Ellen DeGeneres Puts Her House on the Market & More News

by hookedonhouses on June 3, 2011

Ellen DeGeneres is selling her sprawling California property, with price available upon request–someone request it, would you? ;-): The Real Estalker.

The most-searched-for celeb house of the week: LeAnn Rimes.

A fun peek inside the real house used for the Walsh family on the original “Beverly Hills 90210:” Iamnotastalker.

Katy Perry and Russell Brand list their Los Feliz home: CasaSugar.

An inspiring new blog just for renters: Content to Rent.

Things to consider before you rent out your basement: Zillow.

Is renting the new American dream? MSN Real Estate.

Anyone else hooked on the new show “Million Dollar Decorators” on Bravo? Raina has a recap if you missed the first episode: Curbed.

Mary Kay Andrews lists the 10 must-haves for a summer house: Lettered Cottage.

Kitchen remodeling photos and ideas to inspire you: CalFinder.

Have a wonderful weekend, everybody!

Luciane at Homebunch.com June 3, 2011 at 7:03 am

Ellen’s house is crazily big (land) and the price is as just as big!

I’m going to check these links. They’re fun!

Enjoy your weekend!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Debbie Summers June 3, 2011 at 7:12 am

I was hooked in two minutes by “Million Dollar Decorators” – Bravo did it to me again… I love the homes they design, but their “real lives” are interesting too. Martyn Lawrence Bullard is a show stealer!

jennifer June 3, 2011 at 7:16 am

No, renting is not the new American dream. This is just something the current administration is trying to sell the public on b/c they have managed to tank our economy in just three years.

Sophie June 3, 2011 at 7:44 am

Well, renting is certainly not my American dream. I live in London and I want to live in America SO badly, but I just don’t think I could deal with renting, if I’m honest.
Yesterday I was looking at houses on Google Street View (one of my favourite pastimes) and I was thinking about how I’d hate to rent of the beautiful homes I was looking at (they were in Lakewood, OH, by the way) because there would be so many limitations on me.

jennie w. June 3, 2011 at 7:54 am

If only there were a satellite package to get just the channels with decorating shows!

Debra June 3, 2011 at 8:29 am

Ellen’s house is huge!

I’m not sure about Million Dollar Decorators yet – I was expecting more decorating & less personal stuff. Maybe it was just the first episode that was like that. I do love Kathryn Ireland’s fabrics!

Janell Beals June 3, 2011 at 8:42 am

Oh, I completed missed the show. Off to set the TiVo! Nothing like a little bravo + design to equal fun entertainment! Janell

Midwest Magnolia - Melissa Lewis June 3, 2011 at 10:03 am

My best friend and business partner just called and scolded me for not watching Million Dollar Decorator. So I just went on my Tivo Menu and found when the repeat was coming on and set to record! Can’t wait to watch…and I’m sure, get hooked!

Karena June 3, 2011 at 10:24 am

Julia I don’t know what I would do without you Friday finds and links!!

Come and enter my amazing $250 Giveaway from Tracy Porter!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

cherylk June 3, 2011 at 11:49 am

Oooooh, awesome post! Am going to visit all those links as soon as I get home from shopping.

Kim June 3, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Great links! It’s fun to get a peek inside the real Walsh house. It’s really nice, but I like the interior used on the show better.

I happened to be watching “The Insider” yesterday and they were showing lots of celebrity homes and Katy Perry’s was one of them. I love the interior of her house, it’s very nice.

How will renting ever become the new American Dream? Pretty much everyone I know that is renting, hates it and is trying to buy their own place because renting takes up too much of their money. It will certainly never become a dream for me.

Beach Vintage June 3, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Wow, love Ellens home. Especially that HUGE fireplace.

Jenny Allworthy June 3, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I am fascinated with the portraits on her wall. Do you think they are antique portraits? I was getting nose prints on my laptop screen trying to see them. Very cool and very unusual art! Two thumbs up Ellen!

Nita June 3, 2011 at 11:14 pm

It would be nice if someone could help out the two Russian men who want to build replicas of the 90210 house.

Maaike Quinn @ Life with FlyLady June 4, 2011 at 2:47 am

Ellen’s house is huge! Love all the wood inside :D

Amelia@ Home Decors June 5, 2011 at 1:30 am

This house already has a price tag – $60 million. It’s not obvious from the picture above but the mansion has tons of quarters. That’s why it’s so expensive. At first, the house only had 1100sq meters. But for 4 years, the mansion expanded to more than thrice its size.

Ellen and Portia’s house decorations and accessories are also priceless – from the paintings, gardens, patios, to furniture sets and stunning rugs. If I’m a multi-billionaire I would surely buy this house – that’s for sure.

{ 1 trackback }