Fresh Springtime Table Settings

by hookedonhouses on March 18, 2009

Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn

Need some inspiration for your Easter or Springtime table settings? I do! Here are some of my favorite fresh ideas for the season.

Country Living

Country Living

We eat outside whenever possible when the weather’s nice, so I’m always looking for ways to pretty-up my patio table. I like the idea of painting old cans in soft blues and greens and filling them with flowers. Country Living magazine suggests using paint samples that you can pick up in most hardware stores. I don’t know about you, but I have a veritable graveyard of leftover paint in my basement that I could choose from–even cheaper!

Country Living

Country Living

Seed packets brighten up the table and would make fun party favors. This makes me want to invite some girlfriends over for brunch.

Midwest Living

Midwest Living

Pretty purples and greens were used for this Spring Breakfast in Midwest Living. I like how they displayed the eggs on the pedestal. The bamboo-handled silverware and twine tied around the napkin rings give it a casual elegance.

Now I want to throw a party and try some of these ideas, don’t you?

If You’re Hooked on Spring:

Pat March 18, 2009 at 7:11 pm

Beautiful inspiration, Julia!!

Pat’s last blog post..~A Nautical Table~

~CC Catherine March 18, 2009 at 7:19 pm

Love the magazine ideas., and the seed packet is a great time as a little perk by the plate for this time of year! Great share! Very motivating! ;) ~CC Catherine

~CC Catherine’s last blog post..An Outdoor Tea Party Tablescape Under the Pergola!

Pam March 18, 2009 at 7:25 pm

So refreshing. Can’t wait for the warm weather to stay! Pam

Pam’s last blog post..Cat in a Box

Susan March 18, 2009 at 7:46 pm

Hi Julia…I LOVE all of these rooms…be hard to pic a fav! :-) Love the blue and white plaid flatware, the yellow dot rug that makes me want to play Twister…ooops…am I showing my age? And those precious bunnies lying on their backs balancing the planters…so cute! :-) So much whimsy…love it! :-) Susan

Susan’s last blog post..Welcome to the 30th Tablescape Thursday!

Kathleen Ellis March 18, 2009 at 7:46 pm

Hi Julia!
What great inspiration…THANK YOU! I love that last setting with the whimsical little bunny!
Happy Spring!
;-D

Kathleen Ellis’s last blog post..Whimsical, Magical Spring Tea….

Sue March 18, 2009 at 7:55 pm

Oh, what pretty spring inspiration. I better get busy for my Tablesetting Thursday post, you have inspired me, thank you.
Hugs,
Sue

Sue’s last blog post..Spring Fluffing

Jazzspin March 18, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Great ideas, gotta love spring time.

Jazzspin’s last blog post..Utah Jazz 103, Washington Wizards 88

Janie Gore March 18, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Very inspirational! Love those bunnies on their backs, kickin’ up their feet!

Janie Gore’s last blog post..Tablescape Thursday- Pink and Green

Deb March 18, 2009 at 8:40 pm

I love all of these but my favorite is the one with the bunny planters! Deb

Deb’s last blog post..Tablescape Thursday – The bunny is over here

Kim @ Forever Wherever March 18, 2009 at 8:50 pm

Oh, I love the colored cans. Pretty and simple!!
~Kim

Kim @ Forever Wherever’s last blog post..I’m Making My Own Candles!

jeweledrabbit March 18, 2009 at 8:55 pm

All of those table settings are beautiful, but I’m especially partial to the purple one.

jeweledrabbit’s last blog post..Scrapping It All and Starting Over

Christine March 18, 2009 at 8:56 pm

How pretty and fresh looking! Thanks for the inspiration. I love that upside down bunny vase!..Christine

Kathy/Mama March 18, 2009 at 9:10 pm

All beautiful and inspiring, I think my fae was the yellow table but I loved them all. Kathy.

Kathy/Mama’s last blog post..Tablescape Thursday – A cup of Tea and a chat in the Garden

terrie March 18, 2009 at 9:40 pm

I love your inspirations. You have a great eye for design.

Barbara March 18, 2009 at 9:41 pm

I love the spring table.

Barbara’s last blog post..Tablescape Thursday

Remodeling Guy March 18, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Hi Julia,

I was thinking as I was reading…”I better tell Kim about this post, she would love it…” And then I see that she has already commented, so she beat me to it!

So we both love it, we must be made for each other. I’m in love with the room itself in the top picture…aren’t those doors cool? Then, my next favorite thing is the (are the) painted cans. What a great idea!

Tim

Remodeling Guy’s last blog post..Don’t Forget Your Apron – Window Casing, Sills, and More!

Misti England March 18, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Hey Julia, if you’re inviting then I am coming! Will you use those cane seat chairs please? I love them so much, but I want them in black or red. I’m a red/orange kind of gal. The paint cans are just adorable! Thanks for the inspiration.
~Misti

Misti England’s last blog post..Chair Repair: A Dog Story

jain March 18, 2009 at 10:16 pm

love the feel of fresh fresh fresh!

Linda/ "Mom..." March 18, 2009 at 10:28 pm

*** These A-R-E INSPIRING!!! ABsolutely CHARMING!!! So glad you shared these!!! Thanks, Linda/RMS’s “Mom of a German Shorthair”

Susan March 18, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Great spring tables!

Susan’s last blog post..3/19 Tablescape Thursday- Gollum’s dishes

Courtney March 18, 2009 at 10:38 pm

i just love these inspiration tables, it actually makes me want to host a little get together that is spring inspired!

