5 Fresh Ideas for Fall Decor

by hookedonhouses on October 12, 2010

Lauren-With Two Cats

#1: Put a little pumpkin on your wall: With Two Cats.

Burns House-Fall Mantel

#2: Remember it doesn’t have to be orange: Burns House.

House of Belonging fall mantel#3: Add character to your fireplace: House of Belonging.

Centsational Girl's Fall Mantel#4: Keep it natural and simple: Centsational Girl.

This Blessed Nest-Happy Fall Wall

#5: Write your love for fall right on the wall: This Blessed Nest.

These are just 5 of the more than 200 impressive entries from my Fall Decorating Open House. I was blown away by all of the beautiful rooms we saw. Thanks to everyone who participated! I’m linking this to the “Autumn Bliss” party over at The Inspired Room.

For More Fall Fun:

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish October 13, 2010 at 7:32 am

Beautiful! I love that white wreath!
.-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..Quick Ballard Inspired Burlap Project =-.

FairfieldHouse October 13, 2010 at 8:16 am

Wonderful collection of fall decor at its best. I especially like the forth photo; simple yet elegant.

Deborah
.-= FairfieldHouse´s last blog ..Fall Fell On the Fairfield House =-.

Kelly@40isthenew30 October 13, 2010 at 8:38 am

Oh, I love Kate’s stuff! So pretty! I need to go back and look at all the links. I’m having my book club over tomorrow and I am in need of some inspiration for a few fallish features!
.-= Kelly@40isthenew30´s last blog ..Worth Mentioning- My Cake School =-.

Layla October 13, 2010 at 8:52 am

WOW!
Makes me wanna finish my Fall mantle! :-)
Great stuff…thanks for compiling it Julia!

Layla
.-= Layla´s last blog ..Guest My Nest- Mess Hall- Tybee Island- Georgia =-.

Pat October 13, 2010 at 9:10 am

Such a page full of inspiration! It really does make me want to get “my rear in gear” and finish my decorating.
I love the painted brick fireplace. It confirms to me that I need to paint my red brick fireplace…now if I can convince my husband that it’s really, really necessary! He has a phobia about painting over brick, I have phobia about looking at the red brick!!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..Hip- Hip…Update =-.

Kelly, Arte Styling October 13, 2010 at 9:46 am

Pretty, pretty! Love all of those. Well done!!!
.-= Kelly, Arte Styling´s last blog ..An Old California Living Room – Before and After =-.

Lauren October 13, 2010 at 10:01 am

Wow! Thanks for the mention…SO flattering to be included among these other amazing ideas!!
.-= Lauren´s last blog ..noahs room =-.

Karena October 13, 2010 at 10:25 am

Julia,

Some wonderful ideas and I adore the white wreath!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
.-= Karena´s last blog ..Into the Light &amp A Surprise Giveaway Coming Up This Week =-.

Centsational Girl October 13, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Absolutely lovely links Julia, you always have the best! So delighted to be included!
I hope you are enjoying your fall!
xo
Kate

Bre October 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Love the chalkboard walls and adorable little pumpkins clustered on the mantle. Great homes decorated for fall!
.-= Bre´s last blog ..Open Your Mouth and Say Spaaaaa =-.

Maya @ Completely Coastal October 13, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Love how that shabby chic window frame is used! I just added a tiny pumpkin to the bowl in which I display seashells -that’s Fall decor for me, ha!
.-= Maya @ Completely Coastal´s last blog ..Rate this Living Room Chandelier =-.

Josanne October 13, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Oooohhhhh…..I LIKE the white fireplace and simplicity of that room! I also like that fireplace above it-unique!

We have two blackboard walls in our house-much smaller than a whole wall-nearly every young person that comes in this house just HAS to write on it! lol Not that I mind. =)
.-= Josanne´s last blog ..A Super Cute Chocolate Bouquet Fall Garden to make! =-.

linda @ Lime in the coconut October 13, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Fall….what a diva she really is! Quietly.
Loved your choices. Great inspiration…
OR
Maybe I am just jealous!
.-= linda @ Lime in the coconut´s last blog ..Jewel of a garden… =-.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy... October 13, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I love the blackboard
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy…´s last blog ..Teaser Tuesday- Loss &amp Joy =-.

Lauren @ with two cats October 13, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Thanks for the feature! I’m in love with Centsational Girl’s gorgeous mantel.
.-= Lauren @ with two cats´s last blog ..Violet – Five Months =-.

Tamara October 14, 2010 at 12:17 am

Now I have my work cut out for me to check out all your links :)
.-= Tamara´s last blog ..Going Green =-.

Carol October 14, 2010 at 7:21 am

What wonderful ideas. They are completely different than my home, but I think they are beautiful.
.-= Carol´s last blog ..Front Porch Makeover =-.

Daisy October 14, 2010 at 12:17 pm

They’re all fantastic, but the fireplace ins my favorite. Well done everyone!
.-= Daisy´s last blog ..Top 15 Christmas Toys 2010 =-.

Angie October 15, 2010 at 8:12 am

I love this post! The images are just darling! Thank you so much for sharing and have a great weekend! Angie xo
.-= Angie´s last blog ..Switching out decorThanksgiving to Halloween =-.

Lori-Anne October 15, 2010 at 9:48 am

I love the punch of colour, the burnt orange, in the first pic! I also quite like the little collection of pumpkins on the mantel. I’ve got a window almost identical to the one in the second picture – must take it our and set it up (thanks for the inspiration)!
.-= Lori-Anne´s last blog ..A Visit to the Farm- McMillan Pumpkin Patch =-.

gretchen nation October 19, 2010 at 12:06 am

I don’t think i could live with the ‘pumpkin’ wall year round, but it looks good. Ideas do come in many colors!
.-= gretchen nation´s last blog ..Its getting closer- you can feel the Boo in the air =-.

Laurie-Jean October 31, 2010 at 7:44 am

The first mantle simplicity really works! Sometimes I think I really should edit my decor down. The color of the accent wall is perfect. It would be so easy to change the color of the accent wall per season.
.-= Laurie-Jean´s last blog ..Halloween-Autumn =-.

best cat food April 24, 2011 at 12:33 pm

nice tips, i liked the one with the white table and black chairs a lot, i was looking for ideas and you gave me a couple

Wall Decal Company December 6, 2012 at 10:25 am

Beautiful fire place so cosy. Chalk boards are always fun to give you kids some inspiration to write on.