Get Your Fix: This Week in House News

by hookedonhouses on June 5, 2010

Palo Alto Craftsman-Lookiloos

This Palo Alto Craftsman is For Sale (I’ll take it!): Lookiloos.

Alan Jackson’s “Tara” Sells for $28 million: House Pics.

Funny MLS Photo of the Week: Zillow Blog.

leann-rimes

One of the Top Searches on my blog this week–because of this interview, perhaps?–has been for LeAnn Rimes’ House.

A Guest House in Barcelona Gets a Makeover: CasaSugar.

My Sparrow-Julia Beverage DispensersI Love Lemonade–& These Cool “Julia” Dispensers: My Sparrow.

The 411 on Spray Paint: Thrifty Decor Chick.

Is That a Vintage Suitcase in the Garden? A Beach Cottage.

Summerize-Nesting Place5 Ways to Bring Summer Inside: Nesting Place.

HGTV–Friend or Foe of the Design World? Arte Styling.

Candace Bushnell’s Perplexing Decorating Style: Slate.

This-old-house porchPorch Dreaming: Southern Hospitality.

The House Featured on Sophie Dahl’s Cooking Show For Sale: Daily Mail.

15 of the Wackiest Kitchen Gadgets: This Old House.

I love my sponsors, including My Sparrow, Lookiloos, and A Beach Cottage. Thanks for visiting them & supporting my blog! :-)

Kelly, Arte Styling June 5, 2010 at 10:27 am

Thanks for the mention, Julia! I’m thrilled to be on your weekly blog round-up. :)
.-= Kelly, Arte Styling´s last blog ..HGTV – Friend or Foe? =-.

Linda June 5, 2010 at 11:43 am

I am in love with the craftsman. I would love to just move there today. Do you have any idea what the sq. footage is on this house. That much money here in Okla. would buy you a 5000 sq. ft. mansion!

hookedonhouses June 5, 2010 at 11:45 am

Me, too! I didn’t notice the square footage, but it’s probably on the listing somewhere. -Julia

Karena June 5, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Wow Julia, thanks again for all of the great links!! Going to check them out right now!!

Karena
Art by Karena
.-= Karena´s last blog ..Art Events & Big News!! You are Invited! =-.

desiree June 5, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Hi Julia,

Thanks for the link to the craftsman. The square footage is 2232—I know not very big, but it is in the same neighborhood as Steve Young (former quarterback for the 49er’s), Steve Jobs and lots of other high tech moguls.
.-= desiree´s last blog ..Looki What I Found: Urban Farmgirls =-.

Kim June 5, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Thanks for this weeks fixes. That msl cat picture is very funny. Why is it that some people can’t seem to get pictures right or bad at taken them? My family has a friend of ours that is trying to sell his house, but he hasn’t gotten much people interested. I couldn’t understand why because it’s a nice house. Then I looked at the listing photos and they really don’t do his house justice. They aren’t horrible, but there’s just not enough.

RHoda @ Southern Hospitality June 5, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Thanks, Julia! I love it when you send your millions over to see me. :) Hope you’re having a good start to your summer.
.-= RHoda @ Southern Hospitality´s last blog ..52 Loaves: Book Review & Giveaway =-.

Brenda June 5, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I feel “spoiled” when I come to your blog! Thanks for all the sweet treats!

Pat June 6, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Love my weekend fix over here!
The craftsman is lovely, but what I really like is the exterior, beautiful!
Sorry to hear Alan Jackson’s house sold…I was just getting ready to make an offer, LOL! The new owners are very, very blessed!
HGTV, friend or foe? Yes. What I really miss the the original Trading Spaces. Now that was some television, and in my humble opinion the foundation of the popularity of HGTV
Maybe Candace Bushnell is on to something. If I covered my powder room walls with my likeness, it would certainly keep people from lingering too long!
Have a great weekend!
.-= Pat´s last blog ..Sunday Scripture =-.

linda@LimeintheCoconut June 6, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Dayum….that’ll keep me reading all summer long! Thanx!!
.-= linda@LimeintheCoconut´s last blog ..Sunday musingsā€¦ =-.

Diane Tuman June 7, 2010 at 11:11 am

Hi Julia: Thanks for the link to the three kitties sleeping on the bed in the listing photo on Zillow. I wonder if that is a turn off to buyers (it certainly would be for buyers who are allergic to cats), but I wonder what others think.