Fun Links for Your Weekly House Fix

by hookedonhouses on April 24, 2010

Meet Joe Black-Aldrich MansionThe House Used in the Movie “Meet Joe Black:” Aldrich Mansion.

Look Inside Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond’s Lodge in Oklahoma: Lookiloos.

A New Backyard Music Studio Built With Old-World Charm: The Hilton Cottage.

Tori Spelling-Dean McDermott-kids-at-homeAre You Watching “Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood”? House Pics.

Designer Kenneth Brown’s Top 10 Must Haves for Spring: CasaSugar.

Good Advice for Choosing Paint Colors: Comfort & Luxury.

CalFinder-hall-teapot-giveawayLove Vintage Teapots? They’re Giving This One Away: CalFinder.

How to Install Board and Batten: Thrifty Decor Chick.

Fun Decorating Site Where People Post Photos of Their Houses: CribDisplay.

Jeff Cook's Castle-AlabamaAlabama’s Jeff Cook is Selling His Castle: Mountain Lakes Real Estate.

Canada’s Largest House on the Market for $25 million: Globe and Mail.

If You Thought Decorating With Doll Heads Was Creepy: CakeWrecks.

My Sparrow-glassFantasy Bell Jars (Love!): My Sparrow.

Is That Really a White Piano in the Kitchen? A View on Design.

I truly appreciate all of my sponsors, including Lookiloos, My Sparrow, and CalFinder. Thanks for visiting them!

Tracey April 24, 2010 at 7:47 am

Hi Julia! We need help keeping the TV from being the focal point of a room. Any ideas/examples of how to hide the big black box?
.-= Tracey´s last blog ..Slipcovered Ottoman–Takes 4 years To Make =-.

E. George April 24, 2010 at 7:56 am

Goodmorning Julia – I love the mansion and this is from a girl who is intimidated by large dwellings. I think the Bell Jars are beautiful wish we could get them here perhaps one day one can only hope. Well must go and check out the rest of the post thanks Julia…. Regards Esther from sleepy Sydney ….

Karena April 24, 2010 at 9:09 am

Hi Julia, thanks for the weekend links, I will watch them when I return from installation of my new art exhibit. details to follow.

Karena
Art by Karena
.-= Karena´s last blog ..Signature Canvas, Made in the USA =-.

hip hip gin gin April 24, 2010 at 11:01 am

Love those bell jars, oh so pretty! The house from Meet Joe Black is so amazing, I was totally distracted by it throughout the movie. It was prettier than Brad Pitt! I think the pool that Claire Forlani was swimming in was in this house, and I remember thinking how amazing it was. It was completely indoors in what seemed to be a room with lots of marble. I’ll have to watch this movie again!

Lisa April 24, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Thanks for showcasing the Aldrich Mansion from Meet Joe Black! It’s actually in my neighborhood, and it’s a gorgeous property!! I remember when they were filming that movie, the party scene called for so many extras from around Warwick that everyone knew someone on the set of the movie, and they would shoot fireworks until 2am for weeks at a time. Just sharing some hometown pride. :)
.-= Lisa´s last blog ..Our Cherrywood Cottage =-.

Kim April 24, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Wow that first house is amazing. How much I would love to be able to afford a home like that.

Lesley @ TheDesignFile April 24, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Always enjoy your list of links. Fantastic!
.-= Lesley @ TheDesignFile´s last blog ..Give Mom something for her home =-.

Struggler April 24, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Cake Wrecks is indeed a bizarre place but it’s hard to guess the purpose of those doll cakes!
As for the piano in the kitchen, there are probably worse things, but I have to assume the acoustics would be kind of weird.

Trish @TheOldPostRoad April 24, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Always look forward to your weekend links!
-Trish
.-= Trish @TheOldPostRoad´s last blog ..Florence Griswold House =-.

Angelo April 24, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Hi Julia,
Thanks so much for linking to my site. I was really surprised and totally honored, because you are one of my favorite bloggers! My friends who made the studio were very excited too when I told them about you.

Keep up the amazing work!

Angelo
.-= Angelo´s last blog ..Putting the "old" into the new =-.

Kelly R. April 25, 2010 at 12:22 am

Excellent weekend list Julia!

Tracy @ Comfort&Luxury April 25, 2010 at 1:30 am

Hey Julia! Thanks for the link! Wondered why my numbers were up like crazy today…
Cake Wrecks usually cracks me up. There is nothing funny though about icing-entombed babies. Truly disturbing. Ok, it is kind of funny. ; )
.-= Tracy @ Comfort&Luxury´s last blog ..Daisy Fresh =-.

Jay Chua April 25, 2010 at 4:13 am

Hey Julia,

Aldrich Mansion is absolutely marvelous. A dream house with a yard everyone is dying to have :)

I beg it’s one of the most expensive property in Europe..

Jay Chua
Publisher, PorchSwingSets.com

Nichole April 25, 2010 at 8:38 am

Oh my! That castle in Alabama needs a complete renovation. And I was surprised that they didn’t include pictures of the outdoors. It looks like there might be a courtyard and the listing says 10 acres. For whatever the commission is on almost 4 million, that realtor needs to get a stager in there and a profession photographer.

Love the house from Meet Joe Black and PW’s lodge, of course. :)
.-= Nichole´s last blog ..My Car: The CD Graveyard =-.

Marija April 25, 2010 at 9:24 am

I have to admit that of all these links, I’m most eager to click on the Tori Spelling house pics. Pathetic, right?! I can’t help it – I grew up with 90210. And at least I can be honest about it ;)
.-= Marija´s last blog ..Six & Seven =-.

Tracy April 25, 2010 at 10:01 am

Yay for the Aldrich Mansion!!! I live in RI and we looooooove that house in our state!!!
.-= Tracy´s last blog ..Things I need…..(well, kind of!) =-.

Kelli April 26, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Ahhhaaa, I forgot about Cake Wrecks! Thanks for the reminder!

And, wow. Jeff Cook really has some distinct tastes, doesn’t he? I imagine he’ll have a hard time unloading a place like that in that area. Here’s a quotes from him:
“I have some unique things in there,” Cook said. “You see the mount of the bass over the TV? That is a grouper painted to look like a bass. The guy who did that for me is out of California. He also did the models for the ‘Free Willy’ movies.”
.-= Kelli´s last blog ..I got the spring cleaning blues =-.

greenie April 27, 2010 at 11:16 am

Great links as always!
Love “cake wreaks”–too funny.
And the Aldrich Mansion in Narragansett is Amazing! My ancestors are from that area, but they lived in tee pees, not sprawling estates like this. :-)