10 Pretty Pink Rooms for Valentine’s Day

by hookedonhouses on February 14, 2012

I’m not usually much of a “pink person,” but there’s something about Valentine’s Day that brings it out in me. I’ve been pinning lots of pretty rooms like these to my boards on Pinterest. There’s something about pink that adds a little romance to any room…

#1. A shabby romantic living room from Cabbages & Roses.

#2. A dining room with rustic accents in House to Home.

#3. A simple and sweet home office featured on Apartment Therapy.

#4. Kirstie Alley’s cottage kitchen in Maine (for sale).

#5. Phoebe Howard is the master at creating soft and dreamy bedrooms like this one.

#6. This hot pink foyer made a statement in House Beautiful.

#7. I’m in love with the pink Smeg fridge shown in House Beautiful.

#8. A fun hang-out for the kids in Apartment Therapy

#9. The punches of pink make this room from Decor Pad pop.

#10. The pale pink walls in this bathroom set the scene in Casaviva Magazine.

These rooms make me want to add a little more pink to my life! How about you? Do you love pink or is it more than you can handle? If you’re on Pinterest, have you been pinning any pretty rooms lately?

P.S. Hope your Valentine’s Day is sweet! :-)

Like pink? Check out Betsey Johnson’s very pink penthouse!

Julie February 14, 2012 at 8:48 am

Gorgoeus rooms! Happy Valentine’s Day!

Luciane at Homebunch.com February 14, 2012 at 9:01 am

Happy Valentine’s Day, Julia!!!

Beautiful and oh, so romantic! I love the 1st one!

I hope you feel loved today! :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Rick February 14, 2012 at 9:04 am

Julia,
When my wife and I bought our c.1978 house the formal livingroom was pepto pink with country blue carpet. We re-did kids rooms first and then the livingroom got new tan carpet and ritz cracker tan walls. The combination of pink and blue made the room look dated, in a bad way. The rose on cream toile wallpaper in foyer,stairs and hall looks better but will be updated this year.
If you have never seen the “Save the Pink Bathroom” web site you should take a look.
rick
ps is Maizie sporting pink today?

hookedonhouses February 14, 2012 at 9:07 am

She’s got a new pink sweater and a collar to match! :)

Jane February 14, 2012 at 11:45 am

So cute that Maizie has a pink collar, etc.

Love the pink Smeg fridge, reminds me of one we had in my parents home, probably a different brand but vintage.

My gift to husband on Valentine’s Day is flowers ( yes, men can get flowers) and for my daughter-in-law who is expecting her first child, a book contrasting French parenting styles with American ones.

Guilty secret….I bought it partly because I thought the cover would look nice in a nursery or family room and it might spark conversations. Always got decor in my mind . But books do make a room so much nicer.

Black Eyed Susans Kitchen February 14, 2012 at 9:13 am

Happy Valentines Day Julia! I am trying to find the perfect shell pink for the inside of my closet.

Design is... All in the Detail February 14, 2012 at 9:33 am

OMG… I am in love! Bookmarking that first picture… I am in the process of redesigning my game room and the start of it’s elements remind me of that first pic. Comfortable and ‘people friendly’. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Valentine’s Day.

hookedonhouses February 14, 2012 at 9:44 am

I love that one, too. You can see more photos from that house here: http://hookedonhouses.net/2010/06/03/at-home-with-country-more-good-summer-reading/

Molly @thewaffler February 14, 2012 at 10:14 am

PInk is my daughter’s favorite color, so how could I not enjoy this post? I agree with you and Design is in All the Details — that first pic is lovely. I’m glad the wallpaper trend is still around and would love to put some in my house if I could ever decide between all the amazing ones out there.

Tricia February 14, 2012 at 10:19 am

Love them all except Kirstie’s kitchen. That one made me have a mini-throw up. Just a little. Waaaayyy too cute. But the rest were awesome, thanks!

Pat February 14, 2012 at 10:19 am

I’m not a big fan of pink unless it’s very pale, but I do love that first picture! The more I see it though…I do like it in accents.

Dawn February 14, 2012 at 11:05 am

Great post Julia. Lately I’ve seen some photos from Pinterest on pink rooms that I found to be quite attractive without being ‘cute’ or ‘childish’. These photos you have are fantastic and i’m definately adding them to my boards. I’ve got a spare bedroom that might benefit from some of the inspiration to be had here.

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints February 14, 2012 at 11:17 am

love those white slipcovered barstools. happy v-day friend.

Lori-Anne February 14, 2012 at 11:31 am

I have a bit of a hate-on for pink, I will admit. However, I could totally move right into the rooms in pic 1, 7 and 10, like, today! If all pinks could edge themselves into my world the way they do here, I could even become a fan!

Sarah @ housecrazy February 14, 2012 at 11:46 am

Pink is not really my thing either. But I think it can be used effectively in combination with other colors. Guess it depends on what kind of mood I’m in!

Des February 14, 2012 at 11:53 am

Just gorgeous! Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
~Des

Amy @ The Button Casa February 14, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Since I have 3 girls we have lots of pink. My middle girl has outgrown it but our youngest has a bold pink room, sort of salmon-ish. I’m not a huge fan of pink but I love that hot pink foyer and the kitchen (#7).

