Get Your Fix: This Week in House News

by hookedonhouses on August 21, 2010

Megan Mullally's Dining Room

Megan Mullally’s Hollywood Haven: Elle Decor.

One of the Top Searches on My Blog This Week: “Edward’s Bedroom.”

Is it Time to Stop Obsessing About Resale? NYT.

screened porch-CasaSugar

A Screened Porch Gets a Makeover: CasaSugar.

Stephanie’s Amazing Kitchen Reno: Photos.

10 Mansions That Had Their Prices Slashed Last Month: HuffPo.

Kate's bedroom-Centsational Girl{Love} Kate’s Painted Trellis Wall: Centsational Girl.

Meg Ryan Renting Out Bel Air Home for $40K/month: House Pics.

Happy Birthday to my sweet niece Elly who turns 9 today–and Happy Weekend to everyone else! :-)

The Little Red Shop August 21, 2010 at 8:40 pm

1. I was just flipping through that issue of Elle at the newstand. By any chance, do you know if that was formerly Photographer Jane Hunt’s home? I met with her ages ago…and her house was very similarly situated.

2. I have visited Forks twice in the last month. Each time was equally overcast…I was pleased to find. You can see the Fork’s cloud bank in the distance as my mom and I ventured in from the north 3 weeks ago…here…http://thelittleredshop.blogspot.com/2010/08/road-trippin-highway-101-part-ii.html

I hope you’re having a gorgeous weekend, Julia! Thank you again for house hunting for all of us!

: )

Julie M.
.-= The Little Red Shop´s last blog ..Time and a Sweet Pink Chairor Two =-.

hookedonhouses August 21, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Interesting about it looking like Jane Hunt’s house. I guess it could be, but I have no idea. Does anyone else? -Julia

Amanda @ Serenity Now August 21, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Ooo—I’m interested to see Megan Mullally’s style. Just loved her on Will and Grace! :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Link Ups and an Open Giveaway =-.

Nita August 21, 2010 at 9:24 pm

The newest issue of French Country Magazine is out!

I don’t respect wasting $40K on rent a month. I know it’s her money and all, but no matter how rich I was, I just couldn’t do that.

Laura August 21, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog the other day. I was first introduced to blogging on your site, after keying in ‘Cottage from The Holiday’… I’ve been hooked ever since. It meant a lot to me that you chose to read my blog. Lx
.-= Laura´s last blog ..A Slice of England in Pennsylvania =-.

Kim August 21, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Thanks for all of the links. What an amazing kitchen renovation! The house looks so much better.

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest August 21, 2010 at 11:42 pm

I just read through your Twilight post and laughed. I was the same EXACT way. Determined I wouldn’t read it. Finally saw the movie when it came out on DVD..went and bought the book…fast forward…read all 4, bought the soundtrack. Etc. Sound familiar? So funny. Great post too…loved your humor. (Get a job already! LOL!!)
.-= Wendy @ The Shabby Nest´s last blog ..Frugal Friday =-.

Centsational GIrl August 22, 2010 at 11:57 am

Happy happy birthday to your sweet niece ! Great links this week (*wink*) Love Megan Mullally’s chic pad !

xo
Kate

Claire August 22, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I loved that NYT article. It will be nice if people quit obsessing about having a brand new house, too, which is especially prevalent where I live.

{ 1 trackback }