It’s time for House #3 on our Homearama tour. (If you missed the explanation about our Fantasy Open House week, click here to read about it first.)
The Hampton, built by Eagle Custom Homes, has 8,200 square feet and is on the market for $1.7 million. Its design was inspired by coastal Long Island. According to the builder, “The shake shingle exterior topped with cupolas immediately sets a warm, inviting tone that flows to an open floor plan that’s a mix of formal and informal.” What it does not have, however, is a water view, since it’s on the opposite side of the street from the others you’ve seen so far. It sits on a larger lot, though.
I wonder what you’ll have to say about this one?
What did you think about The Hampton? I could really go for that au pair suite–especially if it came with an au pair! (The kids are driving me just a little crazy this morning. How nice would it be to send them upstairs to the au pair?)
Don’t forget to leave a comment letting us all know how you voted, and why!
Come back tomorrow to see a more contemporary home called the “Pavan Kunj,” which was designed according to the principles of India’s Vedic architecture.
If You Missed Any Other Posts in the Homearama Fantasy Open House Series:
- A Fine Room for Fido: It’s a Dog’s Life at Homearama!
- Fantasy Open House #1: The Sanctuary
- Fantasy Open House #2: The Manier Sherridan
- Fantasy Open House #3: The Hampton
- Fantasy Open House #4: Pavan Kunj
- Fantasy Open House #5: Sophia’s Harbor
- Fantasy Open House #6: The Artisan
- Fantasy Open House #7: The Chateau Tourelle
If You Missed Our Fantasy Open House Week in Birmingham:
- Open House #1: French Chateau in Birmingham
- Open House #2: Shook Hill Mansion
- Open House #3: Sleek Greek Contemporary
- Open House #4: Southern Traditional
- Open House #5: Homewood Manor
- Open House #6: Rockledge Estate
- Open House #7: Old Leeds Ridge
- Open House #8: Stately Brick Traditional