My 5 Favorite Before & Afters of 2008

by hookedonhouses on January 6, 2009

Who doesn’t love a good makeover? Today I’m joining Rhoda’s “Before & After” Blog Party over at Southern Hospitality. We’re supposed to share our favorite Before & Afters of 2008. I narrowed mine down to the Top 5, and here they are (I’m showing the afters–click on the links to see entire articles with more photos, including the befores):

#1: Anna Maria Horner’s Kitchen

#2: Lily’s Little Bathroom

#3: A Sears Honor-Bilt Home Gets a Kitchen Makeover

#4: Aja’s Colorful Kitchen Makeover

#5: Winner of “Strangest Makeover:” Cabinets Painted to Look Like Stainless Steel

To see all of my “Before & After” posts from 2008, click here.

Ms.Tee January 6, 2009 at 10:19 pm

My favorites are the colorful ones and Anna Maria Horner’s – I love how she uses so much color in everything she does – she’s so brave!

Robin January 6, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Anna Maria can come decorate my kitchen any old time. And I can’t believe I missed those “stainless” cabinets the first time around! What rock was I under? Yikes!

Bella Casa January 7, 2009 at 6:45 am

Aw, that colorful kitchen and Lily’s bathroom put a big old smile on my face!

I wrote a post on Monday that I think you’ll like, Julia…about HGTV’s Designed to Sell, oh and Scott Baio ;) ha

Pat January 7, 2009 at 8:23 am

HI Julia! I just clicked over from Rhoda’s to see your wonderful makeover post! I’ll be back in a bit for a closer look. I have 6 makeoversn posted at the Back Porch. It was fun taking a look back to what we were up to in 2008.

the pleasures of homemaking January 7, 2009 at 9:03 am

The cabinets painted to look like stainless steel are amazing – I’d love to see those in person!

Manuela

Amy @ Living Locurto January 7, 2009 at 9:06 am

I love that colorful kitchen. How cute!

jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam January 7, 2009 at 9:10 am

hi Julia – Your link on Rhoda’s brings you to Rhoda’s post. You may want to go put in another link so everyone can see your amazing projects. :) It may have happened when she had Mr. Linky problems, but thought you may want to know. :)

Slowish Food January 7, 2009 at 9:18 am

I’d forgotten how adorable both the colorful kitchen and Lily’s bathroom were! Makes me want to throw out any white plates I have and start over!

Laura Ingalls Gunn January 7, 2009 at 9:28 am

What amazing transformations ~ well done!

bj January 7, 2009 at 10:02 am

absolutely fabulous….the kitchen is just to die for….

Melissa (Missy) January 7, 2009 at 10:29 am

Love the 2 colorful kitchens and the bathroom.

Rhoda January 7, 2009 at 10:35 am

Julia, those were all fun to see again! Thanks for playing along. Love Lily’s bathroom. I’ll try to come up with a post for your party on Friday. It’s been so fun to get to know you this last year!

rue January 7, 2009 at 10:51 am

Hi Julia :)

Great makeovers! I love what you did to Lily’s bathroom! It’s so cute, bright and cheerful. For some reason, I missed that.

rue

leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville January 7, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Oh, they all look great! I am here from the 2008 Before and After! Stop by my place if you can.

wanderluster January 7, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I love Anna Maria Horner’s kitchen…such a bold and fun use of colour. You did a nice job on Lily’s bathroom too. Not too young and girly, just right and the look with grow with her.

Linda January 7, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Julia, Julia, Julia…always feeding us the eye candy! Some wonderful makeovers I haven’t seen before!

Thanks!!

bungalow_bliss January 7, 2009 at 2:07 pm

No surprise that #3 left me in a puddle. Oh, the things I could do without the limitations of a budget!

Hmm, the “stainless steel” cabinets…interesting, for sure! I have to agree with your assessment, though. The cabs don’t quite jive with everything else going on in the room.

Thanks for the re-cap!

Kim@ForeverWherever January 7, 2009 at 6:12 pm

I love the colorful kitchen! Just my style!

Beth at Aunties January 7, 2009 at 9:32 pm

The kitchen is very bright and welcoming! I like the colored bowls. Are the Craft and Barrel?

becky January 7, 2009 at 10:02 pm

That was just wonderful. I love all the ideas that I am getting on all of you gals blogs.
It is truely fun out here in blogland today thanks to all of you
Becky

sandra/tx January 8, 2009 at 10:45 am

Julia, what a fun post! I know I’ve seen most of those re-dos before, but it’s fun seeing them all together.

You’re going to have such fun at the conference. In fact, I’m quite envious that you get to go. I’m sure you’ll let us know all about it.

Sue January 8, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Oh My God….the painted stainless steel “Look” kitchen….it looks like something my husband would have come up with…You know a man had something to do with that.

Sue’s last blog post..BLACKBERRY JAM…..SO EASY…..SO GOOD!!

Kim April 7, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Stainless steel cabinets??? Not my fav, but if it makes you feel great in the space, then your mission was accomplished!!

Kim