20 Years Ago Today…

I said I would. I did. And I still do. Here’s to another 20, and many more!

Now, don't get excited. This isn't my hallway (I wish!), but one from the Sophia's Harbor house at Homearama. This photo wall lent a personal…
annapatiodoors-tokitchen
Anna Maria Horner is a multitalented artist who designs colorful housewares, gift items, and textiles. Her sewing book Seams to Me hits bookshelves this fall.…

Comments

1. Sara says

Happy Anniversary!! My parent’s anniversary is today too-43 yrs.

2. Melanie says

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Hope you have a wonderful year ahead and MANY more!

OMG! Congratulations to you and Dave! I cannot believe that it’s been 20 years. If the pink dress with the big bow had made the moves for the past 20 years, I’d wear it tonight to celebrate. You and Dave are a wonderful couple and an inspiration to the rest of us. Congratulations!!

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! Hope you have a great time of celebrating this milestone! :)

5. booklover164 says

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful milestone.
    My husband and I just celebrated 12 years yesterday :)

Wow that’s awesome! Congratulations! What are you doing for your special anniversary? Anything?

7. Don Knispel? says

Hi Julie,

Happy Anniversary! I can’t believe it has been 20 years since I read that toast so few people probably understood…Here’s to more poetry in your lives! Is that too corny? If so, I hope you have many years together comprised of days in which you both win good arguments…

8. nearsightedowl says

Congrats on 20 years Dave and Julia! You two were definitely made for each other – a match made in heaven.

Oh, Happy anniversary! You DO NOT look old enough to be married for that long! You must have been a child bride 😉 Congrats.
    Jen R

Jen–
    I was WAY too young. I still can’t believe my parents let me do it. I was still in college and Dave’s “job” was as a singer in a rock band, playing in bars on weekends. If my daughter came to me at 20 and wanted to do the same thing, I’d totally freak. I’m just hoping she doesn’t use that against me someday. “You and Dad got married young and it worked out. Why can’t I?” Yikes. Scary thought.

Brandee–
    I thought that old limo would be so cool to drive off in. What I didn’t take into consideration was that it had no A/C, and it was, like, 100 degrees that day. And I was wearing that big dress with long sleeves. And the driver drove us all around town at 25 mph in it while we were sweating like pigs. I thought I was going to die in the back of that thing, but we lived to tell about it. 😉

Thanks for all of your sweet congratulations. I love that my maid of honor and Dave’s best man commented here, too. It warms my heart–and is keeping me from packing for our trip. Reading your comments is way more fun. -J

Twenty years! Oh, I hope there is some big celebration in the works! Happy anniversary!

Lots of anniversary posts lately…I guess tis the season!

Congratulations, Julia! You should be so proud of yourselves. That is huge – especially these days. I hope this vacation you’re taking is a romantic one for the two of you! (Or at least that you are able to carve a date night out of it!!) Have fun!!!

Okay now…what were you? 12?? You are far too young lookng to
    have been married for 20 years!

20 more?? Nah…here is to 60 more! I think yoiu will make it and do so with a smile and still holding hands.

I hope your vacation is sweet…as sweet as you dear Julia!

Love,
    Sue

14. Liz says

Congratulations from Bridesmaid #2. It seems like it was 5 years ago, not two decades.

Thanks, Sue! Aren’t you sweet? The problem with getting married so young is that it makes you FEEL old to tell people you’ve been hitched for two decades.

Thanks, Liz! I’ll always be grateful to you for straightening my train. And for wearing that awful pink dress with the bow and still being my friend afterwards. -J :-)

Congratulations on 20 years. That is definitely something to be proud of. I just wanted to tell you I have so enjoyed perusing your blog. It has given me great inspiration.

Thank you also for the nice comment you left me. You were the first comment on my blog. YEAH! I am new to the blogging world, but can’t believe the talented people out there. Congrats again–Hope you had a great day celebrating.

17. sweetenlife says

Well, Jules, you were awfully young in biological terms but you were always pretty responsible and mature. We are so proud of you and Dave and for giving us two great kids. Your parenting skills exceed your parents so maybe Lily will wait til she is 20 and a half.

Dave is such a great gift from God that I, in my great wisdom, thought, “Oh My Goodness, will we ever find anyone as nice and helpful as him again? We better grab him while we can. And, ‘Handy Dave’ has certainly added positively to the gener pool.

By the way, that Rolls Royce limo was hot as heck wasn’t it.

Awwww…Happy 20! We’ll be celebating 20 this December!!
    Kick up your heels…and enjoy your day!

19. MaryBeth says

Happy Anniversary! I am coming up on 20 fast and furious. I wasn’t even sure we would make 1 but we did.
    Hope you had a wonderful day.
    MB

20. Kathy :) says

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!! Packing ??? hope you 2 are going somewhere fabulous….

xo
    Kathy :)

21. Amy Jo says

WOW! 20 years is quite the milestone…Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary! :)

I looked at how long you’ve been married and thought to myself… I thought she was closer to my age! But then I realized it was 1988 20 years ago. OMG! YOU are my age and that WAS 20 years ago!! Holy moly…..

rue :)

I’m laughing at what Rue wrote above me. Seeing something was 20 years ago always freaks me out like I was an infant or something. I’ve been out of HS for 21 years… yikes. How’d I get so old?

24. Carlene says

Julia! Happy Anniversary to you & Dave!
    I can NOT believe 20 years…you look 20!
    How wonderful!
    I have enjoyed your site so much and wish you continued success & blessings in all things. xo