“Up All Night:” Searching for Ava’s Quatrefoil Curtains

by hookedonhouses on April 23, 2012

Every time NBC airs an episode of the Christina Applegate sitcom Up All Night, I get letters from readers asking where they can find the curtains in Ava’s office. I can understand why. Maya Rudolph is pretty funny as talk-show host Ava, but I find myself distracted by the window treatments with the quatrefoil pattern whenever she’s in her office. Then I try to figure out–are they black and white? Or a dark chocolate brown? (Still not sure. What do you think?)

Today I ran across some panels at Z Gallerie with the same quatrefoil pattern. Check ‘em out:

They’re “Mimosa Panels in Charcoal.”

They also come in aquamarine:

Hard to beat the price. They’re only $49.95 per panel. They used to have other colors, as well, like apple green and orchid, but they’ve been taken off the Z Gallerie website. (Boo!)

In my searches, I have found that the fabric is most often referred to as a Moroccan Quatrefoil Lattice pattern. I did find what appears to be the same fabric used for her curtains on pillows sold on Etsy, like this one you can buy from WillaSkyeHome:

No curtains yet, though. If anyone finds an exact match for them somewhere, let us know!

P.S. Do you watch the show? I think it’s pretty funny and hope it gets renewed for a second season. I still miss Christina Applegate’s other sitcom, Samantha Who? I wrote about the sets on that show here.

Also Searching for: Victoria’s Chair and the Real Grayson Mansion from the TV Show Revenge.

Luciane at Homebunch.com April 23, 2012 at 8:27 am

Good morning, Julia!

I don’t watch this show, but I really like what you’ve done here! Great job!

Wishing you a very blessed week!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Luciane at Homebunch.com April 23, 2012 at 8:30 am

Oh, I forgot.. they’re probably a custom, but I’ll let you know if I find these curtains for you.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

JP April 23, 2012 at 8:28 am

I’ve been looking for the same thing in the opposite colorway–white with black–so keep me posted if you discover any sources! :)

hookedonhouses April 23, 2012 at 8:46 am

I found the white with black on a custom drapery site–they start at about $224 per panel, but they’re gorgeous:

Christina from Dallas April 23, 2012 at 9:05 am

I have watched that show before and it’s really funny! But, I have lost track on what night it’s on. Do you get many comments about the set from “Cougar Town”? I love the set decoration of Ellie’s house. It’s so pretty. So funny too because the character is so sarcastic and tough and was to suppose to be born on Valentine’s Day. Quite a paradox.

hookedonhouses April 23, 2012 at 9:11 am

Oh, yeah, I love “Cougar Town.” I wrote a post about those sets–including Ellie’s pink and green house–here: http://hookedonhouses.net/2011/03/15/cougar-town-the-houses-of-the-cul-de-sac-crew/

I’m hoping they renew it for another season. Fingers crossed!

Molly @thewaffler April 23, 2012 at 9:05 am

I could swear I’ve seen them on the Smith + Noble site, but nope — I’m wrong. I’ll keep my eye out for you.

Jenny April 23, 2012 at 9:20 am

If anyone wants to go super cheap, check Target often for new table cloth patterns. Their rectangular table cloths double as curtain panels if you get the clip rings to hang them up.

Laura April 23, 2012 at 9:35 am

Good tip! I did that with some Pottery Barn tablecloths that were on sale.

Kim Porter @ mylifeincolorblog April 23, 2012 at 9:58 am

So smart!!!

hookedonhouses April 24, 2012 at 8:02 am

Never would have thought to do that. Thanks, Jenny!

