Can You Guess Whose Bedroom This Is?

by hookedonhouses on August 12, 2008

It’s time to play “Guess the Celebrity Home!

When I found photos of this one, I thought it was refreshingly un-celebrity-like. It’s a charming, light-filled cottage in California. A well-known actress slept in this lovely bedroom for many years but sadly had to put it on the market this summer because of health and financial issues.

Need a hint?

Here Are Your 5 Clues:

1. She starred in a string of hits in the 1970s and ’80s and was nominated for an Oscar for one of them.

2. She is single but has one child, an adopted daughter.

3. She’s been facing significant health issues but continues to work and champion causes that are close to her heart.

4. She appeared in an episode of “Star Trek” that was intended to be the springboard for a spin-off series that never came about.

5. She’s been a frequent guest on the “Late Show with David Letterman,” especially in the ’80s and ’90s.

This Actress Once Said:

“I’ve always had this American-pie face that would get work in commercials…I’d say things like ‘Hi Marge, how’s your laundry?’ and ‘Hi, I’m a real nice Georgia peach’. Sometimes this work is one step above being a cocktail waitress.”

Think you know who it is? Take a guess in the comments and then come back tomorrow to see the rest of the house!

UPDATE: Click here for the answer and the rest of the tour.

If You’re Hooked on Famous Houses:
Bella August 12, 2008 at 8:00 am

I’m beyond stumped…I hate when that happens!

That is one lovely room, can’t wait to see who it is!

Bella

Marie August 12, 2008 at 8:08 am

I have NO clue! Can’t wait to find out though. Pretty room!

Amy August 12, 2008 at 8:16 am

I haven’t a clue but I love the bedroom!

Amateur Tightwad August 12, 2008 at 8:21 am

I’m guessing Teri Garr? I hope not. I love her.

Jen R August 12, 2008 at 8:31 am

I am going to guess Teri Garr

Angela August 12, 2008 at 8:34 am

This is where my lack of pop culture knowledge really shows through!

MimiG August 12, 2008 at 8:53 am

My first thought was Terri Garr also. I know she’s having a lot of health issues right now.

cardinalkay August 12, 2008 at 9:03 am

H O L A!

I know who it is! TERRI GARR! I saw photos of her house in a decorating magazine years ago and have never forgotten how cool they were! I love her, and I love her sense of style! That room is awesome, and doesn’t it make you long to seize a sledge hammer and remove a ceiling or two?

K A Y

cardinalkay August 12, 2008 at 9:05 am

HOLA AGAIN!

When I see a scrumptuous, all-white room like this, it has me yearning to paint everything that doesn’t move, white! Who’s with me? Terri Garr has has M.S. for years, I forgot to mention. Wouldn’t you love to be her best friend?

K A Y

REAGAN August 12, 2008 at 9:07 am

I have no idea… Can’t wait to see who it is though!

MaryBeth August 12, 2008 at 9:26 am

Only from your description do I know it is Terri Garr. I am amazed at this room it is so beautiful and what a sin she had to sell. I see above someone said her house was featured in a magazine I would love to find out which one and see other rooms. I would say thanks for the quiz but this one hurts a little, since she had to leave for medical and financial reasons. MB

Norma August 12, 2008 at 9:28 am

This is Terri Garr’s bedroom, she sold the house this June, the buyer was not a celebrity. That’s so sad that she has to sell that beautiful home, because she can’t work , she’s had MS for a few years now.

Ramona Owen August 12, 2008 at 9:36 am

Such a relaxing bedroom….this is a room that would really help you to have some sweet, sweet dreams….ZZZzzz

I am dizzy with relaxation just looking at the photo.

Terri Garr is a delightful actress…love her in Close Encounters.

Smiles ~ Ramona

hookedonhouses August 12, 2008 at 9:48 am

MaryBeth, don’t worry. The rest of the pics are coming tomorrow, so you’ll see the rest of the house! -J :-)

Lena August 12, 2008 at 9:49 am

Thats so sad. The home looks beautiful…

maya August 12, 2008 at 10:26 am

I love Teri Garr. After Hours is one of my all-time favorite movies.

rue August 12, 2008 at 10:32 am

Hi Julia :)

Beautiful bedroom. I’ve always loved Teri Garr. I knew who it was when you mentioned David Letterman. She is his favorite. I wondered what happened to her. How sad that she has to go through losing her house on top of everything else.

rue

Cindy August 12, 2008 at 10:56 am

Hello, I really enjoy your blog!…I too am “hooked on houses”. I dont know who this beautiful bedroom belongs to, but I wish it was me….

Kathy :) August 12, 2008 at 11:16 am

Terri Garr, I know she has MS but didn’t know she was going to lose her home !! I always loved her on the Letterman show, I always got the feeling that Dave had a crush on her. So sad Julia .I think she started out as a dancer.

What a pretty room, it suits her I think.

Kathy :)

Elizabeth August 12, 2008 at 12:02 pm

I am going to guess terri garr also. What a shame; it’s such a lovely home.
I’ll never forget her in Tootsie, “I control my own orgasm!”

Ms.Tee August 12, 2008 at 12:17 pm

I don’t have any idea who’s it is – but I love her bedroom. It’s so soothing. Love all that white!

Elizabeth August 12, 2008 at 12:36 pm

My gosh, that’s one gorgeous room. I dont have a clue who it is, but if it is Terri and she did have to sell for health reasons… I’m so sorry for her.

abbreviated August 12, 2008 at 12:45 pm

Interesting…

Pat August 12, 2008 at 1:44 pm

I saw Teri Garr’s house in a magazine a long time ago. I remember hearing she has had MS for many years.

Melissa Lewis - Off The Wall August 12, 2008 at 5:12 pm

Your games are so fun! I must admit though that the answer here is beyond me!

I do love this bedroom though:)

courtney @ nesting instincts August 12, 2008 at 5:31 pm

I had no idea, but of course, reading everyone’s comments, there seems to be a consensus. What a gorgeous room…how heartbreaking she’s had to leave it, too!

Melody from ~Pennies In My Pocket~ August 12, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Wow, GORGEOUS! I am so inspired! Oh and I’m FINALLY BACK! So sorry for never responding to your comments. I haven’t been on my blog since April and barely on the internet…I updated my blog with all the info.

We’re remodeling a TON so I’ll have to send ya pictures when I get them all set up! :-)

So glad to be back…I need your blog for inspiration!!

~melody~

Kellye August 12, 2008 at 7:44 pm

That’s very sad about Teri Garr. My father has MS, so I know how awful it can be.

It’s a lovely, simple room. However, it’s not my style at all.

rick August 12, 2008 at 8:44 pm

Terri Garr

Linda B August 12, 2008 at 9:49 pm

Why, it’s MY bedroom…THAT’S where I put it!

Snort. Loverly, indeed.