5 Frightfully Fun Decorating Ideas for Halloween

by hookedonhouses on October 28, 2010

Do you decorate for Halloween? I love seeing how creative some people get this time of year. Here are 5 of my favorite ideas:

Eddie Ross-Halloween table#1. Unwelcome Dinner Guests: Eddie Ross.

Halloween Silhouettes

#2. Spooky Silhouettes: The Pink Peony of Le Jardin.

Pink and Polka Dot Halloween hutch

#3. Black and White Halloween Hutch: Pink & Polka Dot.

Halloween Candy-House of Smiths

#4. Creative (& Creepy!) Candy Buffet: House of Smiths.

Kate's Haunted Mantel

#5. Haunted Mantel: Centsational Girl.

Is Halloween a big deal at your house? Besides some jack-o-lanterns on our front porch, there aren’t a lot of signs of Halloween at mine, I’m afraid. My favorite thing about the holiday is trick-or-treating around the neighborhood with my kids…and getting a peek inside a few houses when people open their doors. ;-)

The Mrs. October 28, 2010 at 8:02 am

Love Eddie’s the best! Love to decorate for Halloween!
.-= The Mrs.´s last blog ..Pumpkin Snake =-.

Janet October 28, 2010 at 8:48 am

Yes, Eddie’s table is awesome, love The Smith’s creepy candy too. ;)
.-= Janet´s last blog ..Martha Loooves Halloween =-.

Luciane at Homebunch.com October 28, 2010 at 8:51 am

Wow, really fun pictures and very inspiring, but I AM SO GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT SPENDS ABOUT $20 BUCKS AT THE DOLLAR STORE for the “decor”!!! :-) lol

Happy Cheap Halloween!!!!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints October 28, 2010 at 9:18 am

Those are great, but no we don’t decorate for Halloween. I’m more of a celebrating harvest type girl:)

Oh and I was thinking of you last night Julia as I was watching No Ordinary Family. Have you seen that yet? The house is awesome. Decorated really cute and different. You’ll have to check it out.
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..Suck it up =-.

Nita October 28, 2010 at 10:02 am

I mostly decorate for Fall, but I do have Halloween things out for granddaughter. Julia,
have you seen The Middle house? It is how not to decorate, but the show is wonderful. Last night the teen daughter, who tries so hard, is always losing, was standing by her locker when the boy she wanted to go to the dance with came up and told her there was a rumor he liked her but he decided let her know he didn’t. Cheerfully, as always, this girl looks at him and thanks him for letting her know. As he walks away, she turns toward her locker, puts her head behind its door and starts crying her eyes out. Brought back all the memories of junior and senior high. I love the show but hated seeing her hurt.

hookedonhouses October 28, 2010 at 10:13 am

LOVE that show. One of my favorites. And poor Sue. She always tries so hard and never catches a break! -Julia

Lori-Anne October 28, 2010 at 10:10 am

I’ve never been big on decorations for Halloween, but pics 2, 3 & 4 make me think my mind could be changed!
.-= Lori-Anne´s last blog ..A Birthday Fete for a Bechstein =-.

Kristen October 28, 2010 at 10:13 am

Spooktacular…love Eddie’s table!
Kristen
.-= Kristen´s last blog .. =-.

lindajb October 28, 2010 at 11:04 am

The pictures are all very creative and look great, but I have never been a fan of Halloween. I liked going out for the candy but as I grew older I started not to like it so much.

I was born on Halloween Eve and my friends were never interested in my birthday (I’m so selfish, it’s all about me) Well, I got paid back, my daughter, who was due the middle of Nov. was born Halloween afternoon. So no, I don’t decorate for Halloween but I do have pumpkins and other “FALL” decor out. So HAPPY FALL YA’LL! (P.S. we have always called out daughter pumkin and still do even though she will be 36 Sunday.

Lesley @ TheDesignFile October 28, 2010 at 11:27 am

I love that Eddie Ross dining table. Gorgeous!

We go crazy outside, not inside. This year, we created a graveyard, compete with a fake iron fence and tombstones. It’s very cool. I just posted about it on my blog:

I wanted to do more with the inside this year, but it’s so much work to take it all back down!
.-= Lesley @ TheDesignFile´s last blog ..Our spooky yard- ready for trick-or-treaters =-.

hip hip gin gin October 28, 2010 at 11:30 am

Love that candy buffet! I’ve been craving some “pumpkin teeth” lately, trying to hold off until Halloween =)
.-= hip hip gin gin´s last blog ..Anything Goes =-.