Western Warmth April 23, 2012 at 9:33 am

I really like the look, especially in bright colors, but it also seems trendy…like Chevron…when do you think the Chevron craze will end?

hookedonhouses April 24, 2012 at 8:05 am

I’ve been hearing that Chevron is a trend on its way out for at least a year now. I don’t know–maybe it’s already out, but I still like it. Those zigzaggy patterns look cheerful to me! :)

Rory Lee April 23, 2012 at 11:10 am

I have these curtains in my kitchen sitting area!! I looked forever for some that I loved and finally found these. I got them last summer and then that show came on and I was like “there’s my curtains!!”. It made me feel like I had pretty good taste. I have the exact ones Ava has and I added some charcoal and yellow accents. Love them! You can see them on my blog here: http://princessescapades.blogspot.com/2011/11/pinterest-challenge-project.html

hookedonhouses April 23, 2012 at 11:13 am

How pretty! Thanks!

Nathan April 23, 2012 at 11:24 am

I think the panels are chocolate but I’ve had cheap “black” stuff that when held in light, look rather “chocolatey” lol.

hookedonhouses April 24, 2012 at 8:06 am

Yeah, I think maybe they are just a very dark brown. I stare at them in every scene and sometimes they look black, sometimes brown.

Jodi from New Jersey April 23, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Hi. Country Curtains has a similar style–called “Yorkshire” & comes in Onyx, Quartz , or Mist . They’re $99.50 per 84″ panel . They are pretty, but not my fave from this company. Love the catalog and I worked at one of their stores in N.J. for almost 2 years. The stores are really something to see. It’s worth the trip if you live fairly close.

hookedonhouses April 23, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I hadn’t seen those. Thanks, Jodi! Here’s the link if anyone wants to see them:

Emma April 23, 2012 at 12:31 pm

You know what I really love in Up All Night? Their mint green headboard! Gorgeous!

Lolo April 23, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Target actually has a similar print curtains in store right now (I think its called Fretwork – a smaller repeated print of above):

I absolutely LOVE Christina Applegate. If Up all Night doesnt get picked up for another season, I will spiral into a depression just like when Samantha Who got cancelled! I actually just DVR’d all the re-runs of SW recently to watch again….she is so darn funny !

hookedonhouses April 23, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Thanks, Lolo!

Amanda @ Serenity Now April 23, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I do love that pattern. I wonder if someone very industrious and crafty could stencil their own?

hookedonhouses April 24, 2012 at 8:07 am

Bet they could! Too bad I’m not very industrious or crafty. Ha.

Holley April 25, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Maybe you could find it or make it at http://www.spoonflower.com/welcome

Kim April 23, 2012 at 2:09 pm

What a nice pattern. I wouldn’t mind having curtains like those someday.

Karena April 23, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Love the show, although I do not get to watch often and yes the curtains!! I have seen them at Z Gallerie or a similar version.

I am featuring Designer and Paper Artist Anita Rivera from Castle Crowns and Cottages on my site! She is amazing!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Jen April 23, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I love Christina Applegate’s office set on the show. Would love to see a post with all the details.

beth April 23, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Waverly has a similar fretwork pattern

Coasting anon April 23, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I love those curtains…I used the apple green ones to make colr block curtains for my son’s adventure big-boy room. You can see pics here: http://www.flor.com/blog/a-big-boys-adventurerexplorer-bedroom/

hookedonhouses April 23, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Oh, wow, it looks great! What a wonderful room for a little boy to grow up in. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Karen April 23, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Wavwely sold these through Lowe’s and I believe are an exact match.

hookedonhouses April 24, 2012 at 8:08 am

Checked my Lowe’s but didn’t see them. Bummer.

Sue April 24, 2012 at 8:46 am

I saw them at 2 stores here in western NY, near Lake Ontario. Have you tried Lowes.com?

hookedonhouses April 24, 2012 at 9:40 am

Yes, and there are many more online than in my local store. Still couldn’t find this particular quatrefoil pattern, though. The closest I found was this in various colors. Is that the one you guys are talking about? I scanned through all of them a few times, but maybe I’m just missing it!

