Cabots Corner: A Classic Shingled House in Massachusetts

by hookedonhouses on December 9, 2013

The House at Cabots Corner Polhemus Savery DaSilva

The architectural firm of Polhemus Savery DaSilva designs some beautiful shingled houses. This one in Massachusetts is called “The House at Cabots Corner,” and it has me daydreaming about summer afternoons and sunshine…

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (4)

With all those windows, you know the house has to be flooded with light. Something I could use a little more of on a cold, cloudy morning like this one…

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (16)

Love the gazebo-like porch.

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (13)

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (17)

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (8)

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (10)

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (15)

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (9)

It’s been so cold here that I needed this little shot of sunshine and summer today. I posted a snapshot of the snowy view from my sunroom on Instagram if you want to see what it looks like in my backyard right now.

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (5)

I love this style of houses so much that I have a category on my blog devoted to them. You can see the others I’ve featured here: Shingled Houses.

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (1)

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (3)

Visit the Polhemus Savery DaSilva website for more photos of the house at Cabots Corner and information about their work. (Thanks to Luciane from Home Bunch for bringing this one to my attention!)

Cabots Corner shingled house PSDAB (2)

P.S. Here’s another shingled house they designed that makes me happy:

Polhemus-Savery-DaSilver-shingled-house-turquoise-shutters

{ 22 comments… read them below or add one }

Cathie December 9, 2013 at 8:42 am

The shed dormers are perfectly done. It is wonderful to see the attention to detail on modern construction.

jep December 9, 2013 at 11:07 am

Pretty house…I like the door and shutter color and the house design. Oh, but what a pretty Instagram photo of your sun/snow room. That would make a lovely Christmas card…thanks for sharing!

hookedonhouses December 9, 2013 at 11:13 am

Thanks! The view from my sunroom does look a bit like a Christmas card right now! :)

Elle December 9, 2013 at 11:08 am

I am in love with this house! If I could design my dream home, this is exactly what it would look like!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com December 9, 2013 at 11:09 am

Good morning, Julia!

Oh, this is so sweet of you! Thank you so much for the mention. I appreciate it a lot! :-)

This shingle home is just perfect, isn’t it? I am crazy about them!

It’s really cold here too and sunshine is welcome even if it’s virtual!!! :-)

Have a Blessed week, my friend and thanks again!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

hookedonhouses December 9, 2013 at 11:13 am

I thought I had seen everything on their site but somehow missed this one until you talked about it, Luciane. I was excited to see it — thanks! :)

Wendy December 9, 2013 at 12:38 pm

These are some of the loveliest homes I’ve ever seen! Thanks for the dose of summer!

Aria@TheUglyBarnFarm December 9, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Beautiful house! Love the color palette.
Every time I see a shower enclosure like that with the glass door/walls, it makes me want to rip out the funky tiled wall shower the previous owners built in our house (the tile doesn’t even match itself!).

Laura December 9, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Very, very nicely done for a new house.

tricia @ littlecottageonthepond December 9, 2013 at 3:47 pm

This home is just lovely! Shingled houses are some of my fav :)

John DaSilva December 9, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Thank you for the extraordinary coverage and beautiful comments! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to design and build houses for interesting clients in spectacular locations.

John R. DaSilva, AIA
Design Principal
Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders

Margot December 9, 2013 at 5:17 pm

What a lovely house! I would enjoy it very much every season of the year except winter, I think. While the windows offer a beautiful vision of sun, I would think the MA winters would make it cold.

edie December 9, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Just move it down south, and I will move in!

hookedonhouses December 9, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Okay, on the count of three, everyone start pushing! ;)

Jonia December 9, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Lovely, just lovely. Thanks again for another shingle house :) I really, really do like this one. With winter for nearly six months out of the year, I absolutely relish shingle house pictures

maddie may December 10, 2013 at 3:07 am

The calmness of this home is so welcoming. The natural color scheme chosen for the furniture with a touch of blue is wonderful & the sunshine streaming in through all of these gorgeous windows (and spectacular views) is so appealing. A truly beautiful home.

Brindusa December 10, 2013 at 8:06 am

I love the shutters… and the round window. :-)

Alie B December 10, 2013 at 8:46 am

There are too many beautiful details to itemize in this home. It is perfect in its setting. So serene and lovely!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com December 10, 2013 at 11:24 am

Lovely and so full of light.

Sue December 12, 2013 at 11:17 am

Hi! I love your blog so much. You enjoy houses as a professional the way I do as an amateur. We’re a match made in heaven. I would like to send you a photo of my shingled house. Where should I send it.

hookedonhouses December 12, 2013 at 11:21 am

I’d love to see it! My email is julia@hookedonhouses.net or you can post it on my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hooked-on-Houses/55680190818). Thanks, Sue! :)

Kelly December 16, 2013 at 3:02 pm

When I win the 600 million from Mega Millions tomorrow night… I am so buying this house! Although it really needs some coastal colors inside… way too much beige!