Centsational Girl October 28, 2010 at 1:05 pm

So many fantastic displays . . . tickled just to be included! Eddie’s tablecloth kills me, so perfect! Great roundup Julia, thanks so much!
xo
Kate

Cheri@IHeartOldHouses October 28, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Ooh, I think I’ll borrow the candy buffet idea for our Halloween party centerpiece! Love the “pumpkin teeth”…

I think when you’re in that stage of life where you’re too old for trick-or-treating – but don’t yet have trick-or-treaters of your own to escort – you tend to overcompensate with a lot of Halloween decorating/parties. OK, maybe that’s just me.
.-= Cheri@IHeartOldHouses´s last blog ..Haunted California Coast =-.

cristin @ simplified bee October 28, 2010 at 2:00 pm

How funny… I just posted my Halloween favorites too and included Kate’s mantel.

xo,
cristin
.-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..My Favorite &amp Frightful Halloween Decorating Ideas from Blogland… =-.

Amanda - Small Home Big Start October 28, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I love the candy buffet! So cute and spooky at the same time.

kristin October 28, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Eddie’s table decorating is awesome! I love the green drinks!!! Have a lovely day!

Kristin xx
.-= kristin´s last blog ..Bellflower Books Giveaway =-.

Bre October 28, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Love this! I adore Halloween, it’s my favorite and I love all these great Halloween homes. My favorite would have to be #1, such an elegant and creepy table scape! Our entire house is decorated for fall, inside and out, with a few Halloween touches here and there (mostly in my room). I think the silhouettes in #2 are so sophisticated, I’ll have to incorporate those for next year.
.-= Bre´s last blog ..Your Makeup Artist Should Be Fired- Uma Thurman =-.

Amanda @ Serenity Now October 28, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Love the pumpkin teeth!! That made me laugh. :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Return of the Griswolds Halloween =-.

Kim October 28, 2010 at 8:37 pm

My family is not a big fan of halloween decor. Pretty much all we do is put those window decorations, (you can get at the dollar store), up.

Those decorations are pretty cool. Thanks for sharing them with us.

T. October 28, 2010 at 8:52 pm

The silhouttes are awesome, and I adore the way BOO is spelled out in the 3rd photo.

I decorate for Halloween, but not with the gory stuff, just little pumpkins and cute ghosts. I quilt and cross stitch, so I make Halloween-themed needlework items and display those. I also hang up a painting of a pumpkin my daughter made in 1st grade. Most of our decorations are either things I made myself, or things that my kids made. This is actually true year-round! I just swap out things depending on the season.

Handy Man, Crafty Woman October 28, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Great projects! We do a small amount of Halloween/fall decorations. I try to make them mostly “fall” decor, so I can leave them up through Thanksgiving.
.-= Handy Man, Crafty Woman´s last blog ..Scrap Room Organization- Before and After =-.

Nita@ModVintageLife.com October 28, 2010 at 11:49 pm

I LOVE decorating for Halloween and go all out. I’ve been doing Halloween all month on my blog. A different Halloween post every day. I’m only disappointed that I’m in the middle of painting my dining room furniture and can’t decorate the dining room this year.

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl October 29, 2010 at 8:12 am

love eddie’s table! thanks for the shout out! we love, love, love halloween. the more decor, the better!
.-= Kristi~The Slipcover Girl´s last blog ..Birthday Pause =-.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com October 30, 2010 at 6:58 am

I <3 the framed boo!
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com´s last blog ..Christian Fiction Sunday Cover-to-Covet- Roses =-.

Richella at Imparting Grace October 30, 2010 at 9:46 am

What cute decorations! I find myself wishing there had been blogs when my kids were little–they would have loved some of the spooky stuff! Now, I keep things mostly in an Autumn theme. On November 1, I take away the jack-o-lanterns and add the Thanksgiving-specific decor, but the plain pumpkins stay out all through the fall.

The weather here is glorious today–cool and crisp, blue skies and pretty leaves. Hope y’all are having a great autumn!

{ 1 trackback }