Wake Up, Grandpa! It’s Time for the Open House!

Alaska Work of Art 2

Looks like Grandpa fell asleep next to the jukebox again. “Wake up, Grandpa! We’ve got people coming to look at the house!” He can snooze through just about anything. When the real estate agent stopped by to take photos, he never even moved.

Now if we can just get Grandma and Aunt Madge to stop gabbing and clear out, too, we can start the Open House!

Alaska Doll House

How would you caption this real estate listing?

Visit my Bad MLS Photos page to see more, including a house guest that looks like Freddy Krueger.

broken toilet in front of house
Does that front yard toilet count as an extra half bath? It might come in handy when you have visitors over the holidays... How would…
Just when I thought I'd seen it all, this "double vanity" popped up in a listing for a $349,000 house in Redmond, Washington. Have you…

Comments

1. Mopsy says

PLEASE tell me that was a joke! Now this needs to come back to haunt the real estate agent who authorized these photos and took money from someone for that listing. Even the photoshopped nachos were better!

2. Billy says

Be Ready for a Home with Great Bones and Loads of Personality(s).

3. Kim says

“Over the River and Through the Woods to Grandfather’s house we go”. That’s one of the first things that came to my mind when I first looked at these photos. What a creepy house!

4. Cindy says

MLS Disclosure: Three people have recently passed away in this home.
    Sweetness Overload Detectors have been installed in every room.

5. Mandy says

I can’t even get past all of the STUFF to take in what the house looks like. The creepy dolls just make the decor come together and pop. 😉

Has to be a joke. The “grandpa” looks real, but the women look like wax figures.

I guess the realtor also forgot to tell them the most important thing: declutter!
    .-= Ms. Pearl´s last blog ..Probably the last =-.

7. Kenny says

I don’t which is creepier…the doll “people” or the decor!

8. Mike says

Caption: “Grandma and Aunt Madge would just laugh and laugh as they enjoyed their afternoon tea, with Grandpa dozing off patiently nearby, waiting to take Grandma home, his breathing belabored by the pants he had secured too tightly around his diaphragm.”

That could actually be a great house (with a little decluttering and some carpet removal). Well, that and corpse removal.

But I do love the built-in in the dining room. Just trying to see past the creepyness!
    .-= Samantha´s last blog ..Tutorial- How To Install A Fan =-.

10. Julee W says

Looks like someone baked shake into the focaccia again and didn’t tell the gramps!

THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!!

It makes me want to put some salsa, invite a bunch of people and have a “mini” Carnival! LOL

Talking about listings, I have one on my blog too… :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

12. Julie says

Thought for a second that this was actually a corner in an antique store. Had to look 2x to see the kitchen cabinets! WHAT was this realtor thinking??? Whoever buys it may have nightmares of their walkthru.

13. Mimi Linna says

too funny… was grandpa real??? as a professional organizer, i was ready to roll up my sleeves and start decluttering.

14. T. says

I’m sure all those things are precious to someone, but, oh, my, it’s…something else. Hopefully someone can see past all the clutter to the home’s potential.

When my cousins had to help my aunt sell her house, they fought with her over the pink flamingos in the yard. Eventually they decided it was easier to let her have her way, so the flamingos stayed, but they were certain it lowered the price of the home!

This is one of those few times when I actually feel sorry for the listing agent. How do you tell clients, who obviously WANTED their house to look this way, that their house is weird? And where did they find that teal-green carpet?
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..Heritage Turkeys =-.

All I can say is: Why? Why? Why?

Why does a real estate agent think it will sell a house by having a couple of creepy dolls posing in the pictures? If this was my real estate agent, I would get myself another one pronto!
    .-= Daisy´s last blog ..Cabbage Soup Diet =-.

I’m thoroughly creeped out. Not only by the wax (?) people but by the Barney and Friends color scheme in this garish Victorian hot mess. There is a lot going on in these pictures!
    .-= Bre´s last blog ..How To- Erase a Blemish =-.

18. Marie says

Someone in that house loves French train station clocks. There are two of them hung in the kitchen. (one clock in each picture.)

19. Susan S says

Someone’s gone a little over the top!! As Piglet would say, “Oh, d-d-d dear!!

Life-size toys for aging baby boomers…. a new take on our ’90s favourite:

“My Buddy, My Buddy, Wherever I go, he goes. My Buddy, My Buddy, I’ll teach him everything that I know.
    My Buddy and me, Like to climb up a tree. My buddy and me, We’re the best friends that could be.
    My Buddy, My Buddy, My Buddy and Me!”

Oh my gosh! I cannot stop laughing long enough to come up with a caption. Maybe something like “Where’s Grandpa” instead of Where’s Waldo!

22. Nita says

This is obviously the mobile home of elderly people, who often like dolls and pretty things and often overdo it a bit, but it’s really nothing to laugh at. I blame the RE agent.

• hookedonhouses says

It was actually a real house in Alaska, and the owners had a huge portrait of themselves over the mantel (which I didn’t show). In the portrait, they look like they’re in their late ’40s, at most. Not what I expected!

The house has been taken off the market or I’d post the link. There were “interesting” things in every room! :-)

Not only will you inherit the horrid decor but you’ll also get the relatives the current owners want to sell with the house! Get a new realtor, folks!
    .-= Mindi´s last blog ..Girls Day =-.

24. Dawn says

I think the dolls are humorous more than creepy but DEFINITELY inappropriate. The house would be cute cleaned up without all of the clutter.

25. Dawn says

The house itself looks pretty from what I can see.

Declutter, declutter, declutter!