Silver Seashells & More of My Favorite Things Right Now

by hookedonhouses on May 26, 2011

#1. Antique Silver Seashells–beautiful! Caron’s Beach House.

#2. How fabulous is this Etched Botanical Glassware? My Sparrow.

#3. This Derby Side Table wants to come live in my bedroom: Greige.

#4. Mary Kay Andrews sent me her new novel Summer Rental, about three friends who rent a beach house and get more than they bargained for. I couldn’t put it down! (Love Mary Kay–and her Tybee Island Cottage, too.)

#5: These measuring bowls make me want to bake something: Timeless Settings.

These are some of my favorite things in my sponsors’ stores right now, and the novel was sent to me for review. Thanks for visiting them! :-)

Bridget May 26, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Oh my goodness (!) Mary Kay Andrews sent you her new book?!! Anything she writes is fabulous! Her books are always a must read.

The Little Red Shop May 27, 2011 at 12:16 am

Oh, that is so nice! Your home decor picks are pretty fab, too! Have a wonderful Memorial Weekend, Julia!

: )

Julie M.

Karena May 27, 2011 at 1:45 am

I adore Mary Kay and her books! Lovely images and anything from Greige or MY Sparrow is amazing!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

coffee mug in hand May 27, 2011 at 6:10 am

I don’t know why but I’m loving the silver seashells.

Debbie Summers May 27, 2011 at 6:53 am

Love… Love… Love… The antique silver seashells! Going over to check out that post right now!

Amanda @ Serenity Now May 27, 2011 at 7:04 am

I am SO envious you got to read “Summer Rental” already!! Mary Kay Andrews is one of my very favorite authors. Is the book as humorous as her others? So excited for it to hit the stores. :)

Gloria May 27, 2011 at 8:47 am

I love silver seashells too! I’ve bought a ton at Ross and they are always on clearance at like $5. My starfish looks just like that one! I have to force myself not to buy them anymore because I have too many.

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating May 27, 2011 at 8:53 am

Love the silver seashells! I’ve wanted to try my hand at silver leafing some shells for quite some time now, and it’s still on my “to do” list.

Midwest Magnolia - Melissa Lewis May 27, 2011 at 9:11 am

Those are all such beauties! Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Luciane at Homebunch.com May 27, 2011 at 9:17 am

I’m going for the silver shells! :-) Aren’t they cute? Maybe you don’t need too many of them, just one with white ones… a delicate touch!

Have a wonderful and sunny weekend!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Sarah May 27, 2011 at 9:40 am

oooo a new Mary Kay book! I didn’t realize she had one due! I love Savannah Blues and Savannah Breeze, it makes me want to take ugly things and make them pretty

Bluebirds and Butterflies May 27, 2011 at 11:01 am

I just did a favorite things postings yesterday on my own blog . Love your items you posted. Love the measuring bowls—I posted about some measuring Russian Nesting Dolls on my own blog a while back. You might like those, too! I love your blog and enjoy visiting you! Thank you for sharing a few of YOUR wonderful favorite things. I will visit some of the sites you posted. Have a happy Friday and great weekend! xoxo Kim

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints May 27, 2011 at 11:12 am

oh those bowls are calling my name…color! blissful COLOR:)

Traci May 27, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I love the silver seashells and sea star, I feel bad about having real ones. I could definitely own it.

Andrea @ Big Creek Cottage May 27, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Thank you so much for the link to order Mary Kay Andrews new book….I am nearly through all of her books and LOVE them……..I can’t wait to get this one….my only problem is going to be trying to wait to read it until our family goes to the beach the week of Father’s Day……..hope I can save it……..

Thanks
Andrea

Jenny Allworthy May 27, 2011 at 6:41 pm

The Derby Side Table is calling to me too Julia!

I didn’t think I would like silver sea shells, but they are growing on me. They are rather coooooool.

Caron White May 27, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Happy Weekend Julia! Thank you so much for featuring our silver shells. I just thought they were so elegant.

Mary Kay Andrews is one of my all-time favorite authors! Cannot wait to read this book too. You are a lucky girl to have a copy.

Caron

Susan May 27, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Love those measuring bowls! Happy Memorial Day, Julia! Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Mary Kay Andrews May 27, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Aw, Julia–thanks so much for the bloggy love for SUMMER RENTAL! Have an amazing Memorial Day weekend–hope it’s the start to a fabulous summer.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy... May 28, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Those shells look fantastic silver.

Dianne Callahan May 28, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Hi! I just found your site and I am LOVING it! Have you ever thought of featuring the homes in the Nicholas Sparks movie Message In A Bottle? I loved both Garret’s waterside home and the Chicago apartment Robin Wright’s character lived in.

Thanks!
Dianne

Jessica May 29, 2011 at 12:02 am

The seashells are so pretty…I’m starting to feel summer coming on just by looking at them…and the book makes that feeling even stronger, could there be a more perfect summer read?!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend Julia!
xo J~