For Sale: Santa Barbara Style in Seattle

by hookedonhouses on December 4, 2011

This lovely limestone and stucco house with a barrel-tile roof is described in its listing as a “stunning Santa Barbara-style two-story in Seattle.” It’s located in the upscale Broadmoor area and is on the market for about $4.6 million. Let’s take a look!

The house is extremely neutral.  As I went through these photos I didn’t see much more than endless shades of white, brown, and black.

I would need more color than that if I lived here, but it’s new and clearly staged to sell. The (lack of a) color scheme really makes the architecture of the house and the beautiful stained woodwork stand out, doesn’t it?

The listing states that it was “rebuilt as new in 2010.”

It would be fun to decorate this house for Christmas!

The house has 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, and 4,260 sq feet.

I’m loving this big kitchen and all the windows:

There’s a cozy banquette tucked into the corner:

The walk-in pantry:

The countertops are marble, but the island is topped with wood. That really works with the style of the house more than an all-white-marble kitchen would:

The kitchen door leads to a big backyard:

The back of the house:

Want it? For more information, check the listing by Hoady Spencer at Windermere. (Thanks to Kim for passing it along!)

Click Here to See More Listings, including a Charming Cottage in Carmel and a New House Built to Look Like a Classic David Adler.

Christina December 4, 2011 at 9:39 am

I think I’m in love! Gorgeous! I love all the arches and the wood trim. The bathroom is beautiful also! It would be out of my price range though even if I did move to Seattle. Great find!

Sheila Krehbiel December 4, 2011 at 9:40 am

Good morning, and thanks for this look into such a lovely home! I do love those arched doors and windows. And the pantry isn’t too shabby, either. Much to love about this house, esp. the non-cluttered look, limestone accents and brown and white color scheme.

Janet December 4, 2011 at 9:53 am

Perfection! It would be a crime to put color on the walls in this home. My only change would be location, it needs to BE in Santa Barbara . ;)

CeCe December 4, 2011 at 10:14 am

What a soothing house…the arched doorway from the kitchen out to the patio is charming. And I am in love love love with the kitchen: the island, the HUGE stove, the pantry. I could go on and on.

Too bad I don’t live on the West Coast.
And it’s really too bad that I don’t have millions!

But it sure is fun to look!

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints December 4, 2011 at 10:20 am

i have always been in love with this style of house. i dream of living in one someday. not sure my cottage/country style would fit in though.

Pat December 4, 2011 at 10:26 am

I think this might be my new favorite home!
I can’t find anything I don’t like about it, except maybe the hamper in the corner of the bedroom.
That is a kitchen from heaven…Oh how lucky to have a home like this.
Thanks for sharing, I will now go back and stare at the pictures!

Jessica December 4, 2011 at 10:36 am

We have so many wonderful historic homes here in Seattle and more often than not, they aren’t restored this thoughtfully, or beautifully…it makes me very happy to see that someone did just that, the details are gorgeous and so well done…this made my day!
xo J~

Lynn B December 4, 2011 at 10:37 am

Beautiful!! Maybe i could win the lottery real quick then rush up there and buy it? Yea, that will work! lol I could only dream.. Nice tour on a Sunday morning.

Kristen December 4, 2011 at 10:47 am

My new dream house! So perfect! :)

carla December 4, 2011 at 10:58 am

thats is one seriously gorgeoussssss home – beautifully redone! it reminds me of Daine Keaton’s spanish colonial in beverly hills — JUST FABULOUS!! 4.6 mill?? i dont know about that — but i would definitely give them 4.0! ha! :)

Karena December 4, 2011 at 11:41 am

It has some gorgeous architectural detail, I would want more color as well. It is expensive though!

Please Come and enter in Our 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways. There are so many exciting & special Gifts!

xoxo

Karena
Art by Karena

Lindab December 4, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Move me in and shut the door. I love it. I love the brown colors. To me, that is so cozy. I would add little pops of red (like the dining room rug). Just perfect

cherylK December 4, 2011 at 1:16 pm

This really is beautiful and you’re right…it’s staged to sell which is perfect because it allows the visitors to “picture” their furnishings and themselves living in this space. I just love that architectural style…would live there in a heartbeat.

