Wake Up, Grandpa! It’s Time for the Open House!

by hookedonhouses on November 29, 2010

Alaska Work of Art 2

Looks like Grandpa fell asleep next to the jukebox again. “Wake up, Grandpa! We’ve got people coming to look at the house!” He can snooze through just about anything. When the real estate agent stopped by to take photos, he never even moved.

Now if we can just get Grandma and Aunt Madge to stop gabbing and clear out, too, we can start the Open House!

Alaska Doll House

How would you caption this real estate listing? (Thanks to Nester for finding this one!)

Visit my Bad MLS Photos page to see more, including a house guest that looks like Freddy Krueger.

Myra @ My Blessed Life November 29, 2010 at 11:31 pm

That is one of the most hideous things I’ve EVER seen! {cringes}
.-= Myra @ My Blessed Life´s last blog ..World Vision Prize Package Giveaway =-.

Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots November 29, 2010 at 11:36 pm

hahaha omg that is soooo creepy!!
.-= Ami @ beyondpeasandcarrots´s last blog ..Favorite Dish and Laundry Soap =-.

Mopsy November 29, 2010 at 11:44 pm

PLEASE tell me that was a joke! Now this needs to come back to haunt the real estate agent who authorized these photos and took money from someone for that listing. Even the photoshopped nachos were better!

Jocelyn November 29, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Arsenic and Old Lace!

Nancy Hood November 30, 2010 at 12:52 am

hahaha love this one!
I personally thought that when they begin de-cluttering the house FOR the open house, they can remove the senior citizens as well ;)
.-= Nancy Hood´s last blog ..Elle Belle Designs =-.

Lesley @ The Design File November 30, 2010 at 9:08 am

So perfect!
.-= Lesley @ The Design File´s last blog ..Expert advice- Ideas to make kitty feel at home =-.

Des November 29, 2010 at 11:57 pm

OMG! When I first saw the pics the first thing that popped into my head was…..it looks like a play house on steriods or a big girl tea party with dolls sitting around the table! Makes you wonder who lives there doesn’t it?
~Des
.-= Des´s last blog ..A trendy find…before it was actually trendy! =-.

Buddiegirl November 30, 2010 at 12:16 am

Family not included…

Sheila Krehbiel November 30, 2010 at 12:25 am

Oh. My.
.-= Sheila Krehbiel´s last blog ..Spaces after a period- Revisited =-.

Deb Kennedy November 30, 2010 at 12:46 am

Welcome to the ‘Land of Precious’….. UGH.

Billy November 30, 2010 at 1:36 am

Be Ready for a Home with Great Bones and Loads of Personality(s).

Lesley @ The Design File November 30, 2010 at 9:07 am

This is my favorite. I can’t top it.

And I don’t know what to say about these photos, except…bizarre!

Kelly November 30, 2010 at 2:24 am

“Sit a spell and stare awhile!”
.-= Kelly´s last blog ..1857 Greek Revival- Chester- SC =-.

Kim November 30, 2010 at 2:59 am

“Over the River and Through the Woods to Grandfather’s house we go”. That’s one of the first things that came to my mind when I first looked at these photos. What a creepy house!

Cindy November 30, 2010 at 3:09 am

MLS Disclosure: Three people have recently passed away in this home.
Sweetness Overload Detectors have been installed in every room.

Deb in Oz November 30, 2010 at 4:07 am

Good grief! Can’t see the house for the clutter.

PK at Room Remix November 30, 2010 at 6:49 am

OMG is that bad! :-) Who would do that?
.-= PK at Room Remix´s last blog ..Christmas chairs =-.

Ricki Jill Treleaven November 30, 2010 at 6:52 am

*shakes head bewilderedly* I am speechless…….
.-= Ricki Jill Treleaven´s last blog ..Finished Small Paintings =-.

Stephanie@Geezees November 30, 2010 at 7:52 am

These are the creepiest photos ever.
.-= Stephanie@Geezees´s last blog ..CYBER Monday Personalized Photo gift SALE =-.

