Can You Guess Whose Bedroom This Is?

It’s time to play “Guess the Celebrity Home!

When I found photos of this one, I thought it was refreshingly un-celebrity-like. It’s a charming, light-filled cottage in California. A well-known actress slept in this lovely bedroom for many years but sadly had to put it on the market this summer because of health and financial issues.

Need a hint?

Here Are Your 5 Clues:

1. She starred in a string of hits in the 1970s and ’80s and was nominated for an Oscar for one of them.

2. She is single but has one child, an adopted daughter.

3. She’s been facing significant health issues but continues to work and champion causes that are close to her heart.

4. She appeared in an episode of “Star Trek” that was intended to be the springboard for a spin-off series that never came about.

5. She’s been a frequent guest on the “Late Show with David Letterman,” especially in the ’80s and ’90s.

This Actress Once Said:

“I’ve always had this American-pie face that would get work in commercials…I’d say things like ‘Hi Marge, how’s your laundry?’ and ‘Hi, I’m a real nice Georgia peach’. Sometimes this work is one step above being a cocktail waitress.”

Think you know who it is? Take a guess in the comments and then come back tomorrow to see the rest of the house!

UPDATE: Click here for the answer and the rest of the tour.

If You’re Hooked on Famous Houses:
Okay, boys and girls. It's time to play "Can You Guess Who Lives Here?" Believe it or not, this unassuming kitchen belongs to a big-time…
You guys proved yourselves so smart in our last guessing game about Teri Garr's house that I'm afraid it's impossible to trick you. But what…

Comments

I’m beyond stumped…I hate when that happens!

That is one lovely room, can’t wait to see who it is!

Bella

2. MimiG says

My first thought was Terri Garr also. I know she’s having a lot of health issues right now.

3. cardinalkay says

H O L A!

I know who it is! TERRI GARR! I saw photos of her house in a decorating magazine years ago and have never forgotten how cool they were! I love her, and I love her sense of style! That room is awesome, and doesn’t it make you long to seize a sledge hammer and remove a ceiling or two?

K A Y

4. cardinalkay says

HOLA AGAIN!

When I see a scrumptuous, all-white room like this, it has me yearning to paint everything that doesn’t move, white! Who’s with me? Terri Garr has has M.S. for years, I forgot to mention. Wouldn’t you love to be her best friend?

K A Y

5. MaryBeth says

Only from your description do I know it is Terri Garr. I am amazed at this room it is so beautiful and what a sin she had to sell. I see above someone said her house was featured in a magazine I would love to find out which one and see other rooms. I would say thanks for the quiz but this one hurts a little, since she had to leave for medical and financial reasons. MB

6. Norma says

This is Terri Garr’s bedroom, she sold the house this June, the buyer was not a celebrity. That’s so sad that she has to sell that beautiful home, because she can’t work , she’s had MS for a few years now.

Such a relaxing bedroom….this is a room that would really help you to have some sweet, sweet dreams….ZZZzzz

I am dizzy with relaxation just looking at the photo.

Terri Garr is a delightful actress…love her in Close Encounters.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Hi Julia :)

Beautiful bedroom. I’ve always loved Teri Garr. I knew who it was when you mentioned David Letterman. She is his favorite. I wondered what happened to her. How sad that she has to go through losing her house on top of everything else.

rue

Hello, I really enjoy your blog!…I too am “hooked on houses”. I dont know who this beautiful bedroom belongs to, but I wish it was me….

10. Kathy :) says

Terri Garr, I know she has MS but didn’t know she was going to lose her home !! I always loved her on the Letterman show, I always got the feeling that Dave had a crush on her. So sad Julia .I think she started out as a dancer.

What a pretty room, it suits her I think.

Kathy :)

I am going to guess terri garr also. What a shame; it’s such a lovely home.
    I’ll never forget her in Tootsie, “I control my own orgasm!”

I don’t have any idea who’s it is – but I love her bedroom. It’s so soothing. Love all that white!

My gosh, that’s one gorgeous room. I dont have a clue who it is, but if it is Terri and she did have to sell for health reasons… I’m so sorry for her.

I saw Teri Garr’s house in a magazine a long time ago. I remember hearing she has had MS for many years.

Wow, GORGEOUS! I am so inspired! Oh and I’m FINALLY BACK! So sorry for never responding to your comments. I haven’t been on my blog since April and barely on the internet…I updated my blog with all the info.

We’re remodeling a TON so I’ll have to send ya pictures when I get them all set up! :-)

So glad to be back…I need your blog for inspiration!!

~melody~

16. Kellye says

That’s very sad about Teri Garr. My father has MS, so I know how awful it can be.

It’s a lovely, simple room. However, it’s not my style at all.