Wake Up Your Walls with Wall Decals

by hookedonhouses on April 3, 2008

stickers9.jpe

Check out these amazing decals for the walls and ceilings of your home. Barcelona-based designer Mira En Tu Interior offers bold designs that can easily transform a room.

You can specify the colors of the stickers that you want depending on your decor. It’s fun to experiment with the different colors on their website. For example, the bird at the top of the post could be blue if you wanted, or yellow. It’s up to you! Take a look at some of the fanciful rooms they’ve decorated at Miraentuiterior:

stickers1.jpe

stickers6.jpe

stickers5.jpe

stickersblueflowers.jpe

stickers4.jpe

stickerpurple.jpe

stickers3.jpe

stickers2.jpe

stickersgreenhall.jpe

stickers11.jpe

I like how they decorated the sliding closet doors in this room:

stickersflowers.jpe

stickers10.jpe

stickers7.jpe

How fun are these? Do you have a favorite? I think they’d work especially well in children’s rooms or play rooms.

They’re not for everyone and every style, but I enjoyed seeing what they did with these rooms here. One nice thing about them is that, unlike wallpaper, they are easy to remove when you tire of them and want something new!

Check out miraentuinterior for more examples.

Unfortunately, the website isn’t in English, so I’m not sure if we can get them here in the U.S. yet or not. Oops. See, this is why I need my readers, because you catch things that I don’t. As Bobblehead mentioned in the comments, there is a way to see the pages of their website in English. In the upper-right hand corner of the screen there are three tiny flags. Click on the one farthest to the right, and it’ll magically translate everything for you. Yay.

According to the website, which I can now read (I never did too well in Spanish class, sadly):

The vinyl is a durable adhesive material cut with the design shape. You can choose between our wide range of designs from our catalogue, in the colour your like and in different sizes.

See Dali Decals for more fabulous wall decal options–no translating necessary.

To read about more ways you can transform rooms with pattern and color:

JLB April 4, 2008 at 12:22 am

Too cool! I think I saw these at a trade show and walked right on by because they looked to childish. The bubbles and bamboo are way cool.

bobblhead April 4, 2008 at 4:25 am

Some hot stuff!
Actually it is in English. In the top right you can toggle between 3 different languages. Thanks for sharing!

hookedonhouses April 4, 2008 at 6:04 am

Hey, bobblhead, thanks for pointing that out. It’s funny because the person who told me about it said it was all in Spanish, so I didn’t even question it or search for English options! Now I’ve got to go back to the website and check it out again. :-)

Ali April 4, 2008 at 8:34 am

Long time lurker, first time poster here…

Really cool! I’m not sure how I feel about them in main areas of the house or in my bedroom. But I’ve been looking for something neat/different/cool for my tweens girls’ room. Some of these designs would be really fun to put on their walls. I’ll get their expert opinion this afternoon!

Love your blog!

hookedonhouses April 4, 2008 at 8:55 am

Welcome, Ali! I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to hear from my long-time lurkers. I love knowing who’s stopping by each day. Thanks for taking the time to say hello! -Julia :-)

Liz April 4, 2008 at 10:24 am

I may need to get some of these for the “new” office of cinderblocks I’m about to be dumped in. Is there one on the site that says, “I REALLY don’t care why your paper is late?”

Tracey April 4, 2008 at 3:58 pm

That is too cool for school. You always amaze me with your finds!

J-Dawg April 4, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Cool!

Amy April 5, 2008 at 5:45 pm

Very, very cool! I love most of them. I could live without the face though :)

melissa@wall decals kids January 28, 2011 at 3:16 am

Really, really nice. I especially like the bird on the phone, the dining room and the little girl’s bedroom. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea@Vinyl Wall Decor June 7, 2011 at 9:55 am

Wow! Some really great examples of wall decals there.

I think my favourite is the purple design around the center light fitting… or maybe the bubbles…