Aryn February 14, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I think I could handle #9 where just the chairs are pink, but some of the others are a bit too much!!

Laura February 14, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I do love the color pink and my husband was kind enough to let me paint our stairway hall a pale pink, like in the last picture. He was even kinder to paint it the second time when the first color turned out to be way too Pepto-Bismolly. Pink is tricky to get right, but with the light coming in the windows and down the stairway, it’s just beautiful.

kadie kowalewski February 14, 2012 at 12:31 pm

LOVE the pink and yellow smeg fridge, also the green claw foot tub.

Kim February 14, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day Julia! I hope you get to do something special today.

My favorite rooms are the first and ninth ones. I love how simple touches of pink were added here and there instead of going all out. That way the decor, could easily be changed out if needed. I couldn’t handle a room where almost everything was pink themed.

petra voegtle February 14, 2012 at 2:17 pm

You are right – I am not the type of pink person either but the choices you showed here are really sweet and very inspirational!!
Happy Valentine’s Day to you too!!!

Moi February 14, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I’m not a pink person either, but those rooms are very lovely and appropriate today!

I am kind of laughing at #3, though — its very AT, very “every current trend”. Minimalist desk? Check. Natural seagrass carpet? Check. Quirky accent (cuckoo clock)? Check. White animal decor (elephant)? Check.

I bet only one wall is pink… the accent wall.

hookedonhouses February 14, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Ha! So true.

T. February 14, 2012 at 3:08 pm

When we bought our home (20 years ago), the family room had dark pink carpet and baby blue walls, with a blue and pink paisley wallpaper border. I took down the border and painted the walls, but we lived with the dark pink carpet for 8 years! I stopped seeing it after awhile.

NJ Cellulose Insulation Installer February 14, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Pink can be an intimidating color for some. However, when used in small amounts or as an accent color- it can make a room look stunning!

Magali February 14, 2012 at 3:46 pm

That first picture went straight to my inspiration file… I’ve always considered myself a “pink attracted person”… But as French people say “too much pink kills the pink” (word for word translation)… The first picture seems to have just the right amount!

hookedonhouses February 14, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Love that saying–so true! I think a little bit of pink goes a long way. :-)

Erin February 14, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Love these, Julia! Especially #7 :) Happy Valentine’s Day to you!!

polly dove February 14, 2012 at 5:33 pm

oooooohhhhh …. and I am ALL about PINK!!! (I have a Pinterest board dedicated just to pretty pink things !) My husband was even game for painting two (not one, but TWO) of our living rooms bubble gum pink! Sounds tacky, but it was really quite fabulous. :) Happy Valentine’s Day!

Amanda @ Serenity Now February 14, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Pink is my favorite color, but I don’t use it for decorating b/c my poor hubs lives with 3 girls and a girl dog. My oldest’s nursery is pink/green, but it will hopefully soon be the craft room/guest room, so we’ll see if it stays that way. The room she shares with her sis now is purple and green….

Love that pink fridge. It makes me happy. :)

Karena February 14, 2012 at 8:15 pm

All are gorgeous, I really love the Phoebe Howard bedroom!

Happy Valentines Julia!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Christine February 14, 2012 at 9:41 pm

And don’t forget Meg Ryan’s pink house in Sleepless in Seattle!

hookedonhouses February 14, 2012 at 9:45 pm
Juju @ Tales of Whimsy.com February 15, 2012 at 9:25 am

How lovely. I adore the first one. Happy belated Valentine’s day!

jodi from new jersey February 16, 2012 at 6:52 am

Beautiful! The first two are my favorites. Pink in a new, farmhouse context—perfect! Going over to check out those two blogs right now. Thanks , Julia!

Ricki Jill Treleaven February 16, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I love pink, and I love this post!!! :D

Our dining room was ballet slipper pink at one time. We listed our house literally right before the housing market crashed, and the realtor made us paint it. I regret it now because we took our house off the market. It is called ballerina pink by Benjamin Moore. I might just repaint that room!

xo,
Ricki Jill

hookedonhouses February 17, 2012 at 8:40 am

I say go for it, Ricki Jill! Sounds lovely.

Wendy February 17, 2012 at 12:58 am

Gasp! I LOVE that bathroom. If that were in my house, I’d never leave the room.

Jessica February 20, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Pale pink is my absolute favorite color! :-) I have a lot of accessories (pillows, dishes, lamp shades, quilts etc.) that are pink in my home. None of our walls or furniture are pink, although some have pink accents, yet some people imply that I have too much pink. Ha Oh, well. Pink makes me happy, and my husband doesn’t have a hang up about it like some men do. He is secure in his manhood, and pink and flowers don’t feel threatening to him. Ha
Thanks for all the pretty pictures! ;-)

SUE MELLO February 25, 2012 at 9:43 am

Oh my goodness, Julia, YOU ARE KILLING ME!!! (in a good way, of course!)….I’m not a huge pink fan, but that bathroom? Calgon, take me away! So pretty…keep up the good work!

jrox October 19, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I love Kirstie Allen’s kitchen. Shabby chic is so pretty, especially in pink. Almost every room in my house is some shade of pink