Get Your House Fix: Fun Weekly Links

by hookedonhouses on April 17, 2010

Party of 5 houseThe “Party of Five” House Sells for $6.5 Million: SF Gate.

Courtney Gives Her Bedroom a Fresh (White!) Look: Nesting Instincts.

Painting Tricks and Tips: A Soft Place to Land.

Mod Vintage Life-fireplaceSee How Nita Built a New Fireplace That Fits Her Old House: Mod Vintage Life.

Bernie Madoff’s Manhattan Penthouse (imagine the bad vibes!): Boston.com.

How Sarah Defines Vintage Coastal Chic: A Beach Cottage.

CasaSugar-SatC 2 sneak peekA Sneak Peek at the Sets from Sex and the City 2: CasaSugar.

Zem Joaquin’s Ecofabulous House: Lookiloos.

Vintage Industrial Tray-Solstice Home

What Could You Do With This Cool Vintage Industrial Tray? Solstice Home.

Bottle Trees to Keep the Spirits Away: Between Naps on the Porch.

5 Things to Consider Before Choosing White Slipcovers: The Inspired Room.

Centsational Girl-bedroom makeoverKate’s Gorgeous “Grown-Up Girl’s Room” Makeover: Centsational Girl.

Diane Keaton’s House for Sale, Price Reduced. Any Takers? Pics.

I love my sponsors, including Lookiloos, Solstice Home and A Beach Cottage. Thanks for visiting them!

desiree April 17, 2010 at 8:36 am

Love that Party of 5 home–I loved the series too! Diane Keaton’s home has so much style too.
.-= desiree´s last blog ..Just Listed: Modern Bungalow in Willow Glen =-.

Annie@A View on Design April 17, 2010 at 9:39 am

yeah I can never get over Nic Cage’s home – such a great actor, not so great taste!!!

Kimba April 17, 2010 at 10:04 am

Thanks for the link, my friend! Have a great weekend. :)

Lesley @ TheDesignFile April 17, 2010 at 10:13 am

I loved Party of Five. Thanks for the link. It’s so cool!

Sheryl April 17, 2010 at 10:20 am

Bernie’s house seemed old and outdated.. Especially the master bedroom. Also, I’m curious as to why there was some exercise equipment in the bathroom..? On the other hand Diane Keaton’s house was amazing. She really has a great sense of style.

Crusty Crone April 17, 2010 at 10:25 am

I love your blog and have been enjoying it for several weeks now. Its great.

What I don’t like is when I click on my favorites link to come here and I get directed to a full screen ad slapping me in the face. I don’t mind the ads on the side. On the top. At the bottom. But getting it thrown in my face like that makes me do a slow burn. I know if I don’t like it, I don’t need to come here and I’m cool with that, but if you get a chance to give feedback on ads (this particular one was Home Depot) I hope you mention this. Well, if others mention it too, of course.

Good luck in the future.

hookedonhouses April 17, 2010 at 10:47 am

Crusty Crone–
Did that happen this morning? It was happening last night and I removed the code because I didn’t like that. I thought I stopped it. I agree–very annoying. I’ll have to talk to my ad network to see what’s going on. -Julia

Amanda @ Serenity Now April 17, 2010 at 11:34 am

Can’t wait to check out the SATC 2 sets…thanks for sharing the link. :)
.-= Amanda @ Serenity Now´s last blog ..Simple Saturday =-.

Why S? April 17, 2010 at 12:03 pm

When I was much younger, Diane Keaton was my fashion role model. I still love her and I love her home. But I couldn’t cook with all those cacti on the counter. Odd choice. Not appetizing at all.
.-= Why S?´s last blog ..A Really Quick Update =-.

Why S? April 17, 2010 at 12:11 pm

and the Madoff place? Completely devoid of any thing interesting, any real style. And seriously, there’s an exposed trash can in the kitchen? Just a big, plastic trash can sitting next to the island like in any suburban home? All that money and space and they couldn’t have built in a space for the trash? Jeez, even I have a built in a drawer for the trash and my kitchen isn’t half that size.

And even if that’s how it is, why leave it in the picture?
.-= Why S?´s last blog ..A Really Quick Update =-.

Josanne April 17, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Loved the foot in the paint can, under the painting tips link! LOL

You always have so many beautiful and unique pictures! Thank you for such an enjoyable blog!
.-= Josanne´s last blog ..Finally Home! =-.

Kate at Centsational Girl April 17, 2010 at 12:32 pm

I always look forward to your weekend roundups with my morning cup of coffee. Such great links, I love getting my ‘fix’ with you. Thanks so much for the mention!
xo
Kate
.-= Kate at Centsational Girl´s last blog ..Decorative Pillow GIVEAWAY =-.

Christina @ My Sparrow April 17, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Julia,

Great links! I have a few different pictures of the Sex and the City 2 set here from last week if you would like.. http://greigedesign.blogspot.com/2010/04/sex-and-city-2-set-sneak-peek.html

Have a great weekend! Cannot wait to see what you have next week.

Christina

Kim April 17, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Lord sakes alive, Julia. Your posts continue to astound me. They are my requirement, routine for me on how I start my day. You’re marvelous and I thank you for this jaw dropping post.
.-= Kim´s last blog ..Red Cherokee Dogwood Tree =-.

Kim April 17, 2010 at 3:23 pm

I love the looks of the Party of five house. I wish they had shown pictures of the inside.

Diane’s Keaton’s house would be great as a vacation home, but not as a regular home.

Stacy@RedDoorHome April 17, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Thanks for sharing all these fabulous linkks.
.-= Stacy@RedDoorHome´s last blog ..Metal Top Table Redo =-.

The Zhush April 17, 2010 at 8:28 pm

OH! Charlotte’s fab white kitchen complete with pink cupcakes AND the party of five house! I love you!
.-= The Zhush´s last blog ..Random Chanel Item =-.

E. George April 17, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Hi Julia in the words of a song I love – Ain’t Nobody Does It Better Than You thanks Julia its a great post as usual I want Dianne Keatons house now where is that lottery ticket? I have a request I saw a glimpse of Alanis Morrisssettes home the other day Wow that girl has style I don’t know if you have seen it (this is probably a silly question) I think you would like it…….. Regards Esther from Sydney…. ps hope you have a great week….

Courtney @ Nesting Instincts April 18, 2010 at 8:51 am

thanks for the link, Julia! I am just laughing because now I realize a tiny bit of just how big your blog has become. I was out of town yesterday and came back to a large number of visitors yesterday…thanks to you! I’m so happy to be included in your post of links worth checking out. :-) Too fun!!
.-= Courtney @ Nesting Instincts´s last blog ..friday’s fabulous finds: pretty art for your wall =-.

desiree April 18, 2010 at 11:02 am

I really love the tray from Solstice–so I bought it! It will great on my kitchen table. Thanks for the link too! Hope you’re having a great weekend!?desiree
.-= desiree´s last blog ..Just Listed: Modern Bungalow in Willow Glen =-.

{ 1 trackback }