Decorating for the Seasons in Julie’s White Kitchen

This week I’m going to show you as many kitchens submitted to my Hooked on Your Kitchens Contest as possible. There are so many good ones to see! Let’s start with Julie’s beautiful white kitchen, which she decorates for the various seasons and holidays:

She writes, ” I love my kitchen because it’s a great gathering place for the whole family.”

“The basic black & white palette makes a great backdrop for all kinds of seasonal decor. My favorite thing is probably the range area with the hood mantel. There is so much possibility with the shelf and I try to make the most of it.”

She certainly does! Here are some of the ways she has decorated it…

Valentine’s Day:

It’s fun to see all the seasonal versions of her kitchen. Not sure I could pick a favorite–love them all! For more photos and information about each one, click the “season links” above the photos to see posts about them on her blog, Less-Than-Perfect Life of Bliss.

To See More Kitchen-Contest Entries: Kitchen Stories.

This is one of the entries submitted for my Hooked on Your Kitchens Contest. Please keep the comments positive and polite. Thanks!

Renita's dining room before cvr
Last week I showed you Renita's amazing kitchen makeover. She's a reader who entered my Hooked on Your Kitchens Contest, and I loved her new…
Jodie Rivera's Southern Federal Style House
Welcome to Jodie's Southern Federal-style home known as Nightingale House. The kitchen--which wasn't original to the house, but was built after a fire in the…

neat idea with the framed blackboard! Great kitchen as well. I’ll have to scoot over to her blog to see if she has any more pics of her house!

ooh! Thanks for the feature, Julia :) Working on my Christmas decor for this year in the kitchen today!

3. Rebecca C. says

Lovely kitchen and lovely decorations. That little shelf above the range is perfect to change out with the seasons. Almost like a mini-mantel. Those reindeer are great.

4. Kate says

Stunning kitchen…just stunning.

What is the silver spigot looking thing above the stove?? There wouldn’t be a faucet there, would there? If so, for what purpose? Confused! LOL!

• says

It is a faucet, and referred to as a “pot-filler”. It is quite handy for doing just that, filling large pots (for boiling pasta, etc…) without having to lug the heavy water-filled pot across the kitchen from the sink!

• Karen W. says

I think maybe it’s there for filling large pots with water, so one doesn’t have to carry them from the sink to the stove.

I love Julie’s kitchen! It is so warm and inviting, and I love the seasonal decor (I like to do the same thing, and I’ll admit a tad bit of envy for that beautiful mantel)! Thanks for sharing!

…and I don’t even know where the knob is to start the oven! Never cooked a meal here. The only thing I can make for supper is reservations!

7. David says

Simple question-I like the look of cabinets with baseboards that make them look like furniture. Toe-kicks are there for a reason, do you stub your toes on these type of cabinets or not?

Oooh, I love the look of white cabinets on a cream wall. Perfect blend of warm and crisp. Her flair for seasonal decorations really makes the room, though! Great inspirations; thanks for sharing. :)

9. Kim says

What a gorgeous white kitchen! She does a great job decorating it.

white is such a hot color for a kitchen because it always looks great. Love what you have done with your kitchen Julie!! And the different decorations make such a difference. Easy when you have such a perfect canvas..

11. Siiri says

May I ask what color the walls are painted? Love the creamy yellowish look!

Love the subway tile and the pattern you used over that fab stove! Oh, and the shelf makes a wonderful focal point and ties it all together. This one has my vote!