Lori’s “Cream Peacock” of a Kitchen in Florida

by hookedonhouses on March 15, 2013

Lori's white kitchen dark islandWelcome to Lori’s new kitchen in Gainesville, Florida, which she calls her “Cream Peacock.” She explains, “I was inspired by both Christopher Peacock’s famous kitchen and the one from Somethings Gotta Give (wasn’t everyone?). However, I wanted to soften it a bit and used cream instead of white. I love how it turned out!”

Lori's Cream Peacock kitchen

The cream cabinets were finished with a gray glaze, and the island is a beautiful walnut topped with Absolute Black granite. The lighter granite around the rest of the room is Delactis.

Lori's white kitchen

Here’s a close-up of the tile behind the range (Sonoma hand-molded tile in Bisque Krazy Krackle) with the pot-filling faucet:

backsplash tile over range pot filler

She found the Ralph Lauren polished nickel light fixture at TJ Maxx for only $99–what a deal!

Lori's white kitchen 2

Thanks to Lori for entering my contest! Hasn’t Kitchen Week been fun? I love seeing all the beautiful spaces my readers get to cook in. -Julia :-)

Miss any Contest Entries from Kitchen Week? Click the pics below:

Kitchen-Week-at-Hooked-on-Houses1

Marthas-kitchen-2

Maribeths-kitchen-before

Julias-black-and-white-kitchen-2

Kays-white-kitchen-black-counters-cvr

Kimberlys-kitchen-5

So many great ones! Do you have a favorite?

Want to get my weekly newsletter via email so you don’t miss anything?

House Crazy Sarah March 15, 2013 at 8:25 am

Dreamy, creamy! Very nice! Love the tile stove backsplash!

Anne C March 15, 2013 at 11:56 am

Stunning kitchen– very much a “fantasy kitchen” for me (as in I can dream of having that kitchen but it would never happen). Love all the details. I know this sounds silly, but I especially love the pot filler faucet. I have never seen one that looks like that before.

Anne C March 15, 2013 at 11:57 am

By the way, do you mind sharing the details of the faucet? Where did you find it?

Erin March 15, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Gorgeous! Love the backsplash, and I’m completely jealous of the steal she got on that gorgeous fixture! I think I need to make a trip to Home Goods!

Nicole Mulvany March 15, 2013 at 5:10 pm

I know I shouldn’t play favorites. But, this is one of my faves so far. They all are gorgeous. I see myself iin this one the most!!!

The Country Girl March 15, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Beautiful kitchen—-the mix of materials and colors is especially well thought out.

I dont understand, though, why everyone who designs a kitchen thinks it either looks like, was inspired by, or evokes the two iconic movie kitchens from Something’s Gotta Give or It’s Complicated. Really odd, that.

Angela March 15, 2013 at 11:14 pm

A well-designed white kitchen is a classic. Perhaps those set designers were just copying what many people already knew and loved. :-)

hookedonhouses March 16, 2013 at 10:07 am

I don’t think I got any “It’s Complicated” kitchens from readers, but I did get a lot of “SGG” ones. It’s pretty amazing how far-reaching the decorating trends have been from that movie, even all these years later!

The Country Girl March 17, 2013 at 6:54 am

Julia, can you find out what Nancy Meyers’ kitchen looks like? That would VERY interesting, in light of the ripple effect her movie kitchens have had.

hookedonhouses March 17, 2013 at 7:36 am

That would be interesting, wouldn’t it?

Xenia March 16, 2013 at 3:02 am

The stove looks like my dream stove. The entire kitchen is beautiful!

Deb March 16, 2013 at 10:06 am

Kimberly’s new kitchen for an old house (turquoise) is my absolute favorite, and now I’m considering doing something similar with my kitchen!

Kim March 16, 2013 at 1:17 pm

What a lovely kitchen! Everything looks well thought out.

Destiny March 16, 2013 at 6:39 pm

WOWZA!

Tracie March 16, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Very, very pretty! I LOVE the tiles and the white. This is a practical way to achieve “movie set” perfect. :)

Christina from Dallas March 17, 2013 at 9:07 am

What store did she get that tile? I love it so much! Beautiful kitchen.

Lori Evans March 17, 2013 at 9:39 am

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback! Wow! :)
I’m happy to share any info. The faucet is by Rohl and is in polished nickel. The tile is by sonoma tile makers and the color is Krazy Krackle. Hope that helps.
Thanks again for all the nice comments. We love it. :)

Alie B March 19, 2013 at 8:04 am

Great job, Lori! The perfect combination of beauty and function. :)

{ 2 trackbacks }