Mandy November 30, 2010 at 8:12 am

I can’t even get past all of the STUFF to take in what the house looks like. The creepy dolls just make the decor come together and pop. ;)

ONEWEIRDWORD November 30, 2010 at 8:24 am

For sale: your worst nightmare

Ms. Pearl November 30, 2010 at 8:30 am

Has to be a joke. The “grandpa” looks real, but the women look like wax figures.

I guess the realtor also forgot to tell them the most important thing: declutter!
.-= Ms. Pearl´s last blog ..Probably the last =-.

Kenny November 30, 2010 at 8:33 am

I don’t which is creepier…the doll “people” or the decor!

Mike November 30, 2010 at 8:58 am

Caption: “Grandma and Aunt Madge would just laugh and laugh as they enjoyed their afternoon tea, with Grandpa dozing off patiently nearby, waiting to take Grandma home, his breathing belabored by the pants he had secured too tightly around his diaphragm.”

Amanda @ Serenity Now November 30, 2010 at 9:10 am

“Madame Tussauds branches out to residential work.”

Creepy!!!!
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Dear Obnoxious Woman Sitting Behind Me in the Movie Theater- =-.

Samantha November 30, 2010 at 9:12 am

That could actually be a great house (with a little decluttering and some carpet removal). Well, that and corpse removal.

But I do love the built-in in the dining room. Just trying to see past the creepyness!
.-= Samantha´s last blog ..Tutorial- How To Install A Fan =-.

Julee W November 30, 2010 at 9:12 am

Looks like someone baked shake into the focaccia again and didn’t tell the gramps!

Luciane at Homebunch.com November 30, 2010 at 9:18 am

THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!!

It makes me want to put some salsa, invite a bunch of people and have a “mini” Carnival! LOL

Talking about listings, I have one on my blog too… :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints November 30, 2010 at 9:33 am

Oh my word. That’s creepy sick and a little disturbing.
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..bracing for goodbye =-.

Barb November 30, 2010 at 9:40 am

Creepy creepy creppy…real or fake still creepy!!!!!!

Julie November 30, 2010 at 10:00 am

Thought for a second that this was actually a corner in an antique store. Had to look 2x to see the kitchen cabinets! WHAT was this realtor thinking??? Whoever buys it may have nightmares of their walkthru.

Mimi Linna November 30, 2010 at 10:00 am

too funny… was grandpa real??? as a professional organizer, i was ready to roll up my sleeves and start decluttering.

CherylK November 30, 2010 at 10:16 am

What on earth…???? Looks like home staging has hit a new low.
.-= CherylK´s last blog ..Frozen Water =-.

Holly November 30, 2010 at 10:27 am

Even without the creepy dolls, this house is a disaster! It’s like Hoarders, the Garish Victorian Episode.
.-= Holly´s last blog ..Fun Project- Print Your Own Wrapping Paper =-.

T. November 30, 2010 at 10:36 am

I’m sure all those things are precious to someone, but, oh, my, it’s…something else. Hopefully someone can see past all the clutter to the home’s potential.

When my cousins had to help my aunt sell her house, they fought with her over the pink flamingos in the yard. Eventually they decided it was easier to let her have her way, so the flamingos stayed, but they were certain it lowered the price of the home!

Heather November 30, 2010 at 10:56 am

This is one of those few times when I actually feel sorry for the listing agent. How do you tell clients, who obviously WANTED their house to look this way, that their house is weird? And where did they find that teal-green carpet?
.-= Heather´s last blog ..Heritage Turkeys =-.

Irina Netchaev November 30, 2010 at 11:56 am

Hmm… feel bad for the agent. Majorly creepy. Let’s see, I’d title it: Got Stuff? This is THE home for you!
.-= Irina Netchaev´s last blog ..Day 200- Holiday Tour at The Castle Green =-.

Dean November 30, 2010 at 12:20 pm

yikes!