Courtney’s last blog post..How Motivation to Clean Works for Me and a Giveaway!

Kelley March 19, 2009 at 7:20 am

Great ideas, I just love the yellow and white together

Kelley’s last blog post..Breaking the Rules

Susan Lang @ Designing Your Dream Home March 19, 2009 at 7:23 am

Love the idea of using seed packets on a table! Thanks!

Susan Lang @ Designing Your Dream Home’s last blog post..Shower Shelves, Which do you prefer?

rue March 19, 2009 at 7:59 am

That first picture makes me want to paint my breakfast room chairs, but I think Rich might have a heart attack LOL I will be painting some cans though! How cute is that?!

rue

rue’s last blog post..Our almost, but not quite finished bedroom

bungalow_bliss March 19, 2009 at 9:08 am

I, too, love the painted cans. Such a simple idea, but it’s very charming.

bungalow_bliss’s last blog post..Spring in My Step

Marty March 19, 2009 at 9:44 am

All of the tables are just so pretty and inviting. I love the idea of painting the cans and anything else you find around the house. Just lovely. Hugs, Marty

Lady Katherine March 19, 2009 at 10:24 am

I love the purple setting! It’s so lovely!

Lady Katherine’s last blog post..A TEA PARTY FOR LADY KATHERINE BIRTHDAY

Lorrie March 19, 2009 at 10:57 am

Beautiful – I especially like those sweet pastel tin cans. Such a simple idea but so charming.

Lorrie

desiree March 19, 2009 at 11:06 am

Thanks for the inspiration. These are really beautiful. I love the yellow and in the last one the radishes with the napkins. So clever.

desiree’s last blog post..Silicon Valley History – Galindo-Leigh House

Linda@Lime in the Coconut March 19, 2009 at 11:23 am

Loverly…each of them!

Linda@Lime in the Coconut’s last blog post..Outdoor work…

Liz March 19, 2009 at 11:41 am

Those beautiful pics are so inspiring!! I think the yellow one is my fave – such a simple palette, yet so effective!

Liz’s last blog post..Habitat For Humanity ReStores

Jenny March 19, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Those are so refreshing!

Jenny’s last blog post..Our Backyard by Abby & An Interview

Anne @ Pink Galoshes March 19, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Seriously loving that yellow and white rug! So fresh and vibrant, and definitely makes the room pop!

Jean March 19, 2009 at 3:01 pm

I loved the idea of the seed packets. It makes me want to have friends over for a springtime luncheon. And were those spring radishes in the napkin? I can’t wait to plant a garden. Thanks for sharing!

Jean’s last blog post..First Tablescape Thursday

Catherine at Design Editor March 19, 2009 at 4:06 pm

I love the painted tin cans! Great Easter idea!

Catherine at Design Editor’s last blog post..Big news!

Cass March 19, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Lovely and inspirational table settings. I like the idea of painting the cans for flowers… and boy, do I have leftover paint!

Thanks, Julia — as always, a lovely post! … Cass

Cass’s last blog post..Tablescaping, Thrifting, and (Always) Thanking!

Laura Ingalls Gunn March 19, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Beautiful images!

Mary Beth March 19, 2009 at 7:30 pm

They are all so pretty!

Mary Beth’s last blog post..Easter Centerpieces

Michelle March 20, 2009 at 6:57 am

I love the old can ideas.

Michelle’s last blog post..I Have Declared War.

teresa March 20, 2009 at 7:01 am

I’m hooked on spring too! and I love a pretty table, and I’m always on the looked out for ways to change things up a bit- Thanks for your ideas.

teresa’s last blog post..Celebrate Spring-

The Happy Housewife March 20, 2009 at 7:53 am

I love the idea of eating outside. We don’t really have a good place at our current house, but our last house had a great deck and we ate outside frequently.
Toni

The Happy Housewife’s last blog post..Ultimate Blog Party ~ Welcome to The Happy House

JudyBug March 20, 2009 at 8:08 am

Love all the pics! Spring ideas are my favorite!

JudyBug

Sandy March 20, 2009 at 8:19 am

I adore the simplicity of the painted tin cans for vases! Thanks for sharing.

Sandy’s last blog post..She Speaks Scholarship Contest For Bloggers…

Shawn/Lifeatbuttercupfarm March 20, 2009 at 8:24 am

LOVERLY!!!!! What a beautiful sight! Love the vintage seed packs to”color-up” up a beautiful table.

Shawn/Lifeatbuttercupfarm’s last blog post..Mood Enhancement in the Dominican

Becky K. March 20, 2009 at 8:55 am

I notices the seed packets right away.

Love them…

It is a bit soon for us to eat outside but we are looking forward to the days when the weather is warm enough that we can.

Becky K.’s last blog post..Chatting With Friends

Becky K. March 20, 2009 at 8:55 am

Oops! Typo on my comment…noticed…

Becky K.’s last blog post..Chatting With Friends

Ms.Tee March 24, 2009 at 12:12 am

These are all gorgeous! The first photo just makes my heart skip a beat – I love all the spring-y color and textures. :)

Ms.Tee’s last blog post..Magazine Mondays – Birdbath Beauties

Moi May 23, 2009 at 1:12 am

I love the idea of the flowers in the painted cans – how pretty!

And I love the last pic with the green and purple colors. That is my favorite color combination!

Mrs. Stranded February 26, 2011 at 9:10 am

The painted cans is a great idea for outdoor, summer BBQs. I’m always nervous about bringing glass vases outside. This is a wonderful way to add color to a table without using the breakables.

{ 5 trackbacks }