I am trying to find the vase thats in victorias house on the sofa table. The one with the seashells on it. I live in chicago Illinois.

Gale Christopherson January 12, 2013 at 9:21 am

I just found your website (lucky, lucky me) and I love it! I never realized anyone else noticed the houses on TV and in the movies – that is what I watch for. I know this goes back quite a ways, but is it possible to find out information on the house used in the “Leave It To Beaver” series of the 60s? My family watched this show faithfully and it was wonderful. We lived in an old farmhouse, and I would ask my Dad why we couldn’t have a house like that. That was my first conscious memory of noticing the house? Thank you so much for this website, Gale

Matt Lueder January 12, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I just recently watched Mr. Hobbs Takes A Vacation and was trying to find information on the old victorian house used in the movie. All I could find was that it was filed at Leo Carrillo State Beach – 35000 W. Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, California, USA

Since I could not find anything, I assume it was built for the movie only

Phil R January 14, 2013 at 11:12 pm

What, no Sound of Music?

hookedonhouses January 15, 2013 at 7:21 am

Well, it’s a work in progress here, Phil! I’m sure I’ll get to it eventually. :-)

Liz January 15, 2013 at 10:33 pm

I would love to see a feature on Mindy’s apartment in The Mindy Project. It looks so gorgeous and I know you’d do it justice! :)

Mich Lu January 15, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Hi,

I was looking for the humphrey house in gossip girl when i got directed to you website. I love it! :)

Pls do a piec on the houses in the show O.C. (especially the cohen house with the pool house!)

tammyCA January 18, 2013 at 2:29 am

I haven’t been here in awhile but I hope you will put up one of my very favorite movie houses and that is the one from the 1940s “Leave her to Heaven”. There’s actually a few houses in that movie that are terrific. Years ago (before the Internet) I actually stopped the VCR many times to sketch out the Bar Harbor house floor plan!
Another movie house that is in the suburban Mid century modern genre that I love is the Bob Hope movie, “Bachelor in Paradise”…the real house is within driving distance so it was fun to drive by it to see how it looked today.
thanks for your site…I loved seeing the Christmas movie houses that are also favorites of mine.

Erin Hyatt January 18, 2013 at 9:49 am

Any info on “Switched At Birth” house? Especially the garage apartment…would love to build it!!

Also, just about any house in Hawaii Five-O!!

hookedonhouses January 18, 2013 at 10:11 am

I started working on a post about “Switched at Birth” last January. I need to get back to it. TV shows can take me forever to do because I have to watch so many episodes to get enough screenshots. I’ll try to get it finished before NEXT January! :-)

Erin Hyatt January 18, 2013 at 9:52 am

P.S. I forgot “Drop Dead Fred” with Phoebe Cates….Fred sunk the houseboat, but it had amazing views and it was 2 or 3 stories tall….could never find good pics of the boat!!

julia January 19, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Hi!! Hello from Uruguay. I really love your blog and since I saw “Sth’s gotta give”, I can not help checking every interior in every movie i Watch. Have you checked a series called Bunheads? The surroundings look amazing.

Courtney January 25, 2013 at 9:39 am

I love your site and gawking at all of the beautiful homes you feature. I would really appreciate any info you could give about the house where Ben Affleck’s character lives at the beginning of The Company Men. Also, the townhouse that Maria Bello’s character owns is amazing in that film. I really hope you feature it soon! Thank you!!!

Gina January 25, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I want to know who build the house and if it really was someone house I love that house and I can not find anything about the house. Please help me .

Cody January 26, 2013 at 9:27 pm

do you think you could checkout the house of Helen Harris III in the movie bridemaids i just think it is beautiful house and would like to know more about it

Cody January 26, 2013 at 9:34 pm

do you think you could checkout the house of Helen Harris III in the movie bridesmaids i just think it is beautiful house and would like to know more about it