Sue April 24, 2012 at 9:58 am

Those are the house brand (Allen & Roth) drapes. I’m thinking you want to look at their Waverly collection. However, another reader pointed out that the Waverly design is close but does not earn the cigar, so perhaps I’ve sent you on the proverbial wild goose chase :-(

While we are on the subject of Lowe’s, let me brag about my latest find there, two sage-green Roman shades on their marked-down shelf priced at $2.31 (yep that’s two-and-change). They go beautifully underneath my eggplant draperies! Less than 5 bux!!

hookedonhouses April 24, 2012 at 10:44 am

I just looked through all the Waverly valances and window treatments again and can’t find it. I wonder if it’s been discontinued or something? Hmm.

Can’t believe you got those shades for $2.31! Wow! They pretty much gave those away! :)

Sue April 24, 2012 at 10:17 am

In checking out Lowes.com, I found a similar? identical? quatrefoil pattern in their house brand (Allen & Roth) wallpaper called “Spanish tile.” Can’t help but think they have matching draperies.

LizL April 23, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Just found your blog…love it!

I also love the homes and details on Up All Night…and I am dying to find Chris and Regan’s robin’s egg blue nailhead headboard…any ideas??

hookedonhouses April 24, 2012 at 8:09 am

Nailhead headboards are everywhere now. Shouldn’t be too hard to find a similar one. Most places let you choose the color to upholster it with. I just ordered one myself from JCP.com, but I went with “buckwheat,” a more neutral color.

The Little Red Shop April 24, 2012 at 12:51 am

So…um, am I the only one who sees the humor in y’all being foiled multiple times in your efforts to find a source for those drapes.

Get it?

: )

Julie M.

ps I’ve seen it a couple of times and thought it was funny.

hookedonhouses April 24, 2012 at 8:10 am

Ha!

Carol@HouseandHomeDefined April 24, 2012 at 5:43 am

I did some custom drapes for a client using aWaverly pattern in black and white that was very similar, just smaller scale. I don’t recall the name of it, but it can bd found on line easily at a great price. I loved Samantha Who, too!!

Sue April 24, 2012 at 7:43 am

Lowe’s. The big box hardware store. No kidding. And about 10 bux cheaper than Z Gallerie.

Patty April 24, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I’d love to get a close look at the drapes in the house that Madeline Weston (Sharon Gless) lives in on Burn Notice.

Briauna April 25, 2012 at 12:56 am

I had to laugh because I just found your website and seeing this post I felt like someone else understands my constant wondering and searching. I have been hunting for these curtains from the first time I saw them on the show. I even emailed the show asking about them. But, of course they don’t reply to individual emails. I am gushing over the ones at Z Gallerie but my husband is in medical school and I am on a tight budget and fifty dollars a panel is just too much. I have six windows in my bedroom! If anyone finds them I would love to know! :)

Jennifer April 25, 2012 at 10:38 am

Here is a pic of the Waverly ones: http://homebedroomdecor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Waverly-curtains.jpg

I have them in a brownish color and love them. Got them from Lowe’s over a year ago.

hookedonhouses April 25, 2012 at 10:47 am

Thanks, Jennifer! I like that fabric. I wonder if Lowe’s stopped carrying them?

Darlene April 25, 2012 at 12:33 pm

the curtains are sold at lowe’s………

verna April 26, 2012 at 6:54 pm

here is the same fabric that Lowes used to have the curtains of. I have them and love them, the curtains. Its funny because Waverly’s site actually shows a picture of the curtains but Lowes doesnt seem to have them any more. It is black and cream with a touch of goldish beige bordering the cream that you really don’t notice unless you are close

hookedonhouses April 26, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I like that–thanks for the link!

verna April 26, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I just looked and i still had info on the curtains from Lowe’s. the item # is 0042573 and the bar code is 85308 07276.
they could prob see if any Lowe’s still had them.

hookedonhouses April 26, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Thanks, Verna!

iseefit April 30, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I know I’m late on this, and I think someone else already mentioned it but, I just bout the Farrah Fretwork Panels at Tar-Jay for only $19.99 a pair. I purchased them in rust, but am going back to get them in black and white for my bedroom!