8 Creative Christmas Mantels

3. “Most Pinned Christmas Mantel” from Better Homes and Gardens

4. KariAnne’s Mantel at Thistlewood Farm

5. Roeshel’s Mantel at DIY Showoff

6. Jessie’s Mantel at Dream & Differ

7. Laura’s Mantel at Finding Home

8. Kendra’s Mantel at Creative Ambitions

I love seeing what some people come up with when they’re decorating this time of year, don’t you? Do you have a favorite? For more photos and information about each one, click the pics to visit their blogs!

More Christmas-Decorating Inspiration:

20 Very Merry Rooms

Christmas Reds in my sunroom 2012
When I was growing up, there were basically two colors to decorate for Christmas with: red and green. It wasn't that long ago that seeing…
Getting Cozy in My Sunroom Christmas 1212 500
When we initially started planning our sunroom addition about 2 years ago, it was supposed to be a screened porch. But then I started thinking…

Some people are so gifted with decorating! LOVE the red wreaths! Jealous that some people make decorating look so easy! =)

2. Alie B says

Oh, these are all wonderful! My favorite is Kendra’s. My family room has a similar stone wall, in front of a gas fireplace (which looks like a woodstove). The overall flavour of the scene is similar to mine, but mine doesn’t have a cool red barn, nor does it have multi-tiered, Christmas tree-like ornaments (also very cool!). Mine does have a reclaimed barnboard mantel though, on which I have white twinkle lights and greenery. Thanks for finding all these lovely mantels, Julia!

3. Kathy :) says

What eye candy this am Julia, they’re all wonderful!! #’s 6 & 7 speak most to me, thanks for this post LOVED it !!!

Merry Christmas,
    K :)

4. Victoria Keddie says

Every single one is truly gorgeous in its own way! So so jealous as we don’t have a fire in our house, so no mantel decorating for me :-(
    Thanks for the lovely post Julia

I love how different they all are! Proof that there is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong.’ I am fortunate and have four mantles in my house! They are all decorated quite differently. I just posted my house tour with them shown last night – but I won’t spam you with the link!!!

6. HouseGroupie says

Oh, what a great collection of ideas! Thanks Julia – you made my day, as always.

I have to say #3 was just fabulous, and I really love Jessie’s mantel, too. (#6.)

They’re all splendid!

• HouseGroupie says

As usual, numbers are not my strong point. My favorite was #4 – KariAnne’s.

• says

That’s okay, they’re not my strong point, either. Right before I published this I realized I had numbered them all wrong! Ha.

7. 65andcounting says

I guess I shouldn’t share a photo of the mantle boughs I bought last week that are still sitting on the front porch or the unopened boxes or ornaments in the living room floor? Maybe one of these incredibly talented women would travel to New York for a free-in-home intervention??

Thank you so much for the feature, Julia! What an sweet gift today! Thank you! The others are all SO gorgeous! It tempts me to start all over! Beautiful inspiration.

9. Kim says

My favorites are number’s 3 and 8. I like them both in their own ways.

10. julie g. says

Now I have total mantel (not to mention sunroom) envy! Not having a mantel to decorate is the biggest downside to mounting your tv over the fireplace.