Amber’s New White Kitchen: 1990s No More

Welcome to Amber’s kitchen. She writes, “Here’s my labor of love. My husband and I gutted our 1990’s kitchen with vinyl tiles, and laminate counters. He planned the layout and I chose the design.” The results are impressive. Here’s how it looked before:

Hard to believe it’s the same room, isn’t it? Here it is now:

Gorgeous! And I see no traces of the 1990s left, that’s for sure. Thanks, Amber!

See More “Hooked on Your Kitchens” Contest Entries: Kitchen Stories.

This is one of the entries submitted for my “Hooked on Your Kitchens” Contest. You’ll vote for your favorite soon, but I wanted to give you a chance to see and hear more about the kitchens first. I’ll try to post some more today. One rule: keep comments polite and positive. Thanks!

Comments

1. Mary Ellen says

one word – “BEAUTIFUL” . I’m green with envy.

2. Kate says

This Kitchen is beautiful – I only wish there were some before pictures too!

That kitchen is exquisite! I think I need to be invited over for coffee to get a better feel for just how amazing it is :)

In the first picture, under the cabinets on the left, it looks like a little glass block window-what is that? There are too many gorgeous details to mention and not one trace of 90’s left for sure! Amazing!

4. Ann Marie says

I would LOVE to know what color the cabinets are. I love they aren’t as bright “white” as the trim. I also love the little window in the back splash in photo 1.

Looking from the fabulous kitchen to the deck is still the 90’s. Scale of the interior furnishings is great & a nice mix. Why the clunky scale on the deck & rooms-to-go ‘look’?

Boards need to be stained for interior/exterior to flow into a vanishing threshold.

Perhaps that’s next. Would be another great before/after. They are a team of talent.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

6. Shabby Chick says

*PLONK*…..stunning…..amazing…..drop dead gorgeous. 😉

7. Mary Jo says

Beautiful! I like the dark wood floor and island, they give warmth to balance all the gorgeous white. I also like that it is so open to the other areas.

Love the cabinetry!! The uppers, the glass, the furniture-style bases… I wish I had chosen that for my kitchen!

• says

For all of you who asked, Amber just sent me a couple of before photos and I posted them. The transformation is pretty amazing, isn’t it?

9. elizabeth says

I saw this kitchen on Cote De Texas. You should Amber her to share pictures of the rest of the house. It is gorgeous!

10. Teresa says

One word… Stunning! Love the farmhouse sink and the glass cabinetry. Everything is well planned and thought out.

WOW. WOW. WOW.

My dream kitchen. Going into the ol’ ‘permanent home’ inspiration file this one….

12. Debbie says

GORGEOUS!!!! I’m so impressed that they did this themselves! It’s absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! (Love those little windows above the countertop to the left of the stove.)

13. Rebecca C. says

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful remodel. Great job!

14. Kim says

What a gorgeous transformation. There’s nothing I dislike about Amber’s kitchen.

I love what the family has done to their whole house. They took every room into consideration and I love that. I think their house would be worth sharing on your blog.

15. Monica says

Gorgeous, and great job! One question, can you find out who makes the double pendant above the island? Would love to put that in our new house! Thanks!!

16. Joan says

Can I add one more Wow! ?? That is the most fabulous renovation ever. Everything about it is just perfect. Congratulations to Amber and her husband on a job well done.

It’s gorgeous!

17. Becky says

Holy cow this is the most wow make over I’ve seen. Makes me want to rip everything put and start over. Gorgeous!!

18. Kimberly says

Beautiful transformation! Yes, hard to believe it’s the same room.

19. JAN says

This is one of my favorite kitchens ever,love everything about it! Lucky family to have this inviting space to enjoy everyday. This is so enjoyable, sharing the heart of the home.

20. meg says

That is one extreme makeover! Gorgeous.
    We are gutting our and I will certainly use this as a source of inspiration.
    Would you mind asking Amber if she has 10 foot ceilings please? I like the glass cabinets topped with solid, but not sure if it’ll work in my post-War home.
    Thank you for considering!

21. Signe says

Such a fantastic transformation. Great layout and amazing choices for appliances, hardware, cabinets, window treatments, etc…. all in all, just a fabulous kitchen!!!

Absolutely stunning. One can see this is a kitchen for someone who cooks, aka a real kitchen. Those big drawers are the best addition to any kitchen. This is a really great before and after!

23. Regina says

Fantastic kitchen-love everything! Can you tell me any information on the cabinet knobs and pulls? Thanks!

24. liz says

I LOVE THIS KITCHEN!!!! I am thinking about remodeling my kitchen, so I have literally looked at hundreds of photos – but this one stopped me in my tracks!! There is just something about this space which I became immediately attracted to. I love everything about it – especially the fact that even though it is all white – it has a very warm and cozy feel to it. This is an amazing and extremely well thought out renovation – my absolute favorite so far!!!

25. jamie says

I have been drooling over this kitchen! Oh how I wish our remodel turns out with this same feeling. Great inspiration!

26. Menahil says

<3<3<3<3
    GORGEOUS!! The last pic WOWED me, If that was my kitchen I'd nvr leave the house!