Real Estate Sampler: 7 of My Readers’ Houses For Sale

by hookedonhouses on February 5, 2012

#1. A Stone Cottage Overlooking a Bay in Ireland.

#2. Colonial-Style Two-Story in the Heart of Old Greenwich.

#3. An End-Unit Townhome with Loft in New Jersey.

#4. A Custom-Built Home on Lake Simcoe in Ontario.

#5. A Garden Designer’s Cottage Bungalow in Alabama.

#6. Spacious Tuscan Home with “Resort Backyard” in Scottsdale.

#7. A Charming 1901 Farmhouse in Pennsylvania.

Thanks to all of my readers who submitted their listings for this 3-part series. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you that they sell soon! -Julia :-)

Laura February 5, 2012 at 9:25 am

If I could just pack my family up and move to Pennsylvania or Alabama!

Laura February 5, 2012 at 9:26 am

The blue cottage is my favorite because it looks like it would be very cozy inside and the outside has great landscaping.

Luciane at Homebunch.com February 5, 2012 at 9:57 am

You only have chic readers, eh? :-) Look at these gorgeous homes!!! I love this series, Julia. It’s so fun!

Have a wonderful day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Siobhan February 5, 2012 at 10:08 am

The stone cottage in Ireland looks close to being my dream house.

Christina from Dallas February 5, 2012 at 10:25 am

That Scotsdale house is out of this world gorgeous!! The Ireland home is so charming as well as the farmhouse in Pennylvannia.

Kate February 5, 2012 at 10:31 am

Why is the Greenwich house so expensive??

The Scottsdale house is amazing…the PA house is cozy and charming. My favorite is that Massachusetts house from a few weeks ago with the stunning views. That was the perfect size and perfect amount of luxury vs. practicality.

Laura February 5, 2012 at 10:58 am

Greenwich is a very wealthy community and an easy commute to Manhattan.

Adam February 9, 2012 at 10:59 am

Kate, Greenwich is a gorgeous community that has a LOT to offer it’s residents, but it is by far the most expensive community in Connecticut. If you go further up the shoreline of Connecticut, you can find some nice communities that are still a quick shot to NYC. For instance, my wife and I live in Milford, CT where the home prices are much more reasonable and it’s just a short 45 minute ride into the city…NOT BAD!!

Sabrina February 5, 2012 at 10:36 am

the pennsylvania house is gorgeous! and the landscaping at the blue cottage is just beautiful. off I go back to renovating our own kitchen. big sigh :)

Laura February 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

Love the Pennsylvania farmhouse. I would add some color to the walls, but the kitchen is gorgeous and I’d kill for that stove!!

Sarah @ housecrazy February 5, 2012 at 11:25 am

The Irish stone cottage is divine….
but the garden cutie in Alabama is just scrumptious!

coasterkim February 5, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Julia, thank you SOOOO much for including Scott’s condo on your blog! We are so proud and hope maybe someone will see it who will think it’s perfect for them. We really appreciate your kindness and are crossing our fingers so we can live together once we’re married in May!

Kim & Scott

Earth Ocean Sky Redux February 5, 2012 at 1:32 pm

These houses for sale is looking at the economic spectrum that is the USA. The small house in Greenwich for a million because, as Laura said, the Greenwich market can demand and sustain such prices. Yet the farmhouse, far prettier and with far more charm, merely $184,000. Regional architecture in the homes you’ve chosen is also incredibly wide-ranging and intriguing – how the Southwest house is bold and strong, versus the Alabama cottage, so quiet and demure. As a fellow house-junkie, I love this segment the most, seeing what others have for sale out there. Thanks.

Deb from Oz February 5, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Love them all and could happily move into any of them!

Pat February 5, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Again, I love seeing where you readers live, and it appears that they all live very well! This really proves that home is what you make it and it should totally suit your needs and personality.
I found great appeal in each home, I would be hard pressed to choose. Good luck to each of the home owners in their sales!

Lori-Anne February 5, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Okay. I TOTALLY want that house in Ireland!!! Now if I could just find a way to re-root myself there… In the meantime, it’s been a welcome escape picturing me and my brood making ourselves at home there. Thanks!

