For Sale: A Mountain Retreat in Lake Creek Valley

by hookedonhouses on July 14, 2013

A Sweet Mountain Retreat for sale in ColoradoThis house for sale in the Colorado mountains sits on 10 acres in “the privacy and scenic splendor of Lake Creek Valley, surrounded by a forest of Aspen trees.” It has an old world, fairy-tale charm with the turret and window boxes–not to mention the blue “Monet bridge over a cascading creek.” It’s on the market for $7.5 million–take a look…

157 Pilgrim Dr Lake Creek CO mountain retreat (11)

157 Pilgrim Dr Lake Creek CO mountain retreat (2)

157 Pilgrim Dr Lake Creek CO mountain retreat (13)

The great room has a lot of pattern…and “trophies:”

157 Pilgrim Dr Lake Creek CO mountain retreat (7)

157 Pilgrim Dr Lake Creek CO mountain retreat (10)

157 Pilgrim Dr Lake Creek CO mountain retreat (5)

There’s a fireplace in the corner of the kitchen:

kitchen fireplace

157 Pilgrim Dr Lake Creek CO mountain retreat (8)

My favorite parts of the property lie outside and the grounds around it. Gorgeous.

157 Pilgrim Dr Lake Creek CO mountain retreat (9)

I just love this blue “Monet bridge:”

157 Pilgrim Dr Lake Creek CO mountain retreat (3)

Want it? For more photos and information, visit Pricey Pads, the listing, and the virtual tour. (Thanks to Kim for telling me about it!)

157 Pilgrim Dr Lake Creek CO mountain retreat (1)

If you’re hooked on mountain retreats…

Mountain Hideaway in North CarolinaA Reader’s Hideaway in the North Carolina Mountains

{ 33 comments… read them below or add one }

katie clooney July 14, 2013 at 10:11 am

What a great house!! Your blog always makes my day!!

Sue July 14, 2013 at 10:57 am

The outside is breathtaking …the inside not so much …

Jennah July 14, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Samesies.

JD July 17, 2013 at 9:00 pm

“Samesies”?

Aisha July 18, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Ditto Sue! When I saw the inside I was a little surprised. Very nice house and grounds though!

Kay @ redbirdv.wordpress.com July 14, 2013 at 11:00 am

I felt compelled, just now, to pin that photo with the blue Monet bridge. Great color. It sure is difficult to get the perfect blue (or whichever color) for one’s projects!

65andcounting July 14, 2013 at 11:03 am

I don’t care for the architecture – too many rooflines, and I am diametrically opposed to turrets of any kind in a new-build. The design is Alp maiden Heidi meets Tudor King Henry VIII. I have no kind words for the interior design either.

Happily, my opinion counts for nothing. I’m neither buying nor selling and I am sure this home will find someone who not only appreciates the house but loves its design.

Beyond that, for my $7.5m in Colorado, I’d like a valley or mountain view, not dead on into woods.

maude July 14, 2013 at 11:51 am

From the outside it looks like an enchanting getaway that one would find in a fairy tale. The inside is awful though. Why on earth do people insist on decorating their walls with murdered bambi???

JD July 17, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Because some people like hunting trophies. People have been doing it for ages.

Jenn July 14, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Wow 7.5 million???

I much prefer the outside to the inside! It’s got gorgeous views!

Naisha@SweetPeaLiterary July 14, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I’m not particularly impressed with the inside, but the outside is gorgeous! Love the bridge…very picturesque.

jen July 14, 2013 at 1:21 pm

You just put the bigest smile on my face
This is very pretty I do agree the outside is my favoutie too

snaggy July 14, 2013 at 1:31 pm

It’s dreadful !

Emily July 14, 2013 at 2:20 pm

So charming outside … but all the dead animals staring down at you inside are just plain creepy.

Frances in England July 14, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Since it seems to be surrounded by woods wouldn’t you have thought the owners would be worried about Bambi and friends staging a revenge for all of the ‘trophies’? Safe to say that is not my favourite part.