Jackie W.- Kansas November 30, 2010 at 12:53 pm

The aqua carpet hurts my eyes.

Daisy November 30, 2010 at 1:33 pm

All I can say is: Why? Why? Why?

Why does a real estate agent think it will sell a house by having a couple of creepy dolls posing in the pictures? If this was my real estate agent, I would get myself another one pronto!
.-= Daisy´s last blog ..Cabbage Soup Diet =-.

Bre November 30, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I’m thoroughly creeped out. Not only by the wax (?) people but by the Barney and Friends color scheme in this garish Victorian hot mess. There is a lot going on in these pictures!
.-= Bre´s last blog ..How To- Erase a Blemish =-.

Alycia November 30, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Yikes! Scary much?
.-= Alycia´s last blog ..Living and Dining Room e-Decorating Photo Design Project =-.

Marie November 30, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Someone in that house loves French train station clocks. There are two of them hung in the kitchen. (one clock in each picture.)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com November 30, 2010 at 2:38 pm

GOOD LAWD!
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com´s last blog ..Winners Winners Winners- The Candidates- Tyger Tyger Necklace- and The Language of Souls =-.

Karen November 30, 2010 at 4:32 pm

With a special price “AS IS”. Tee Hee

Pat November 30, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Hobby Lobby on steroids!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..Having Fun Wasting Time =-.

Susan S November 30, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Someone’s gone a little over the top!! As Piglet would say, “Oh, d-d-d dear!!

Lauren @ Meet My Ugly Baby November 30, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Life-size toys for aging baby boomers…. a new take on our ’90s favourite:

“My Buddy, My Buddy, Wherever I go, he goes. My Buddy, My Buddy, I’ll teach him everything that I know.
My Buddy and me, Like to climb up a tree. My buddy and me, We’re the best friends that could be.
My Buddy, My Buddy, My Buddy and Me!”

Rachel November 30, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Oh my gosh! I cannot stop laughing long enough to come up with a caption. Maybe something like “Where’s Grandpa” instead of Where’s Waldo!

Jill November 30, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Buy this house and you will never feel lonely.
.-= Jill´s last blog ..I need your advice… =-.

Jenny November 30, 2010 at 11:05 pm

What the??

That is so crazy. You would think they would have done some prep work for the real estate pics.
.-= Jenny´s last blog ..Black Friday- The Good- The Bad &amp The Ugly =-.

Susan November 30, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Hilarious! I hope someone checked Grandpa’s pulse. ;)
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Southern Living Idea House- Kitchen and Dining Room Tour =-.

Nita December 1, 2010 at 4:16 am

This is obviously the mobile home of elderly people, who often like dolls and pretty things and often overdo it a bit, but it’s really nothing to laugh at. I blame the RE agent.

hookedonhouses December 1, 2010 at 10:40 am

It was actually a real house in Alaska, and the owners had a huge portrait of themselves over the mantel (which I didn’t show). In the portrait, they look like they’re in their late ’40s, at most. Not what I expected!

The house has been taken off the market or I’d post the link. There were “interesting” things in every room! :-)

Jan from Rose Haven December 1, 2010 at 9:20 am

The Land of Faux!!

Faux cakes, faux flowers, faux plants and even FAUX PEOPLE!!
.-= Jan from Rose Haven´s last blog ..Just the Tiniest Little Update =-.

Mindi December 1, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Not only will you inherit the horrid decor but you’ll also get the relatives the current owners want to sell with the house! Get a new realtor, folks!
.-= Mindi´s last blog ..Girls Day =-.

Dawn December 2, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I think the dolls are humorous more than creepy but DEFINITELY inappropriate. The house would be cute cleaned up without all of the clutter.

Dawn January 19, 2011 at 9:40 am

The house itself looks pretty from what I can see.

Declutter, declutter, declutter!

Renee April 4, 2011 at 3:34 pm

OH my gosh. This is too creepy!

Amy January 17, 2013 at 6:24 am

I would caption this “real estate for dummies.” :)