Can You Guess Which Celebrity Baby Sleeps Here?

by hookedonhouses on December 1, 2008

A certain celebrity couple purchased this house over the summer, shortly before giving birth to their first child together. Can you guess who the famous family is?

Here are your 3 clues:

1. The mother is an Academy-Award winning actress who was born in Hawaii.
  2. The father is a Grammy-winning singer who was born in New Zealand.
  3. The baby’s first photo debuted on Oprah when the mother was promoting a film.

Take your best guess in the comments and then come back tomorrow to see the rest of this famous family’s new place! In the meantime, check out Heirlooms To Be, which sells beautiful baby furniture to celebrity moms and dads like these.

P.S. Today is my husband Dave’s birthday, so we’re celebrating around here. I, for one, am very thankful that he was born! Love ya, Babe.

Ashley BB December 1, 2008 at 10:32 pm

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban! I heard they were moving to Nashville (well around there). Interesting!

Robin December 1, 2008 at 10:43 pm

I’m with Ashley on this, that is my guess as well. But I didn’t think they had a baby yet? Am I that out of touch? Or did she show the ultrasound picture? While promoting Baz Luhrman’s “Australia”?

Janis December 1, 2008 at 10:49 pm

I too think it’s Nicole and Keith. They had a baby girl and named her Sunday Rose.

Suzann December 1, 2008 at 11:01 pm

I do believe that the other comments were correct. This nursery belongs to Sunday Rose Kidman Urban.

angela | the painted house December 2, 2008 at 12:01 am

I need an orange round rug.

I’m going to steal the other ladies’ answers.

angela | the painted house December 2, 2008 at 12:01 am

Oh, and happy birthday, Dave!

le December 2, 2008 at 12:09 am

yep it must be Nic – although we think of her as aussie …. and keith who we also think of aussie – he from cabooluture – 20 mins away …

bold choice – the orange – a wee bit too much for me …

Happiest of days with your dave xoxox le

Aubrey December 2, 2008 at 12:35 am

For once I guessed right!
For once a celebrity nursery I want–with a little more muted orange–I value my headache-free days. Maybe I’m just crushing on their Roman shades. I’m am obsessed with those.

Happy birthday to your handy husband.

Mom in High Heels December 2, 2008 at 2:28 am

What a refreshingly non-weird nursery. Has to belong to NK and KU.

Ramona Owen December 2, 2008 at 6:45 am

Happy Birthday to your husband. I am loving that orange rug…I have a huge thing for orange lately. Nicole and Keith is my vote too…great nursery.

Have a great day.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Kathy December 2, 2008 at 7:27 am

Nicole Kidman was my first thought, too, when I saw born in Hawaii, I figured I was wrong. Shows how much I keep up with celebrities.

Emily@remodelingthislife.com December 2, 2008 at 7:35 am

ditto to kathy! :-)

Jen R Sanctuary Arts December 2, 2008 at 7:55 am

I read the other responses to see if any one else had the answer! I never would have guessed that!

reagan December 2, 2008 at 8:31 am

My guesses before looking at the comments were going to be ashley simpson and her husband but then I realized that she isn’t an award winning actress. So then I thought that it could be Nicole kidman and Keith urban. I knew he was born in new zealand but didn’t realize she was born in hawaii. The thing is, that room does not look like a baby girl’s room to me! Does it look like a girl room to you???? I don’t really like it.

hookedonhouses December 2, 2008 at 8:37 am

This was an MLS picture taken from the house before the famous couple bought it, so it’s the former owners’ furniture. Don’t know if a boy or girl was sleeping in it before. -Julia

KayJay December 2, 2008 at 8:43 am

I don’t know much about celebrities and their environs, but I do know Dave and he has made the world a much better place by being here. Happy Birthday, Dave!

Mia's Pearls December 2, 2008 at 9:17 am

My first thought was Nicole as well, but then I thought she wasn’t born in Hawaii. :)

Happy birthday to Dave!

TraceyB December 2, 2008 at 9:47 am

you all are so smart! I had no clue. A big ole YUCK on the room though, hate it.

Cathy December 2, 2008 at 12:45 pm

I have no clue but I don’t like the room.. too cool and crisp. It’s not warm and cozy at all..another YUCK

Kelly December 2, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Yep, Nicole and my crush Keith. I hope i’ts their home that had built near Leiper’s Fork outside of Nashville. (They had also purchased a home in Nashville to live in in the meantime. This was after they sold the house Keith had bought before they were married). Aside from this blog, I read a real estate blog, lol :)

rue December 2, 2008 at 1:44 pm

Hi Julia :)

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

The nursery…. I wouldn’t have guessed until I read the answers… hmmm…. Not a fan of this for a girl.

I loved catching up with you! The story about the woman that used to live in one of those old houses was wonderful, but that story was so sad about the sister’s house that got torn down.

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I loved the cookies :)

Oh and I have to do wash and clean the house before I decorate too, so I hear ya ;)

rue

Amy from Texas December 2, 2008 at 5:48 pm

I hope it’s a boy’s room!!

“Whoever said orange was the new pink is seriously disturbed.”
-Elle Woods

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Hope you guys have fun:-)

Billy December 2, 2008 at 7:41 pm

Baby Urban. Is it me or dose it look like an Ikea showroom?

Melinda December 2, 2008 at 9:40 pm

Billy- I couldn’t have said it any better … IKEA !

ELIZABETH December 3, 2008 at 9:22 pm

WELL OF COURSE IT’S THAT BEAUTIFUL LITTLE SUNDAY URBAN

Darla - Sassy Homemaker December 17, 2008 at 5:32 pm

Oh thank goodness someone else knew the answer. I suck at trivia. ;)

I do like the room tho, it’s a tiny bit sterile. Nothing on the walls…hrmmm…

{ 1 trackback }