I do like the look of the outside and grounds.

missgulfsouth July 14, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I loathe stuffed animals. But I love the decor, it has a “collected”, old money feel to it. And that library…….my my my. ;)

Christina from Dallas July 14, 2013 at 6:29 pm

I don’t like the inside but I love the outside. Don’t like dead animals on the walls. Also the décor makes it look busy. But, all that could be changed by a new buyer of course. I love that bridge and the idea of being in Colorado with all that land .

Alie B July 14, 2013 at 7:51 pm

My first thought regarding the interior was “Why?”, but then when I considered it further, it is appropriate for Colorado. It does have an authentic lodge feel. While I love the exterior and grounds, they don’t really suit the area. I think a log cabin vibe would be better for the exterior of this place. You’re right about the blue bridge…heavenly. This would be a fabulous locale for a wedding! :)

Jake's a Girl July 14, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Love the house but those drapes would have to go.
I’m in agreement with the outside. Beautiful.

Esther George July 15, 2013 at 12:34 am

Hi Julia I agree with most of the above I think the architecture is perfect for it’s surround. I can imagine going for a bit of an adventure in the ground they are beautiful. I hope they don’t have snakes. Thank you for sharing. Regards Esther from Sydney.

Kim July 15, 2013 at 2:23 am

Thank you for sharing this house. I think It’s beautiful. The only thing that I don’t like is all of those different patterns going on in that greatroom and I don’t like those drapes. They would definitely have to go. other than that, it is spectacular.

Pia July 15, 2013 at 3:20 am

ohh, beautiful. I dont mind a vacation in that house.

Carolyn July 15, 2013 at 11:43 am

Love the landscaping. While I’m a sucker for any house with an Old World fairy tale look, this one doesn’t have enough patina to look like something you discovered as you stumbled into a clearing in an enchanted wood. :-) Maybe in a couple of decades. . . Meanwhile, I concur with most of the comments on the interiors: too many dead animals and too fussy in a late 90′s/early 00′s kind of decorating. I like the timber framing; it has good bones.

Aaron July 15, 2013 at 2:14 pm

All I read was ‘Colorado’, ‘Mountain Retreat’….then I saw the photos….not really what I was expecting. But that’s my own fault for assuming it would be more rustic, log cabin looking. The landscaping and setting is beautiful. The outside of the house is equally beautiful, just not my taste.
Not a fan of dead animals as wall decoration though.

Wendy July 15, 2013 at 10:34 pm

No. That house is just silly. The only thing I liked was the bridge. (And this from someone with ridiculous turrets on my own vintage home, so I don’t have anything against whimsy per se.)

HowardClay July 18, 2013 at 2:54 am

Wow!!! Really awesome house. Kitchen and living room looks really impressive. I just love the out side of house. And garden area looks amazing. Thanks for beautiful share.

Jennifer I. July 18, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Gorgeous house, but that decor has got to go! I think some serious updating is in order.

Karen July 18, 2013 at 1:17 pm

This isn’t my style, especially for a mountain setting yet I can still appreciate some things about the home. I do love the landscape, especially the wildflowers and the blue Monet bridge–it speaks to the gardener in me. The architecture and the turrets reminds me of an old home in Montecito that I got to tour when I lived in Santa Barbara. The current owners were restoring the home that was designed by a noted architect back in the 20′s. It was a gorgeous place that had previously been used as a boarding-house. I was glad to see that someone purchased it and was restoring it to it’s previous glory.

Erin July 18, 2013 at 9:12 pm

SO MUCH FLORAL! :/ Great house, but I would definitely be doing some redecorating!

CA July 19, 2013 at 7:52 am

The exterior is idyllic but my god, the room with the dead endangered species all over the wall was horrifying. Vile people.

Karen Oberholtzer July 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm

What a beautiful home. I would love to sit in the kitchen by the fireplace, then go for a walk over the “Monet bridge”. I would never leave the house! Beautiful on the outside and beautifully decorated on the inside. What a lucky person to be able to live there.

Margaret Andre July 25, 2013 at 12:24 am

I consider it something grand and majestic. The insides are somewhat of royalty because of its elegance and fab. That house is like a dream waiting to be discovered by whoever wishes to buy it. So cool even just to spend a couple of days there.

Kim April 17, 2014 at 7:58 am

Loose the ‘trophys’ and you have a perfectly perfect house