I’m so excited, you guys. I’m about to set sail on a Caribbean cruise with my family to celebrate both my birthday (which was at the end of April) and our son Jacob’s graduation (if you read my private blog, you saw my post about it last week). I’ve always dreamed of taking a cruise in a stateroom with a balcony — never even had a porthole before — and I’m finally doing it. Woot!
Here’s an old picture I dug up from my first cruise, when I was fresh out of college:
My Grandma Hazel wasn’t able to go on the trip she had planned at the time and gave me her ticket at the last minute. I never would have been able to afford it otherwise, and I had the time of my life. Thanks, Grandma! 🙂
A lot of research, planning, and SHOPPING has gone into my travel prep for this upcoming cruise, but that’s half the fun of a vacation for me (you know you’re a “J” on the MBTI when…ha).
Before I hop on that plane to Miami, I thought I’d share with you some of the things I got for the trip in case you happen to be planning one of your own.
1. Can’t rely on phones to tell the right time when we’re at sea, so I’m taking this adorable Peakeep Travel Alarm:
2. Didn’t want to pack our big camera but still want to get good pics, so we got the slim Nikon Coolpix with zoom:
3. Colorful towel clips are handy to keep beach towels from blowing away or to hang swimsuit to dry:
4. This magnified travel mirror is a must for doing makeup without my glasses:
5. Clarks Cloudsteppers are the comfiest flip-flops on earth. I never want to take them off!
6. My daughter got me this cute travel case for my essential oils. (A foam insert holds them in place.)
The suitcase filled up quickly, though, so now I’m not sure I’ll have space for an entire case devoted to my essential oils. I’m trying to narrow it down to the ones I absolutely, positively can’t do without for a week. If you’re addicted to them like I am, then you know how hard it is to choose!
At the very least, I know I’ll need some of my favorite heavy hitters for…
- Better Sleep (a few drops in my moisturizer before bed helps this insomniac get her zzz’s)
- Energy (required every day around 4:00 when I start to drag)
- Better Skin (I add it to my favorite moisturizer and it works wonders, lemme tell ya)
- My Happy Scent (I mix it with Orange as my daily “perfume”)
I’m the kind of girl who likes to be prepared for anything and everything and tends to over-pack. I’m going to try to rein myself in a bit for this trip, but I’m not making any promises, ha. See you when I get back! 🙂
*There are Amazon affiliate links in this post — thanks!