Carrie’s Kitchen in Columbus, Indiana

by hookedonhouses on November 6, 2012

Welcome to Carrie’s warm and spacious kitchen. She writes,”My kitchen is my favorite room because it flows indoor to outdoor in a wonderful way. We entertain a lot, so it’s designed around that. It’s very open. But it’s inviting and cozy, too.” Take a look:

This does look like a great kitchen to entertain in, doesn’t it? Thanks, Carrie! She’s a real estate agent in Columbus, Indiana, and you can see her website here.

*UPDATE: A lot of you asked to see “Before” photos of Amber’s white kitchen, which I featured earlier today. She sent them to me and I just posted them here.

See More “Hooked on Your Kitchens” Contest Entries: Kitchen Stories

This is one of the entries submitted for my “Hooked on Your Kitchens” Contest. You’ll vote for your favorite soon, but I wanted to give you a chance to see and hear more about the kitchens first. One rule: keep comments polite and positive, please. Thanks!

Neal Dodson November 6, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Spectacular!

Amy in New Orleans November 6, 2012 at 1:12 pm

LOVE ALL THESE KITCHEN ENTRIES! We are currently renovating a large 1980s home in New Orleans and the kitchen will be next. My question is for the lovely folks posting… To those of you who splurged on luxury appliances, are you happy with them? I’ve been flipping a coin over KitchenAid, Jenn-air and Viking and was just curios? Or are there any cooktops, double ovens, etc. you all recommend? Just trying to gauge where it’s best to put our money and what will be better for resale should we ever move. Thanks!

hookedonhouses November 6, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Great question!

Renee in California November 6, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I purchased all KitchenAid: commercial range with griddle, counter depth fridge, built in microwave, and dishwasher. I’ve been using them for a year now and love them. Saved a lot of money too : )

Joan November 6, 2012 at 5:53 pm

For us, anyway, high-end designer appliances were not part of the plan. We bought a counter-depth Samsung ‘fridge (the counter-depth expense WAS worth it), an Electrolux range, and a Kitchen Aid dishwasher. We love all of it, and are quite happy we splurged on other things.

We didn’t worry too much about resale, because a buyer will either be OK with what’s there, or improve to their taste. Either way, there were things that were more important to US than luxury appliances, so we went with what WE wanted. Hope that helps.

Amy in New Orleans November 6, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Completely agree on the counter-depth fridge! We’ve remodeled a few foreclosures within the last few years and always suggested those to our buyers. You spend more money for less space (Oh, the irony…) but it’s worth every penny. Kitchen-Aid makes a great dishwasher too. I’ve been enjoying one in our current home, but we are moving from a newer home built in 2006 to a 1980 vintage model on better land. This should be fun!

Carrie November 6, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I did a GE Monogram 6 burner range – and It is my favorite. But, my dw and ref and mw are ge profile. If you want to splurge and enjoy cooking – then do your range higher end and be more modest on your other appliances. Appliances, in general, aren’t built to last a lifetime anymore – sadly….

Amy in New Orleans November 6, 2012 at 10:42 pm

This range is stunning! Love that it’s functional for you, but also like a beautiful piece of jewelry right in the middle of this gorgeous kitchen.

Marie C. November 6, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Carrie – I was wondering how the pot-filler has worked out for you? Would you do it again if you were starting over? Just wondering, because I would still have to walk over to the sink to dump the water out of the pot after cooking if I do this in my kitchen re-do. Help!

Joan November 6, 2012 at 5:55 pm

That’s a great question, Marie. Every designer we talked to said “Don’t bother” and the two people I know who have the pot-filler agreed.

But that’s just a small sample of opinion. I’m sure there are cooks who can’t live without it :)

Patricia November 7, 2012 at 12:56 pm

We had a poot-filler leak while we were away wtih family over Christmas. Its just one more thing to break – or in our case – leak!

Joan November 9, 2012 at 10:39 am

Oh, Patricia, how awful!
(I can relate to a water leak while on vacation…the pipes froze in our 135-year-old house while we were gone. We came home to a flooded kitchen that had to be gutted.)

Marie C. November 6, 2012 at 5:27 pm

P. S. WONDERFUL Kitchen!!!! Just gorgeous!

Carrie November 6, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I would defnitely do the pot filler again. It makes it a cinch to fill super big pots and to add water to simmering soups. You do still have to dump at the sink – but it is very handy to not have to drag big pots over to fill.

Joan November 9, 2012 at 10:39 am

I still wish we had done it!

Amy in New Orleans November 6, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Thank you guys so much for the appliance opinions! I have a great gas Kitchenaid cooktop here in the home I’m selling (Julia featured it a few months ago) and really want to take it with me, but I’m pretty sure the guy offering a lease-purchase arrangement wouldn’t like that too much. The “new” home has an old dinosaur Jenn-air down draft that quite frankly scares me! I’ve been told your flames get sucked in on a down draft, which makes for uneven cooking. I LOVE to cook, so we’re just trying to balance what’s really going to matter.

Shabby Chick November 7, 2012 at 10:51 am

Another great kitchen! This contest is super fun Julia!!! ;)

Joan November 9, 2012 at 10:40 am