Wayne December 4, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Very nice. That tile “rug” in the powder room is to die for. I would add color with furniture or art, it seems so serene as it is.

Jane December 4, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Absolutely beautiful. The exterior was deceiving but what a gem inside.

Margot December 4, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Wait a minute. Am I the only one who noticed the two sinks in the bathroom? I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer but it seems to me to be pointless to have two sinks in a bathroom if you have to stand BACK TO BACK! (“Would you please move to the side so I can get my towel/make up/shaver/hairbrush, etc out of the drawer/cabinet?”) Not to mention bending over to brush your teeth! Maybe it’s just me and my big behind…

Other than that small feature, I really like the house.

Kim December 4, 2011 at 4:22 pm

You’re Welcome! Thanks for sharing this lovely home.

This has got to be one of the best Santa Barbara styled homes I have ever seen. Most of the ones I have come across, have been just alright, but this home is so beautiful. I’m usually not a fan of white, brown, and black in a home, but I love this color scheme and wouldn’t change a thing. This is one of those homes where I love every single detail.

Jane December 4, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I must have a criminal mind because I think this house is absolutely crying out for some color! I’m not talking about bright, crazy wall paint necessarily, Even adding some artwork and/or colorful pillows would make it so much more homelike. Right now it reminds me of vanilla pudding…and that’s a shame because it’s got lovely architecture.

Neesha December 4, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I love this! And I bet my hubby will too! Definitely a good inspiration house for when we have the money to build our own dream house… maybe in 30 years LOL But OMG very nice, classy. I don’t mind the lack of color in the walls, it really makes the unique features standout. Very lovely. Thanks for sharing this gem with us.

Porchlight Interiors December 4, 2011 at 5:19 pm

This is a stunning home – gotta love that Santa Barbara style! I agree that some colourful accessories would add some life! Have a lovely day Julia! Tracey xx

Nita December 4, 2011 at 6:15 pm

White and brown, white and brown, white and brown, white an……..

Shaina December 4, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I haven’t commented before, although I’ve been lurking for awhile. OH MY GOSH this might be my new favorite house EVER. If only I had $4.6 million to spend on it. *sigh* Oh well, a girl can dream, right? Now, to pin every photo on Pinterest … :)

Dawn December 4, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I do love the house. Of course, I’m redcorating the house as I’m looking thru the pictures. One of the biggest misses on these houses that are staged is the total lack of foliage/greenery. I can understand keeping a neutral palette to appeal to the masses, but at least add foliage; plants and/or flowers to give color and life to the house. Makes a big difference.

Melissa December 4, 2011 at 11:19 pm

It’s sort of blah to me…for $4.6, I’ve seen many houses that I like more than this one…

ProjectHome December 4, 2011 at 11:59 pm

I love this house! I like to see houses that have clay tile roofs as that is what we have on our house. Thank you for sharing. The interior is beautiful as well! Really lovely!

Nikki

Kathy :) December 5, 2011 at 12:36 am

OMG I love everythng about it Julia…..stunning !!! Seriously I could move right in……

How r u ???

Merry Christmas,
Kathy :)

Billy December 5, 2011 at 2:10 am

Its like the kitchen from “Something’s Got to Give” and the average third-Hollywood-wife: very pretty but no soul.

btw a hip roof on “SB style”…maybe on a rancher in a Goleta tract.

Could be its just mission revival revival.

etta December 5, 2011 at 6:30 am

I really like this house!!! the colours.. the stairs..everything just perfect!
Kisses
Etta

A.Men December 5, 2011 at 11:53 am

Cold, sterile, charmless.

Limestone Flooring December 7, 2011 at 5:36 am

I cant decide whether I like the inside or outside best, the stonework on the outside of the building is awesome. This house is breathtaking throughout :)

Karen December 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I grew up in California and lived in Santa Barbara and this does evoke that classic style. Rather steep price, but lovely.

Maria December 16, 2011 at 4:21 am

Ok, maybe it’s because I live in CA, but this looks like a track house to me. A nice one, you can tell by the details inside that it’s above standard, but for 4.6M I sure don’t want a garage stuck on the front as the first thing you see – makes it seems way over priced.