Julie @ The Family CEO February 5, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Your readers have the most delightful houses. I guess that makes sense since they are all probably “hooked on houses” too. I love that Irish cottage!

Kim February 5, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I can’t decide which one’s my favorite. I like them all in there own ways. If I were to buy one though, I would go with the home in Ontario.

Mandy February 5, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Julia, Thank you so much for including my house with such a beautiful line-up of homes. It is so encouraging to hear the nice comments on our homes and hopefully we will all sell soon!

Wendy February 6, 2012 at 12:40 am

Love that Pennsylvania house. I would want to surround it with a beautiful garden.

Z1 Bhubaneswar February 6, 2012 at 7:53 am

Yeah,
I enjoyed this housing photos, It’s really amazing, and I would love to see this type of luxurious homes photos more and more. It brings me my dream home pictures !

Have a great day.

Candy February 6, 2012 at 8:35 am

Thank you so much for featuring my house on your home tour. Our page views shot through the roof yesterday. Hopefully the new owner was in that crowd. Thanks again

hookedonhouses February 6, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Oh, good! Hope it helps. :)

Elixabeth February 6, 2012 at 9:53 am

That stone cottage is tdf!

Juju @ Tales of Whimsy.com February 6, 2012 at 10:15 am

I want to move into the Irish cottage.

Jane February 6, 2012 at 1:02 pm

The garden designer’s home has a lovely garden and comfy porch. Would love to see a feature on your readers’ guest rooms. Would be a neat theme for a day. Got the idea after staying in the guest room of a B&b, not my style but so comfortable and inviting, with reading nook and desk,etc. Wonder how others make their guests feel “at home”?

hookedonhouses February 6, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Fun idea, Jane! :)

Cottage Homes February 7, 2012 at 11:29 am

I feel like a cottage traitor but I am in LOVE with that farmhouse. What character!

Homevoyeurs February 7, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Love the cottage! But LOVE the farmhouse too. You Americans sure know what a home should look like!

Miranda February 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I’m in love w/the PA farmhouse. Only possible drawback: it you google the address (which is on the realtor’s site) you’ll see it’s smack up against an airfield.

Mandy February 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm

You are correct that it is right next to an “airfield”, but the airfield is actually a strip of cleared pasture that a few hobbyists use for their two- and four-seater planes. It is used just often enough to be interesting to watch, but not so often as to be annoying! But I can totally understand why it would be a concern!

Kirsten February 7, 2012 at 6:29 pm

What adorable homes! Awesome you have a list of these adorable houses for sale right here on your blog. I know your readers are loving it. The custom build home in Ontario is super cute.

Rebekah February 8, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Thanks for showing such a great variety of homes! Love this series!! I find myself captivated by the PA farmhouse. It looks like a home made for a family. Also really enjoyed the Ontario home. It’s decorated beautifully.

Angfreda February 11, 2012 at 11:55 am

I know they say to remove clutter and family pics… but that NJ townhouse looks so blank to me. Particularly the dining room and bedroom. Maybe it’s me, and my addiction to ‘stuff’? Just not my ‘style’? It’s a great price though!
That PA Farmhouse is to die for! Love it.
Did not look at the Irish cottage cause I don’t feel like torturing myself, I know I would love it.

Karen February 12, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Love the cottage bungalow–such a beautiful garden.

Amy Schmidt March 15, 2012 at 10:36 am

Hi Julia –

I just love your site. In fact, I spend my lunch with you (your site) each day! I am not sure if you are still featuring houses for sale by your fans but if so, I wanted to throw ours in for consideration. It’s a great 1855 Colonial on the Jersey Shore about 50 minutes south of NYC. We like to think of it as an old home made hip! :) Here is the website with images and contact information.
Thanks for considering and keep up the great work!

hookedonhouses March 15, 2012 at 1:27 pm

What a charming house! I love it. I’ll add it to my list for future readers’ listings. Thanks, Amy, and best of luck with it! -Julia :-)

casacaudill March 27, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I’m trying to figure out how I can convince the owner of the cottage in Ireland to switch with me. :-)

{ 1 trackback }