A Country Cottage in Leipers Fork

by hookedonhouses on February 4, 2014

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN

Sarah and Michael are “innkeepers” who own several vacation rental properties in Tennessee, including a lovely farmhouse on a pond that I showed you last year. So when Sarah told me they have a new one called “Storybook Cottage” on 8 acres in Leipers Fork, I had to take a look…

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (16)

It has one bedroom, one bath, and 818 square feet. There’s also a sleeping loft with a couple of twin beds and an outdoor shower if you want to bring the kids.

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (8)

I’m loving the painted poplar wood floors in the living room.

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (3)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (6)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (19)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (15)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (13)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (4)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (11)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (14)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (5)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (12)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (10)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (22)

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (18)

Sarah says, “Our son Wyatt looks forward to making s’mores over the crackling fire in the outdoor fire pit and playing countless games of Uno.”

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (7)

“I look forward to waking up with a cup of tea on the back enclosed porch and lazy afternoons in the hammock with a book.” Sounds like my kind of vacation!

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (20)

The house is four miles from Historic Leipers Fork Village, twelve miles south of Franklin and thirty miles south of Nashville: “The Natchez Trace Parkway is a couple miles away and is perfect for hiking, biking, horseback riding and scenic drives.”

Storybook Cottage vacation rental Leipers Fork TN (2)

Visit their page on VRBO for all the photos and rental information about the cottage. And if you go, take your horses with you!

Storybook Cottage horse Leipers Fork TN (21)

Sarah and Michael also own this charming Farmhouse in Leipers Fork that you can rent:

Leiper's Fork Farmhouse 525

Hooked on Cottages? Click here to see more of my favorites, including…

Cottage on the Green Tybee Island Jane CoslickA Colorful Cottage in Georgia

Want to get my weekly newsletter via email so you don’t miss anything?

{ 33 comments… read them below or add one }

Alie B February 4, 2014 at 8:23 am

Oh my, this place is adorable! Doesn’t feel small at all! The perfect blend of elegance and shabbiness. I love the floor as well, Julia. It brings warmth to an otherwise neutral space. Those doors with mirror inlays in the bedroom are fabulous! I like the other vacation property as well, but I prefer this one. :)

tricia @ littlecottageonthepond February 4, 2014 at 8:46 am

This has my name all over it! Adore this little cottage and all of the beautiful touches :)

Elvira February 4, 2014 at 9:30 am

I’m swooning here. What a sweet cottage! There are so many interesting details and beautiful pieces of furniture. The overall look is just perfect. Oh, and the porch!

Cheryl in Wisconsin February 4, 2014 at 10:08 am

My deep sigh while reading this sums up my reaction. Incredible.

Fiamma February 4, 2014 at 10:08 am

As someone who absolutely hates open shelving, I can’t help but love that kitchen!! What a charming retreat.

plantingoaks February 4, 2014 at 1:17 pm

I had a similar thought! It makes SO MUCH SENSE in a rental where people will constantly be unfamiliar with where things go. And rentals don’t have the mismatched use-it-onece-a-year clutter that needs hiding or dusting like a home kitchen does. Its brilliant!

hookedonhouses February 4, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Good point!

SteamboatsMyHome February 4, 2014 at 10:32 am

History and elegance. Such a spectacular place and so appreciative of the owners throughout the years that have maintained this lovely home so well.

Molly @ Peanut Butter & Dill Pickles February 4, 2014 at 10:42 am

We stayed at their Jefferson House property in Franklin, TN last summer and were delighted to see they added another property. The homes are so well decorated and we had the best stay–much better than a hotel!

Storybook Cottage February 4, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Thanks Molly!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com February 4, 2014 at 11:56 am

Oh, Julia! This one is a winner! I love how cozy and inviting every single room feels!

Don’t you wish you were there right now? I am packing my bags!!! LOL :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

jep February 4, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I want to live there…just lovely and sweet…my kind of place!
Thank you Julia!

Erin February 4, 2014 at 1:25 pm

How tranquil! It looks like the perfect ‘get-away place”!

Carolyn February 4, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I’m curious whether this is new construction or old and totally renovated. Hard to tell. The floors look old but they could be reclaimed. I don’t think you’d see stone facing on dormers like that – real stone would be too heavy and would require structural support. Original dormers would have been done in wood (siding or shakes), stucco, or (as often in England) roof tiles. (See Sarah Ban Breathnach’s former English cottage, for example.) Other than that purist quibble, this is cute and looks like a great getaway.

hookedonhouses February 4, 2014 at 2:40 pm

It looks newer to me. Maybe Sarah can let us know!

Storybook Cottage February 4, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Hi Carolyn,

The house is a “newer” home and was built about fifteen years ago. The builder did a wonderful job making it unique and we just added all the decorative touches and furnishings when we purchased it.

Carolyn February 5, 2014 at 8:36 am

Thanks for answering my question. Nice job!

Angie February 4, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Now that’s what I’m talking about! If I could move that to Colorado, I would live happily ever after. Everything is perfection.

Carrie February 4, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I am in love!

Alicia February 4, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Breathtaking! Looks like an amazingly peaceful retreat.

I’m wondering about that really cool looking object hanging over the bed. Any idea what it is?

Storybook Cottage February 4, 2014 at 11:22 pm

It’s a large vintage industrial fan cover! One of my favorite pieces in the cottage!

Martha February 4, 2014 at 9:59 pm

OK Julia….I am going to go out on a limb and will probably be pushed off……I love the exterior of this cottage and the living room is lovely, but the rest….it seems very sterile to me. I am tired of the white, washed white, white gray, almost white rooms that seem to be so in right now. Your sun room is a good example of white with pops of color that make a room much more inviting and pleasant . The books on the upper areas in the bedroom just look like silly dust catchers with their spines turned backwards…..also any book old enough to be so yellow is bound to smell musty. Sorry….rant over ?

Kim February 5, 2014 at 2:18 am

What a calm and peaceful retreat. I could see myself staying here and never wanting to leave.

Esther George February 5, 2014 at 5:51 am

Hi Julia this is quite lovely isn’t it….love every nook and cranny. Must get back to Sherlock….he’s back and wonderful as ever. Had to check your blog during the commercials. Thank you for sharing beauty. Regards Esther from Sydney.

hookedonhouses February 5, 2014 at 7:53 am

Ooh, love Sherlock! I haven’t watched the latest episode yet but I’ve got it saved on my DVR. :)

Carolyn February 5, 2014 at 8:40 am

It’s a good one – full of surprises. The next morning when I woke up I was dreaming of Benedict Cumberbatch as a mailman collecting overdue postage. Ha!

hookedonhouses February 5, 2014 at 8:43 am

Love it. :)

jen February 5, 2014 at 11:33 am

how cute there are a lot of little things l like

Brindusa February 5, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Cute!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com February 5, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I love it! I am SO looking it up.

Marguerite February 5, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Leipers Fork, Tennessee is where the Judd women–Naomi, Wynonna, and Ashley–live.

Jamie February 10, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Beautiful! I could see myself living there!

Aubrey B April 10, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Oh my goodness, this is just too wonderful. It’s charming and functional, how is that possible?! Thank you for sharing, this is my new dream cottage in the woods.