Caption This: Santa in the House

I Spy Santa-blue bedroom

When Santa returned home after Christmas, he was disheartened to see that Mrs. Claus had been busy “decorating” again.

How would you caption this photo?

Betty's bathroom was mocked by the rest of the house for its delusions of grandeur. When I ran across this photo in the real estate…
When it comes to Bad MLS photos, I thought I'd seen it all. Then a reader named Jan sent me these. She says that that…

Comments

He sees when you’ve been decorating in your sleep. He knows when your awake. He knows when you’ve been bad or good, so be good for decorating sake!

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

Christi @ A Southern Life
    .-= Christi at A Southern Life´s last blog ..Southern Ornaments =-.

• says

Oh My Gosh that is so funny.,. I’m at work trying not to laugh out loud.. I think I hurt something… LOL LOL LOL

That is so funny. “Santa regrets that he’d said ‘yes’ when Mrs. Claus asked if she could freshen up their bedroom while he was out of town.”

Oh, goodness. Thank you for this smile-bringer. Your blog is continually a source of delight!
    .-= Richella at Imparting Grace´s last blog ..Unwrapping a memory =-.

What’s really sad is that the person who created this blue mess really thinks it’s spectacular. She broke every rule in the decorating handbook, too, poor thing! From blocking a window with a bed to fake flowers to Creepy Santa who looks like Burger King’s cousin…yikes!!! I bet if you moved around the furniture and took at least half of the crap out of the room, it would look really nice…she has the right idea, but just way too much of it.
    .-= Bella´s last blog ..More (NEW) $5 Magazine Subscriptions! =-.

4. Lili says

I LOVE that headboard! And the clock… so shabby chic! The decor can certainly go though, and Santa is plain creepy in that pic.

5. Janelle says

“Santa returned home from his midnight run to find that the Easter Bunny had thrown up all over his bed. Unable to find Mrs. Claus, and too exhausted to do the laundry himself, he collapsed into his chair, where he slept all that day.”

6. greenie says

I’m speechless. I have no caption…
    But, I love the quirkiness of this set-up. I mean come on, is it for real? Like someone actually thinks THIS is good decorating?

Annie told me she freaked out when she awoke to see Santa at her beside watching her sleep.
    I said, “Girl, that is the least of your problems!”

Uhm. It looks like an elf died in the middle of that bed. Either that or Chiffon puked all over the room… yuck.

“what happens when elfs talk back to Mrs. Claus”
    .-= Kelly´s last blog ..Countdown begins =-.

9. Country French Judi says

Our train set has just had a wreck!! Where do people get all these ideas from?? Don’t they know when enough is enough. Imagine what the rest of the house looks like, a cluster….!!!!!

10. Carol M says

Santa could only watch helplessly as Mrs. Claus disappeared through the middle of the bed, swallowed by the Creature from the Blue Lace Lagoon.

11. Claire says

Ok, I have dust mite allergies and just looking at this picture is making me itch in sympathy for Santa, but I’ll give it a go:

“Santa wonders what he did wrong to have his wife try to hide his bed from him.”

And JenR, LOL!

If ever a room deserved a great big chunk of coal….

EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!! That’s just plain BAD!!!!!

Kelly

13. Becky in SC says

Truly The Nightmare Before Christmas!!This room looks like some sort of holding place for someone’s scrap lace pieces!! With Santa being an afterthought over on the side!! For Heaven’s Sake…..

This is what happens when you don’t get out much…you bring the sustainable living indoors.
    Kind of a fantasy life. This is the room of a very elderly woman for sure.
    Santa is looking for his cookies and milk…wait where are his hands oh no…this is really bad. He’s checking his text messages before wifie get a hold of his cell phone.
    Could his list be longer than Tiger Woods! Oh my what a year this has been!

15. Cathryn says

“The neighbors realized they had really pissed off Martha Stewart when they saw their re-decorated bedroom, after it was pronounced ‘A Good Thing’.”
    Or
    “At last! A purpose for Beth’s crinoline collection was at hand!”
    Or
    “Before the episode could even broadcast, the Smith family sued both their neighbors and the producers of Trading Spaces over the ‘Santa, Baby’ master bedroom theme.”
    .-= Cathryn´s last blog ..$70,000 a Year For One Drug =-.

16. Cathryn says

Not sure what that $70,000 a year thing is on my post….NOT MINE!

17. Christy Z. says

My caption:

Very quickly Santa was faced with the down-side to Mrs Claus’s recent repeated viewings of “Gone with the Wind”.

It looks to me like an explosion at Tiffany’s. I just can’t figure out how Santa got caught up in the middle of it 😉

19. Keri Brown says

Ha! I sent you this photo and the article is from our newspaper which features a home every Sunday. The funny part is it was featured, I believe, this summer. What was Santa doing in there? You all would love to see the rest of this house……..

It kind of reminds me of my neighbor’s house. She’d probably LOVE it.

hee hee…

Julie M.

ps Is Santa gazing at a cluster of heart pillows on the bed?
    .-= Julie M.´s last blog .."24…25…26…" =-.

deck the bed with fills and fru-fru,
    fa-la-la-la-la la-la la-la
    fake roses in pink and light blue,
    fa-la-la-la-la la-la la-la
    use an old dress for your curtains
    fa-la-la, la-la-la, la, la, la
    this whole room has got me hurtin’
    fa-la-la-la-la la-la la-la!

P.S. Give me until the weekend and I will get you some doozies from the local listings here in nashvegas!
    .-= Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish´s last blog ..DIY Ornaments with a Twist! =-.

22. Claire says

I had to come back and comment on this some more. I just can’t help myself.

Jess, I think another name for using a dress as curtains should be “pulling a reverse Scarlett O’Hara.”

Also, Julia, when this showed up in my blog reader, I thought you had lost your mind. I’m glad to see not only your mind is intact, but so is your sense of humor!

23. Andrea says

Santa was chagrined when he realized it had been 22 years since Jennifer had requested, “a frilly pillow for my bed.”

24. melissa says

I don’t have anything clever or funny about the picture but I do really love the headboard!

25. Anna says

Santa realized he went down the wrong chimney when he realized the occupants were Jewish…

26. Meg says

Artificial flowers ? Check. billowy lace curtains? check.
    Nylon robin egg blue bedspread? Check.

The “Rosary Room” – is complete!

27. Patti says

This photo really makes Santa look very, very creepy. I once took MLS photos of a house with a six foot Santa in the dining room (it was July already!#@*???) along with other Christmas decor. And an undressed Barbie that looked like she was being swallowed alive by a ceramic crocodile? I had a difficult time trying to get photos around all the stuff.

28. Bev says

Ooooo I’m getting a migrain looking at all the errrrrr…..frills and things. Santa looks like Mrs eversham in great expectations! lol lol lol

Bev UK

29. Carol Henry says

These captions and the picture are cracking me up and have made my day!