Get Your “House Fix:” Fun Weekend Links

by hookedonhouses on August 7, 2010

Eurobad 74

Interior Design from the ’70s That’s So Bad, It’s Good: EuroBad ’74.

A 1953 Richard Neutra House For Sale: Curbed LA.

Top Celebrity-House Search This Week: Rachel Zoe’s Hollywood Home.

Jaeger & Ernst Arts & Crafts ServerArts & Crafts Furniture by Master Craftsmen: Jaeger & Ernst.

4 Remodeling Projects to Avoid: CalFinder Remodeling.

Intriguing Story About a Mystery Heiress’s Empty Mansions: Today.

Sunny Outlook-cornhole toss

How to Make Your Own Cornhole Toss Game: Sunny Outlook.

Tiffani Thiessen’s Nursery for Baby Harper: People.

18 of the World’s Strangest Bathrooms: Popular Mechanics.

obx rug-cabana

Way Cool Rugs in Fun Colors & Patterns: OBX Trading.

Desire to Inspire’s Kim Remodels Her Kitchen: Greentea Design.

10 Fashion Designer Hotels & Interiors: CasaSugar.

Thanks for visiting my blog’s sponsors, including those listed above and in my sidebar. Have a wonderful weekend!

Becky @ Farmgirl Paints August 7, 2010 at 9:20 am

I missed the first episode, so I don’t know what happened with Taylor. I always loved this show. It just sucks you in. They are all so over the top. I want to know what in the world she did to her face. That is quite the transformation:)
.-= Becky @ Farmgirl Paints´s last blog ..Special delivery =-.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish August 7, 2010 at 9:35 am

Great links! Can’t wait to check out the bathroom one – that looks intriguing! Have a great weekend!
.-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..Great Dorm Ideas to Steal =-.

laney August 7, 2010 at 10:09 am

…oh dear…i graduated from college in 1970…got married the next week…i am not sure which is worse…the way our homes looked…or the way we looked…

Cindy August 7, 2010 at 11:08 am

Oh yes! The 70′s was the decade of “Interior Desecrations” according to a fun book by James Lileks. I giggled at the mens restroom with the outhouse door. The heiress story was so sad, but so interesting. I’ve driven right past her Santa Barbara mansion many times and never knew it was there. Such great links today Julia. Thanks again.

Why S? August 7, 2010 at 11:59 am

I remember the ’70s but didn’t think it was bad at the time. I actually kind of liked that green kitchen.

Some of those bathrooms were crimes against humanity. Seriously, who needs all those see-through walls in a public restroom?
.-= Why S?´s last blog ..A Bad Sign =-.

Kate (Little Beach Bum) August 7, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Love your weekend links! I’m intrigued by the Mystery Heiress one…can’t wait to check it out. Have a great weekend, Julia!
.-= Kate (Little Beach Bum)´s last blog ..Miami Evenings in August =-.

lulilut August 7, 2010 at 1:37 pm

One thing I have never understood– why are some of the bidets *across* the room from the toilet? Also in one of the bathrooms (with the naked lady) the bidet is next to the sinks with a nice towel rack in between. Handy (pun) but (pun) gross. ;)

Kim August 7, 2010 at 2:08 pm

I love all of these links. Those 70′s designs are hilarious. To think they were once instyle, but every decade has it’s bad fades.

That story about the Heiress made me want to cry, but it was also intriguing. Maybe when she dies she will hand the mansions down to the lady who hung around there, when she was a little girl.

Those bathrooms made me laugh. I would not want any that looks like them, in my house. I will stick with regular nice bathrooms.

Those hotels were fun to look at. I bet all of them are very expensive. I will probably never be able to stay in any.

Lesley @ The Design File August 7, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Love that Tiffani Thiessen nursery. Gorgeous! And I love the idea of creating a 3d tree on the wall instead of just a decal.

Another great roundup. Thanks Julia!
.-= Lesley @ The Design File´s last blog ..The Design File in Indianapolis House &amp Home mag =-.

Lori-Anne August 7, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Wow, that design tour from the ’70s was, well, trippy! There were some pretty crazy shots in there but my personal favourite had to be the kitchen that’s connected to a stable. I mean, really?!

Nita August 8, 2010 at 1:44 am

In the 70s, we didn’t have enough money to be “fashionable.” My girlfriends and I were into neutrals and lots of chocolate and beige. All the wallpaper in my first living room cost a total of $8 and it was all over the walls above the paneling on the bottom, so it was a lot of paper for $8. But mainly, in my 2nd house especially, all was beige and pretty, tasteful beige tree wallpaper on one wall. The chrome coffee tables, the beige herculon coaches, or the camel velvet couches, and plants, lots of plants!

laney August 8, 2010 at 1:23 pm

…oh my goodness…i had forgotten about our love affair with plants in the 70s…we had them everywhere…i think maybe they took the place of furniture for many of us…

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com August 8, 2010 at 7:52 am

I love the aquarium toilet and super pink Betsy room!
.-= Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com´s last blog ..News Flash- Im gonna knock you out =-.

Robin August 8, 2010 at 1:19 pm

The 70′s post is cracking me up! Julia, it’s a wonder we weren’t all depressed during those year with those interiors! However, looking back at them now, it is somehow comforting. Probably, as I was at home being a happy teenager with my parents :)
xo
Robin
.-= Robin´s last blog ..Mary Tyler Moore Apartment =-.

HollyGoesLightly August 8, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Thanks for the RZ link! Love that Hollywood Hills house. In the show we see only Rachel & Rodger’s penthouse apartment. Do you know if she sold this amazing place?